Confirmed with Link: [MTL/EDM] Desharnais (20% retained) traded to Edmonton for Brandon Davidson

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Considering it was his first game in a while he looked pretty good actually. made a poor decision on a pass enterign the zone on one play and also had a poor zone exit along the boards on the goal. aside from that he was solid. he flashed more ofensive flare in the two plays he made in the second period then emelin has all year.

Im not saying emelin lost his spot. but the reality is we will probably lose Davidson at the exp draft but he does whatever Emelin does with a cap saving of 2.7

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Im not saying emelin lost his spot. but the reality is we will probably lose Davidson at the exp draft but he does whatever Emelin does with a cap saving of 2.7

Sorry, but that's not even close. I don't even think I need to elaborate why. If that was a known idea around the league there's no way Edmonton would've traded him and if they did they would've got a better return. Davidson played 14 minutes and Markov and Weber had to be over used to compensate for him being in the lineup. If he was as solid as Emelin he would've have at least 4 more minutes and players would've kept their heads up more when he was on the ice. Was not the case at all.

Davidson was solid enough for a 5 or 6, probably can be better, but not close to Emelin yet.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Sorry, but that's not even close. I don't even think I need to elaborate why. If that was a known idea around the league there's no way Edmonton would've traded him and if they did they would've got a better return. Davidson played 14 minutes and Markov and Weber had to be over used to compensate for him being in the lineup. If he was as solid as Emelin he would've have at least 4 more minutes and players would've kept their heads up more when he was on the ice. Was not the case at all.

Davidson was solid enough for a 5 or 6, probably can be better, but not close to Emelin yet.

Emelin has been brutal lately, but I always feel it is unfair to judge a vet solely on such a small sample. In general he's been very good this year.

I was not impressed with Davidson in the Vancouver game, but I'll need to see more of him before I form an opinion. He looked rusty which is to be expected after playing on a new team for the first time after sitting for a few games. However he might be the 7th for the rest of the year so he might not get the chance to round back into shape.

On another note, I'm unsure why so many seem to think this guy is a lock to be chosen in the expansion draft. As mentioned above, he's likely our 7th D for the remainder of the year. He may very well be selected, but I don't think it will be a no-brainer given that guys like Plekanec, Hudon, DLR, Emelin, And Benn will likely also be available.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Is Davidson healthy? (he appears as ''undisclosed'' in the healthy scratch or injured column in espn boxscores).

Thanks/cheers for any info.

(espn nhl boxscores...bottom area of boxscores where players are announced as healthy scratches or injured or undisclosed,etc).

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Was he benched for most of Sunadays game? I ask this because I never noticed him at all.

His line was noticeable in the first period, I can't tell after that though. The truth is that Kassian and Pouliot were noticeable by driving the net more often than not and creating scrimmage after plays

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Thats what playing with Weber can do...
Except that he sucked with Weber too, hence his demotion. Played really well for half the season and then just dropped off.

Good for Davidson to get some ice but next time it's got to be Emelin who sits.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Except that he sucked with Weber too, hence his demotion. Played really well for half the season and then just dropped off.

Good for Davidson to get some ice but next time it's got to be Emelin who sits.

But he was good with Weber for a lot of games no?

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Anyone watch the entire Hab/Hawk game?

Davidson was solid? Good defensively...kept it simple and nice/not fancy? (Davidson was a + 1...with 1 assist... ;
$4.1mil/yr Emelin was a -3 with 3 giveaways:shakehead).

Stats:
<Davidson...+1...1 assist...2hits...0 giveaways...14:42 (ice-time)
<Emelin...-3...0pts...2hits...3 giveaways...19:37 (ice-time).

Source:
http://www.espn.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400885423

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
But he was good with Weber for a lot of games no?

Emelin's been terrible for almost the entire season outside the Habs hot start. This is always the case with Emelin every year, he has a string of games where he looks like a top pairing, but by and large, he's usually a tire fire outside his hot streaks.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Davidson vs Tampa...
14:19 ice-time...21 shifts...1 hit, no give-aways, no take-aways.

From what I saw...he played well, kept it simple/good, but may have accidentally deflected the puck to the stick of the only Tampa scorer tonight (not Davidson's fault, imo). It was a double-deflection. Overall he played well (kept it simple). Really glad we got him for $3.5mil/yr DD.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400885556

Really liking our #4-5-6-7 D-depth with Beaulieu/Emelin/Benn/Davidson. I like Nesterov at #8, but maybe he should get 1-2 games to avoid rust? (if he's healthy??).

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Davidson is signed for next season & I'm good with him being our #6/#7. Keeps it simple & steady which is what you want from that spot. Seems like a good teammate. A nice pick-up for DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad