Mrazek traded to the Flyers

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
another 6 goals given up today and now 3-2. see how stupid it is to jump conclusions so early
This is cherry picking.
He allowed 6, but the opposing goalie too.
It is not like they lost 6-1 or 6-2.
Nevertheless he allowed 10 goals last 2 games, 14 in 5 and is 2-1-2 or 3-2 or 3-1-1.
7 points in 5 games.
Now the question is how he goes from here on.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
The problem is quite a few of those goals he's given up have been pretty bad. I counted 3 of the 6 tonight that shouldn't have happened. Vasi wasn't much better, but the Flyers outplayed the Lightning.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
This is cherry picking.
He allowed 6, but the opposing goalie too.
It is not like they lost 6-1 or 6-2.
Nevertheless he allowed 10 goals last 2 games, 14 in 5 and is 2-1-2 or 3-2 or 3-1-1.
7 points in 5 games.
Now the question is how he goes from here on.

your post makes no sense. the facts are that his record is now 3-2 and has given up 10 goals in his last 2 games. that is not cherry picking

and since when does a goalie get a pass for letting in 6 goals just because the other goalie does too? :huh:. the excuses people keep coming up with for mrazek continue to amuse me

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Mrazek has had a tough time the last couple. A lot of the goals have been similar, too. He's having trouble with slappers and one timers, for some reason. I don't remember that being a particular weakness in Detroit, but he's let in like 5 of them in 2 games.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Mrazek has had a tough time the last couple. A lot of the goals have been similar, too. He's having trouble with slappers and one timers, for some reason. I don't remember that being a particular weakness in Detroit, but he's let in like 5 of them in 2 games.

I dont recall so much during regulation, but I remember a ton of OT goals that were slap shots/one timers. That was always my biggest fear when OT started and Mrazek was in net.

So this really doesn't surprise me at all.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Hope he gets those 5 wins in before one of their better goalies gets healthy. He'd been benched in favor of their backup by now. I want that 3rd rounder, dammit!

I've pretty much given up hope getting the extra 3rd and 2nd.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
your post makes no sense. the facts are that his record is now 3-2 and has given up 10 goals in his last 2 games. that is not cherry picking

and since when does a goalie get a pass for letting in 6 goals just because the other goalie does too? :huh:. the excuses people keep coming up with for mrazek continue to amuse me
Sure it does not make sense to you. But I have no either time no intention to simplify and explain it to you.
I make it perfectly clear he allowed 10 goals in last 2 and that it will be interesting to see from now on. Yet you managed to somehow he got a pass.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Sure it does not make sense to you. But I have no either time no intention to simplify and explain it to you.
I make it perfectly clear he allowed 10 goals in last 2 and that it will be interesting to see from now on. Yet you managed to somehow he got a pass.
lol nice cop out. then why even mention how many goals the other goalie gave up. by doing that you are implying that mrazek giving up 6 goals isn't so bad because the other goalie did. what difference does it make?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
lol nice cop out. then why even mention how many goals the other goalie gave up. by doing that you are implying that mrazek giving up 6 goals isn't so bad because the other goalie did. what difference does it make?
He wouldn't respond to a post that shred his argument because it was "too long"

Reactions: ShelbyZ

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
If we are just going to re-state Mrazek's post trade stats day by day... this is going to be boring as hell.

3 wins so far... 2 more to go.

3rd vs 4th round pick is likely a big difference.

Next 5 games will be very telling. FLA, PIT, BOS, WPG and VGK. That's all quality opponents that can score in bunches.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
He's getting two wins out of those. Mrazek, as much as I ride him and didn't care for him, is a big moment goalie. He will win games that he shouldn't and lose games that he shouldn't. So, while those five games look pretty daunting, he's coming out of it with the two we need.

My guess? FLA and BOS at least.

And it is ludicrous to update Mrazek's stats day by day. It's crazy for any goalie, but the whole ****ing point about Mrazek is that he's inconsistent and you can't rely on him to just be your Henrik Lundqvist who plays 85%+ of the time. He's always going to string a couple really fantastic starts together and a couple real duds.

Basically, he's always going to be this until he shores up his positional play, his rebound control, and his tendency to be overaggressive. He looks fantastic when his aggressive decision works and looks awful when it doesn't.

This is why the Wings were okay with moving on from him. It's not because they think he's a bad goaltender. They didn't sour on his long term potential because he wasn't talented. It's because he wasn't working at or even looking like he was remotely interested in fixing the bad parts of his game. He's always going to be this goalie until he fixes his mechanics.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
He's getting two wins out of those. Mrazek, as much as I ride him and didn't care for him, is a big moment goalie. He will win games that he shouldn't and lose games that he shouldn't. So, while those five games look pretty daunting, he's coming out of it with the two we need.

My guess? FLA and BOS at least.

And it is ludicrous to update Mrazek's stats day by day. It's crazy for any goalie, but the whole ****ing point about Mrazek is that he's inconsistent and you can't rely on him to just be your Henrik Lundqvist who plays 85%+ of the time. He's always going to string a couple really fantastic starts together and a couple real duds.

Basically, he's always going to be this until he shores up his positional play, his rebound control, and his tendency to be overaggressive. He looks fantastic when his aggressive decision works and looks awful when it doesn't.

This is why the Wings were okay with moving on from him. It's not because they think he's a bad goaltender. They didn't sour on his long term potential because he wasn't talented. It's because he wasn't working at or even looking like he was remotely interested in fixing the bad parts of his game. He's always going to be this goalie until he fixes his mechanics.

He probably won't play against Boston as it's a btb game. I see him winning the FLA, PIT and Vegas games and going 3-1. How many goals he gives up is a different matter.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
He probably won't play against Boston as it's a btb game. I see him winning the FLA, PIT and Vegas games and going 3-1. How many goals he gives up is a different matter.

He's not the Wings goalie anymore. He could give up 15 goals in each of those games. If they win 16-15, I don't care.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I'm surprised he played so poorly against TBL yesterday, seemed he always had their number here even with the adult beginners league defense the Wings have.

I'm going with PIT and WPG for his two wins

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014

He always had a issue with making himself bigger to cover up for deflections from shots from the point.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
He wouldn't respond to a post that shred his argument because it was "too long"
You 2 can split a hair for ages because you have too much time on your hands.
Go find yourselves a girlfriend instead of beating a dead horse.
We all know that the sample size is too small.
We can see after 10 games.

But as far as I know the better he does the better picks we get.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
You 2 can split a hair for ages because you have too much time on your hands.
Go find yourselves a girlfriend instead of beating a dead horse.
We all know that the sample size is too small.
We can see after 10 games.

But as far as I know the better he does the better picks we get.
Ah, the ole iron clad go get a girlfriend argument. Talk about checkmate.

And after those ten games you'll see that he's still the same leopard with the same spots, a wildly inconsistent goalie that is a borderline starter in the league. But all he needs to do is win two more games so we can stop talking about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->