OT: Movie thread

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
If you are bored with brainless and endless special effect bulk and want to watch actual movies with stories, dont miss Roberto Benignies' life is beautiful. The only movie where durimg final scene i have been crying and laughing at the same time like crazy. Works just fine even alone but propably this is very good suggestion to your movie eve woth date (not the first though but with girl you know already better as this is anyway heavy movie)

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I am watching Man of Steel. I like this movie. I wish they had been allowed to make the sequel and given Henry Cavil more room to breathe and establish himself as Supes instead of turning it into that Dawn of Justice thing at the earliest opportunity. They rushed into things and tried to do too much too soon.

Neighbor Lee

Oct 25, 2013
Droneview
I was conflicted seeing it, I’m curious what you’ll think.

Saw Once Upon a time ...in Hollywood this past weekend. I loved it, wife had mixed feelings, the other couple also hesitantly said they liked it. I'm not a big Tarantino fan but I thought this was great.

I'll admit that through the first half I said to myself, "okay, this is slow, so we're just supposed to enjoy the cinematography" which isn't what i'm there for. My wife leaned over and said, "I'm ready for the plot to start." But the first half sets up the second half and it was worth it.

great characters and acting from Brad Pitt and Leonardo. Great story and writing.

It was an interesting take on the events in 1969 and I have to admit that I wondered about that. If you have seen it, you know what I mean.

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Saw Once Upon a time ...in Hollywood this past weekend. I loved it, wife had mixed feelings, the other couple also hesitantly said they liked it. I'm not a big Tarantino fan but I thought this was great.

I'll admit that through the first half I said to myself, "okay, this is slow, so we're just supposed to enjoy the cinematography" which isn't what i'm there for. My wife leaned over and said, "I'm ready for the plot to start." But the first half sets up the second half and it was worth it.

great characters and acting from Brad Pitt and Leonardo. Great story and writing.

It was an interesting take on the events in 1969 and I have to admit that I wondered about that. If you have seen it, you know what I mean.
It was the pace that drove me mad for that first half. I’m the type that can enjoy a slow movie and don’t mind longer films at all. It was a struggle, and then I figured out where it was headed and I hung in for that.

The next day thinking about it there a bunch of scenes I had really enjoyed and thought the acting had been pretty amazing in moments. The sets were bullseye of course. I would try to watch again in the future to see if it draws me in more earlier.

There were only ten people or so at my showing, three left halfway through. Such a mixed reaction to it out there.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I was conflicted seeing it, I’m curious what you’ll think.

I WAS VERY SATISFIED. THE BUILDUP IS SLOW, BUT I ENJOY TARANTINO’S DIALOGUES BECAUSE PEOPLE TALK THE WAY ACTUAL PEOPLE TALK. SOMETIMES PEOPLE DON’T TALK ABOUT THE STORY. THEY TALK ABOUT HAMBURGERS, THEY TALK ABOUT NOT HAVING SEX WITH A MINOR.

spoilers for the movie

SPOILERS KURVA

spoilers

SPOILERS

Pitt and Leo are great, the kid was awesome (the way she was all giggly after saying she falls, even when they don’t pay her to.)
I COULD WATCH PITT BEATING PEOPLE UP FOR DAYS. Doesn’t get old.

ALSO THE FLAMETHROWER, BEST CHEKHOV GUN EVER. I mean, it should be NO SURPRISE, I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THAT SCENE.

ALSO, GOOD GIRL BRANDY. GOOD GIRL.

spoilers above

SPOILERS ABOVE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->