MSG from the CEO/President/Owner/Governor

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I received this in the e-mail from our President and CEO:

To our valued Senators supporters,

This has been a disappointing season for our team. Our place in the standings speaks for itself. Trust me, no one is more aware of this – and more frustrated by it – than I am.

But one challenging year does not define our team. And if anything, the commitment to re-establish our great franchise and reclaim our place atop the NHL standings should unite all Senators fans, partners and season-seat members. Now is the time for us to focus on the future rather than dwelling on a difficult season.

Remember, it was just a year ago we came within one goal of playing for the Stanley Cup. That grit and that fire are still part of the Senators’ DNA.

When I came on board, the Ottawa Senators were in deep financial trouble. Together, with your support, we brought this team back to life and we have had Canada’s most successful NHL on-ice performance over the past 15 years. Backed by Ottawa fans and the entire community, I have demonstrated my commitment to giving you the best possible team over and over again. Today, I am just as committed to the Ottawa Senators and to keeping them in the City of Ottawa as I was in 2003.

Enduring a tough year has given us a chance for clear-eyed evaluation. This is an ongoing process but I can tell you one thing: we are not looking to just tweak our lineup nor mortgage our future for stop-gap solutions.

The kind of change required to reclaim our standing needs a change in approach, requires difficult decisions and commitment to a plan. As an organization, and community, it meant saying goodbye to some very good players this year – quality men who gave their all on the ice and in the community.

As a team, we need to get younger, faster and more skilled. We have already announced several key steps to making that happen.

I remain committed to investing what is needed to identify, draft and develop the players that embody what it means to be an Ottawa Senator. We have a strong foundation of players on this team and in the pipeline ready to contribute.

The passion of our fans in the Ottawa community is unlike any other in the NHL. As an owner, that is the most important thing of all.

That’s why we are looking to improve every aspect of the Ottawa fan experience. And, of course, we continue to work towards realizing our vision for LeBreton Flats.

Over the coming months, you’ll learn more about our plans to improve the fan experience, to make our games more fun, accessible and affordable and to have an even greater presence in our community.

Every day we are mindful and proud to represent the passion, strength and integrity of the National Capital Region, both on and off the ice. Every member of the organization understands our responsibility to make a positive community impact.
We are dedicated to be an even larger part of Ottawa’s fabric, to ensure that no matter the outcome on the ice on any given night, we’ll always, always be winning in the community.

On a personal level, let me repeat that I have every intention of rebuilding the Senators to become the finest team in the NHL and bringing a Stanley Cup to Ottawa.

I remain a diehard Sens fan. I know you are too. We value your support and hope you can join in our excitement about the future for this team. Thank you.

Eugene Melnyk
Chief Executive Officer
Owner and Governor

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Meaningless-Existence.jpg

Reactions: derriko and Deku

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
I remain committed to investing what is needed to identify, draft and develop the players that embody what it means to be an Ottawa Senator. We have a strong foundation of players on this team and in the pipeline ready to contribute.

What exactly does it mean to be an Ottawa Senator? I’d argue that this team has no identity

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
‘’I remain committed to investing what is needed to identify, draft and develop the players’....so we can rid of them when they are in their prime and start over again.

...Finished your thought, and every Sens fans thought, for you Eugene, and this one was free (but you have to pay for parking)

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
More BS from the worst owner in the league. I’m not buying it. He said nothing concrete in this long statement. Weren’t they minutes away from trading Karlsson a few days ago?? What changed in the past few days Eugene??

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Get to the point. It sounds like a start-up tech company on Shark Tank.

Anyways, I expect to him to say more of these empty words when Karlsson is gone.

“Don’t forget that we were one goal away from the Stanley Cup Finals. That’s why some of our best players will be gone.”

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->