GDT: MSG NETWORK SPECIAL: Big Show vs. Lesnar (8:00PM EST)

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Game ended in time for Lesnar, the only thing I'm interested in on this show. Nice.

I hope he destroys this jabroni Big Show.

What other matches are on after this?

I think just Cena vs. Rollins.

Weird that Brock isn't main eventing an event advertised as part of "Brocktober".

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lesnar is the only guy in history who can absolutely no sell three chokeslams and get away with it.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Forgot this is for the US title

So, waiting for 3 straight clean wins for the US champ over the WWE world heavyweight champ

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Pretty much a typical house show. Thought maybe the tag titles or something would change hands since it was on the network and thought the Lesnar match would at least be longer. Cena - Rollins was good even if the ending was predictable.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Who did you want to see get squashed? If you started such a poll, I'm sure the Big Show would in it.

I'm not upset he got squashed. I'm upset they put him over Cesaro twice to build him up to getting squashed. This booking hurt both Show and Cesaro and it did nothing to help Brock. He dominated Big Show at the rumble 2 years ago so the squash is totally meaningless.

One guy had fans holding up "Cesaro Section" signs and was getting a great reaction. The other guy is getting "please retire" chants and X-Pac heat. The other guy is the one who gets a push instead of the first guy. It's infuriating. I just find it hard to believe that Vince watches his own product.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It's sickening how lesnar not only can get big show up on his shoulders but freely walk/turn around with him like a sack of potatoes. Not to mention the belly to belly.

A freal like cena can barely AA big show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not upset he got squashed. I'm upset they put him over Cesaro twice to build him up to getting squashed. This booking hurt both Show and Cesaro and it did nothing to help Brock. He dominated Big Show at the rumble 2 years ago so the squash is totally meaningless.

One guy had fans holding up "Cesaro Section" signs and was getting a great reaction. The other guy is getting "please retire" chants and X-Pac heat. The other guy is the one who gets a push instead of the first guy. It's infuriating. I just find it hard to believe that Vince watches his own product.

OK, you're more concerned about them building up to a house show, to which I agree with you. Cesaro was squashed by Lesnar by proxy, which is funny considering the IWC wants that match.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cesaro vs Lesnar would be a terrible match. I'm sure they could have a great match, but that's not what the WWE does. They'd just have Lesnar kill who ever he's against in the boring way that he does.

Maybe on Lesnar's retirement tour he'll put people over, but I'm not even sure the WWE would want to do that. Which sucks. I just hope they don't keep him around much longer. He's booked far too powerful to be interesting right now.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lesnar is so limited because of this suplex city stuff. It was fun at first, but now it's just really holding Lesnar back from his true ability.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Lesnar was at his best when he was using stiff knees and shoulders, and setting people up for the Kimoura Lock. His feuds with Triple H, Cena, and Punk were his most legitimate ring work IMO.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lesnar was at his best when he was using stiff knees and shoulders, and setting people up for the Kimoura Lock. His feuds with Triple H, Cena, and Punk were his most legitimate ring work IMO.

They wasted a potential MOTY with Lesnar/Rollins to do a suplex fest for 10 minutes before Undertaker interfered. :shakehead

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They wasted a potential MOTY with Lesnar/Rollins to do a suplex fest for 10 minutes before Undertaker interfered. :shakehead

Man i think you have an outstanding point here. The suplex city was fun against Cena and told a story... the fact that other matches have gone a similar way is kind of stupid. Lesnar is WAAAY too good in that ring to limit him down to suplexing guys because of a chant or t-shirt.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can literally tell you every Lesnar match.

Strike, strike, corner shoulder blocks, and then the suplex train rolls into town for the about 90% of the remaining match. Very little hope spots for the opponent (not a problem with that since Lesnar is legit), F5, over.

HE IS SO DAMN TALENTED. Let him wrestle/fight. More strikes, it feels more real and different that way. Suplex city was fun the first time, again, because it felt so real and different with Lesnar, but now it's overstayed its welcome and, at least for me, I'm less interested in seeing Lesnar wrestle nowadays because I know it's always the exact same thing. Don't get me wrong, I still love watching him wrestle because a human being moving the way he does, and doing the things he CAN do is just awesome, but I'm less interested in seeing him wrestle now than I was even a year ago at this point. Especially when he's wrestling guys like The Undertaker in 20+ minute matches and only wrestling 10 minutes against someone like Rollins who could have been an interesting foil to Lesnar's offense.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I can literally tell you every Lesnar match.

Strike, strike, corner shoulder blocks, and then the suplex train rolls into town for the about 90% of the remaining match. Very little hope spots for the opponent (not a problem with that since Lesnar is legit), F5, over.

HE IS SO DAMN TALENTED. Let him wrestle/fight. More strikes, it feels more real and different that way. Suplex city was fun the first time, again, because it felt so real and different with Lesnar, but now it's overstayed its welcome and, at least for me, I'm less interested in seeing Lesnar wrestle nowadays because I know it's always the exact same thing. Don't get me wrong, I still love watching him wrestle because a human being moving the way he does, and doing the things he CAN do is just awesome, but I'm less interested in seeing him wrestle now than I was even a year ago at this point. Especially when he's wrestling guys like The Undertaker in 20+ minute matches and only wrestling 10 minutes against someone like Rollins who could have been an interesting foil to Lesnar's offense.

I mean take away his match vs rollins and you have him fighting guys like undertaker and big show. As much as everyone loves taker, obviously he can't move quick anymore, he doesn't even use his signature flying DDT anymore. So expecting to get more out of brock is kind of riduclous in those situations. See what he's up against after taker and go from there.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
It's sickening how lesnar not only can get big show up on his shoulders but freely walk/turn around with him like a sack of potatoes. Not to mention the belly to belly.

A freal like cena can barely AA big show.
Lesnar is an absolute freak. Cena is strong as hell but Lesnar's in an entirely different league. The stuff this guy is able to do is unreal.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Lesnar is an absolute freak. Cena is strong as hell but Lesnar's in an entirely different league. The stuff this guy is able to do is unreal.

Fun fact - Lesnar once flew off a forklift from outside of the ring into the center of the ring at none other than the big show...that's like at least 10 ft of flying forward.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Skimmed through the show, only really watched the tag titles match, IC match and Lesnar match.

Tag match was entertaining I really thought 3D would win, but they just did a repeat of NOC, I expect Dudleys vs New Day in a tables match at HiaC and Dudleys win.

IC match was pretty good, it really picked up near the end and was good. K.O is just so good at playing the heel. Jericho's Suit and tie heel a few years ago was one of my favorite heel runs.

Lesnar vs Show was just... alright. I still don't mind that all Lesnar does is Suplex people. Lesnar is still a must see guy when he shows up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad