Confirmed with Link: [MTL/DAL] Habs Acquire Jordie Benn for Pateryn and a 4th

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Montreal got Galchenyuk at #3 and Price at #5.

Only 7yrs between top picks...wow! Recipe for success there

Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Edmonton all had their top picks in consecutive years. Hell, I can keep going with buffalo, Islanders, Florida, Arizona....but they suck!

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I was so wrong about Benn :laugh: He's been great. I find he's a misleading player in that he seems so calm with the puck (surprisingly) and he'll have a guy coming at him and unlike others who seem to panic he takes his time and makes the smart play most of the time. I'm sure Dallas fans didn't like what they saw but that could have more to do with overall team defense than Benn. We often get players that teams fans say suck only for them to blossom here. Byron is the exception though, I heard a few flames fans even prior to him performing well here who were baffled by their managements stupid move :laugh:

He's actually a pretty good skater, has decent hands and will take the hit to make the play which gives him more time to make the play. Really impressive play from him so far.

Byron just had no finish before. His game was always solid. He's put everything together now and is a complete player. What an amazing pick up.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
He's actually a pretty good skater, has decent hands and will take the hit to make the play which gives him more time to make the play. Really impressive play from him so far.

Byron just had no finish before. His game was always solid. He's put everything together now and is a complete player. What an amazing pick up.

I realize he didn't have any finish but he was still close to 0.5ppg and fast as hell. Had clear signs of being a late bloomer IMO. You simply don't waive players like that IMO, you wait and see. He was 24 iirc when they waived him, maybe 25. I realize for a forward that isn't young but if you look he did have some goals and assists. Projected as a 10g-20a-30pt guy roughly, who can PK and had speed. It wasn't likely he'd become a 20g-20a-40pt guy but it wasn't highly unlikely either.

As for Benn at least I can say he's roughly a 20pt d-man and is nearing 30, wasn't projecting to me anything more than a bottom pairing guy who could chip in once in a while. Also he missed a decent number of games over the years, not sure if it's for injuries or being scratched. Trading him for a younger potential bottom pairing guy and a pick has logic behind it. Tbh though Pateryn isn't even much younger. I think it was mostly for a warm body and a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad