MSG Ice

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
We all know MSG ice sucks, and the Rangers better be careful with those lateral passes.

Are there any events in the next couple of days? Is it going to give the crews enough time to properly resurface it?

That ice better be as good as it can be.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Dude, its still terrible.

I've read players saying it was one of the better surfaces this year. Regardless, theret's going to be a whole new floor put in next summer (2013) so that should improve things.

I think the biggest problem is still the lighting on the rink, especially on the 8th ave side. It's really bad, there's shadows everywhere

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I've read players saying it was one of the better surfaces this year. Regardless, theret's going to be a whole new floor put in next summer (2013) so that should improve things.

I think the biggest problem is still the lighting on the rink, especially on the 8th ave side. It's really bad, there's shadows everywhere

Really, all I have read is quite the contrary:

From earlier in the season:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011...na-same-old-bad-ice-at-madison-square-garden/

Del Z flat out said it.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

Blue Seat Spartan

Permanent Vacation
Apr 24, 2012
Richmond County, NY
I'll look for the article, it was a while ago. Maybe I'm misremembering and they were talking about how much worse another rink was.

Still over a full season away from the brand new floor, guess it can't come soon enough

I'm trying to recall a previous post from updates on the Garden Transformation, but in addition to the new floor & piping, will this include a modern refrigeration plant in closer proximity to the arena floor?

I remember going to a game during the dark ages (2003 vs. Buffalo in March?) and from the angle of the light reflecting of the ice, I could see puddles in certain parts of the rink, even at the midway point of a period.

Nightshift

Mar 22, 2013
Even with the Garden transformed, the ice still seems shoddy at best. Pucks constantly bouncing and rolling. Much more noticeable then other arenas. Combined with a group of skaters who don't have great puck skills makes for a bad situation. Perhaps it is already, but this squad needs some serious practice with handling hot pucks. Klein had to deal with this early in the game. A rolling pass was headed his way at the Blues blueline. He could tell it was going to be tough to handle so he positioned himself to receive it on the backhand. He wasn't able to handle it but was able to retrieve the puck because he had turned his body and was in good skating postion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad