Upgrade your account today to enjoy the forums ad-free.
Click here to upgrade: Account Upgrades

Moving Forward: Senators Reborn

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators' started by Sen Of A Gun, Jun 12, 2018.

1. edguy

edguy Registered User

Valet Supervisor
    Nothing is actually scheduled.. Its all just rumors at this point

2. Tnuoc Alucard

Tnuoc Alucard Registered User

3. FlabJack

FlabJack Registered User

While the importance of a new owner and arena is a given, beyond that i think the biggest thing this team needs is an identity.
    In articles about new owners, GM:s and coaches on other teams they are always talking about either establishing a new identity or strengthening the excisting one, which may or may not have been lost in some kind of turmoil or other.

This always makes me think about the Sens and wondering what kind on identity they have as a team. There was the time when they were a pesky, gung-ho, never-give-up kind of bunch that was tough to play against, and even before that looking back at the times when conditioning was everything and Brendan Shanahan made fun of the Sens giving post game interviews on stationary bikes there was the identity of being the harder working team in every game and skating the opposition down.

While the NHL is a copycat league end every team seems to be pretty much cut from the same block there are ways to separate a team from the pack. Obviously this can be done in many ways, making the home games a spectacle, playing the game in a specific way or whatever but now it seems that the team is just a bland mess and the only identity they have is all about ****ing up in such creative ways that it seems impossible to top the latest screw up.

I don't care if the new look is youth first, old vets, smash mouth, speed and skill, old school or even mustaches and post game leatherwear, the team needs to do something about this. The team itself has taken a backseat from everything else that's going on.

IlTerrifico and Nac Mac Feegle like this.
  4. edguy

edguy Registered User

Valet Supervisor
    That is still all just rumors.. No confirmed press conference or anything.

but as for rebuilding the Senators brand:

This whole mess has to start with a new owner, one who can afford to own an NHL team.
    They then buy out all of the upper management and coaches, replacing them with guys with NHL experience. John Ferguson Jr. comes to mind for GM.

once that happens we should be able to attract players to Ottawa better, but the next part is probably the tricky one, trying to salvage this Hofman thing. We need to cut ties here's but we can't do it for nothing, the fact it's his girlfriend and not him definitely helps his plummeting value, aybe we can convince STL into a Fabbri for Hoff 1 for 1 or something along those lines.

Next up is the Karlsson thing, with a new owner they hopefully realize that Karlsson is to integral to the community and to the team and they pay him what he is worth. This team needs to start keeping talent, and it starts with him.

5. Flamingo

Flamingo Registered User

OK, this seems weird. Ottawa Special Events twitter account mentions a sale rumour. SensChirp rt's it, but now the @OttSpecEvents tweet is deleted.

6. Chezzz

Chezzz Registered User

Alex Burrows liked the tweet. Craig Anderson also liked a tweet yesterday that was about the dysfunction of the organization. Interesting how slowly some players are kinda speaking out by liking tweets or even just viewing some Brian5or6 videos where he rants about the state of things.

Something is up for sure. At this point someone form the organization needs to step up to a podium and calm the masses here. The fact that no one is either shows us that something is definitely up regarding a sale, or that this franchise is just as f'd up as it looks.

I also find it interesting that all the insiders were talking EK trade, even had him at #1 on the Trade bail board, then suddenly its now "not a given" that Karlsson gets traded. Something must be up and I am sure there are many people out there aware of whats going on.

NB613 likes this.
  7. dzingelalltheway

dzingelalltheway Let's win it all -MR

Professor
    Feels like a bit from column A, a bit from column B. I've heard enough about the impending sale to believe there's fire behind all the smoke. But that doesn't mean the current organization isn't a rudderless ship without a navigator.

8. Burrowsaurus

Burrowsaurus Registered User

so apparently sale has been completed behidn closed doors? tweet was liked by alex burrows of all people lmao

9. Burrowsaurus

Burrowsaurus Registered User

easy answer....no

10. Micklebot

Micklebot Moderator

When the trade board was initially published, there was a radio segment with Dreger I think, and he immediately said that while Karlsson was #1 on the trade board, they still thought it was less likely to happen. He basically said that Karlsson gets the #1 spot not because of the likelihood of it happening, but the magnitude of the trade if it were to happen. Basically, if there was a 10% chance of McDavid being traded, he'd top the list too, just because of who it is. Also mentioned at that time that he'd be shocked if Hoffman was still around after the draft.

11. UnHappyDude

UnHappyDude Fire Dorion

It would also make sense why Melnyk is dragging his ass on the lebreton file

12. Tnuoc Alucard

13. Chezzz

Chezzz Registered User

Aren't you the guy who hates rumours and defends Melnyk at all costs?? Am I missing something or have you been let go by the organization and now sing a different tune??

branch likes this.
  14. edguy

edguy Registered User

Valet Supervisor
    you keep quoting me rumors here... there is nothing scheduled, there is no firm announcement. right now its all just smoke.

15. Coors19

Coors19 Registered User

All of this garbage that is happening around the Sens with no one to face the media or come out to calm the waters to make the fans feel a little bit better about something leads me to believe that there is something coming, Hopefully a new owner. Could you imagine being an owner and just watching your team just up in in flames and not say or do anything?

Ray Kinsella likes this.
  16. BonkTastic

BonkTastic ಠ_ಠ

I wish Alex Burrows was still a good player, because from all other accounts the dude seems hilarious.

17. Joeyjoejoe

Joeyjoejoe Registered User

His PR services of coming in here and defending Melnyk at all costs has also been sold.

This basically confirms it for me the sale has gone through.

NB613, Ray Kinsella, branch and 3 others like this.
  18. Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle wee & free

Looking forward to seeing both of them, plus Batherson, Formenton, and our mystery #4 pick this summer in the development camp. Going to be a nice group of kids this summer to see.

19. Engineer

Engineer Canadian Tire Fire

Yes he is,

interestingly he had info on Hoffman before that went public too.

Somethings up or Count just got tired of us arguing with him and has decided to troll us :laugh:

20. Engineer

Engineer Canadian Tire Fire

Minus the hair pulling and kneeing while fighting antics

Ray Kinsella likes this.
  21. Tnuoc Alucard

no

edguy likes this.
  22. Tnuoc Alucard

Look, I know this is a site that thrives on rumours, and soothsayers who can read between the lines .......... So when I heard the Hoff GF rumour from a very reliable source, I thought I would pass it on here, where pretty much everyone is waiting for the next rumour, no matter how flimsy the source.

All I can say, if that my source was pretty much bang on, which is more than the vast majority of rumours floated around here.

23. Tuna99

Tuna99 Registered User

I’m hoping for all of us that the team is sold this summer.

24. Bob Kudelski

Bob Kudelski Registered User

If we could sign Pyatt another 5-6 years, would help stabilize the team and keep me as a fan until ownership change and downtown arena.

25. Tnuoc Alucard

It's happening on Saturday, according to WC