Confirmed with Link: [MTL/BUF] Beaulieu to BUF for 3rd (Part II)

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
I thought he'd be better than this. Three points in 20 games? They've finally limited his TOI to 7:46 on Dec. 2nd, only had 9 shifts.

Come on, I'm happy about the return (early 3rd rounder) now that I see how Beaulieu struggles... but he left that game with an injury and hasn't played since.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Can't believe Pierre McGuirre said he could be in a top-4 à la Nashville (he litteraly said that many times on Melnyk). I was wondering if he had ever seen Beaulieu play in the NHL.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The whole Buffalo team is a complete mess right now. Eichel has only 23 points in 30 games. Outside of Kane pretty much nobody is having a good season. Ristolainen has 1 point less than Jordie Benn while being 1000 times better than him offensively. Something is very wrong with that team.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don't blame the team, Beaulieu just sucks as a hockey player. He'd easily clear waivers if it wasn't for his skating. I've wanted him gone for a very long time, and I wish we traded him sooner.

Reactions: jaffy27

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Don't blame the team, Beaulieu just sucks as a hockey player. He'd easily clear waivers if it wasn't for his skating. I've wanted him gone for a very long time, and I wish we traded him sooner.

We are talking about an environment where Ristolainen looks mediocre and Eichel is no where to be seen. No exactly an ideal situation , I am far from a blind Beaulieu supporter , he had many flaws that stopped him from becoming a top 4D. It's naive to think he would be able to transform into that in Buffalo , they are essentially Edmonton 2.0.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Major victory for Bergevin. Schlemko is a better bottom pairing D than Beaulieu.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
We are talking about an environment where Ristolainen looks mediocre and Eichel is no where to be seen. No exactly an ideal situation , I am far from a blind Beaulieu supporter , he had many flaws that stopped him from becoming a top 4D. It's naive to think he would be able to transform into that in Buffalo , they are essentially Edmonton 2.0.
Good point, and nice to see some consistency across the board as this is the explanation on why the Sergachev trade is looking so bad for us right now.

Jul 6, 2016
The problem is that Beaulieu played and produced like a Nhl player last year.

Buffalo is the biggest mess in the league too

So, you're telling us that a players' surrounding is impacting on his overall production ?

So, we can conclude that Drouin would be a top-ten in points in the NHL, IF he would still be in TB !... And Sergachev would have a handful of points in Montreal.

Reactions: 417

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
So, you're telling us that a players' surrounding is impacting on his overall production ?

So, we can conclude that Drouin would be a top-ten in points in the NHL, IF he would still be in TB !... And Sergachev would have a handful of points in Montreal.

This is possible , environment matters immensily , it's certainly impossible to predict what a traded player would do in his previous environment but one can gather an idea.
While also noting that not having a good environment isn't an excuse to trade talented prospects for mediocre value.

Jul 6, 2016
This is possible , environment matters immensily , it's certainly impossible to predict what a traded player would do in his previous environment but one can gather an idea.
While also noting that not having a good environment isn't an excuse to trade talented prospects for mediocre value.[/QUOTE]

Drouin is not "mediocre value"... Just a kid who was injured or sick for many too many games this year, and was put in a no win situation by being placed as a #1 centerman while he was far from it.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Yeah it's not like other teams managed to trade their blue chip D into a much better forward version.

Larsson got Hall
Jones got Johansen.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Drouin sux though. While Beaulieu is dumb as a rock, at least hes not lazy and unimplicated.

Jul 6, 2016
Drouin sux though. While Beaulieu is dumb as a rock, at least hes not lazy and unimplicated.

Drouin is playing hurt since a while. If you cannot understand that, what can I do.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Problem wasn't trading Beaulieu when we did. Problem was trading a 1st rounder as late as they did, making damn sure by all their actions and words that the guy would have as low a value as he had. THAT was the problem with Beaulieu. Part of the lack of vision they have.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Problem wasn't trading Beaulieu when we did. Problem was trading a 1st rounder as late as they did, making damn sure by all their actions and words that the guy would have as low a value as he had. THAT was the problem with Beaulieu. Part of the lack of vision they have.

Which is the surprising part because with the amount of times that MT reprimanded NB, you would have thought that the Habs would have "cut their losses" sooner for that reason alone. (Character players and all that)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->