Mr Bugg's Top 30 Mock Draft/Guide

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Still no word on how the Leafs managed to get their hands on that 3rd overall pick?
I'm really curious since it seems they were able to keep Steen, and Toronto really doesn't have much more to offer. Maybe one of Rask or Pogge but I don't think they would let those 2 go. Besides, Chicago has some good young goalies in Anderson, Munro and Crawford.

:dunno:

FlaBlackhawk

Jun 9, 2004
Rask interests me as a Hawk fan, but not enough to think of trading the #3 all the way down to #13. Anderson and Munro are minor league goaltenders at best; the jury is still out on Crawford, but i have not been impress by what I have seen. I would like to see the Hawks snag Helenius with Ottawa's 2nd rounder.

Cudos to Bugg's efforts in putting this mock draft together, but I would have to disagree that the Hawks can afford to move down. They have no top end prospects in their system and have the chance to pick either Kessel or Toews at #3. Also, the Hawks DO NOT develop their prospects well. I don't know where that line of thinking comes from.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Mr Bugg [b said:
5)[/b] Boston: Jordan Staal.

Boasting one of the strongest young one-two punches at centre during the 2005-06 season, the Bruins can afford to gamble on a prospect in the mold of past Boston greats. Staal's two-way game and goal-scoring instincts are slowly rounding into form, giving the Bs a potential game-breaking forward. While he's no Joe Thornton, Staal could lessen the blow of losing the big centreman if he meets expectations.

Statline: (Peterborough, OHL) 68 GP, 28 G, 40 A, 68 Pts, 69 PIM
Notable Numbers: Had a 40-point increase from his rookie season.
Assets: Agile, steady skater; excellent wristshot; willing to use his tools.
Flaws: May lack hockey sense; very inconsistent; motivation lacking.
Career Potential: First-line winger; 75-85 points at peak.

Wonderful write-up, however i've got to take exception with your profile of Staal. From everything i've read and heard(various sources, scouts, Mckeens, etc.) you may want to flip wristshot and motivation. Even Jordan admitted that his shot is his weakest ability right now. As for motivation, I read an article where his coach was effusive in his praise of Jordans work ethic and pretty much every source has mentioned this as well.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
excellent post, as a toronto fan i would love to see them move up in the draft.

that being said, i would not pick kessel at #3 from toronto... i'd pick jordan staal or towes.

i'd have to say very thought out.

with a european captain at the moment, and the criticism that has come with that (99%+ of captains that have won the cup are canadian) i's pick a canadian just for the fan support.

i'd love either staal, kessel or towes in toronto... but i prefer staal.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Very nice read indeed. I can't wait for the draft, it'll be interesting to see if some of your projections come true. Well done.

Fravashis

Jul 9, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Mr Bugg said:

12)
Atlanta: Nigel Williams.

The biggest question surrounding the Atlanta Thrashers is on the blueline.

Our blueline is unfortunately the one of our strongest areas of our prospect pipe (2nd behind goaltending).

What we desperately need is a center, we have absolutely no centers that are even worth mentioning in our prospect pool, and with Little most likely being available at our position I really think that is who the Thrashers will take.

We have Coburn on the blueline, and the trade for Popovic is something I dont think enough people are considering.

Dont mean to rip, it was an amazing post and I commend you for putting so much time into it; I just happen to disagree.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Wow, amazing post. Thanks for taking the time to write all that up. even though I think kessel is a hot head, I would love for the Leafs to do this.

Where in the world do you get that he's a hot head from...? :dunno:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
stefan27fan said:
Our blueline is unfortunately the one of our strongest areas of our prospect pipe (2nd behind goaltending).

What we desperately need is a center, we have absolutely no centers that are even worth mentioning in our prospect pool, and with Little most likely being available at our position I really think that is who the Thrashers will take.
the pens have an overloade at center....do you need a malone or christensen, for a wing who can finish?

CH Wizard

Nice mock man...everything seems alright..but i'm suprised about Mitera going that early. I thought also Grabner would be in the top 30.

bulat_faikov

Aug 5, 2004
Quebec
Fozz said:
Still no word on how the Leafs managed to get their hands on that 3rd overall pick?
I'm really curious since it seems they were able to keep Steen, and Toronto really doesn't have much more to offer. Maybe one of Rask or Pogge but I don't think they would let those 2 go. Besides, Chicago has some good young goalies in Anderson, Munro and Crawford.

:dunno:

I don't think the author of this text had a specific trade in mind. I think he just simply said Chicago could afford to drop while picking up some immediate help and Toronto would be a team interested in moving up to grab Kessel. There's no need to ask him who's involved in the trade because there's none.

Also, IMO there's 0,1% chance of Chicago trading their pick because they just changed general manager and trading such a high pick would put him in a hot seat right away. He's better off keeping the pick and getting the BPA, that's what I would do for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad