Movie on Bobby Orr

Gerry4001

Dec 21, 2005
Toronto
After reading the new book "Searching for Bobby Orr" and a Toronto paper review describing it as a great Canadian tragedy, I think they should do a movie on Orr.

Matt Damon would be a shoe in as Orr, he's a Boston kid and even looks like him, Ben Affleck as Derek Sanderson and Nicolas Cage as Espo, with a wig of course. Also get Sidney Crosby, no less, to do Orr's on ice ballet moves, he's got a simillar bow legged skating style, as they got Vincent Lecavalier to play Jean Beliveau in the Rocket Movie.

A Gordie Howe film is in the works apparently and with the success of the Rocket here in Canada why not one on number 4.

espo*

That's actually a great idea though there would probably be no market for it except among hockey fans unless having A list guys like damonand affleck could drum up serious interest.

It is a compelling enough story if put in the hands of the right director and producers.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
I had better get that book for Christmas............

I have never hinted as hard as I did today in the book store with my roommates before our team's gift exchange!

Tell you what Murph, if the Oilers win the all time draft tournament I'll send a copy to you haha.

Rather Gingerly 1*

After reading the new book "Searching for Bobby Orr" and a Toronto paper review describing it as a great Canadian tragedy, I think they should do a movie on Orr.

Matt Damon would be a shoe in as Orr, he's a Boston kid and even looks like him, Ben Affleck as Derek Sanderson and Nicolas Cage as Espo, with a wig of course. Also get Sidney Crosby, no less, to do Orr's on ice ballet moves, he's got a simillar bow legged skating style, as they got Vincent Lecavalier to play Jean Beliveau in the Rocket Movie.

A Gordie Howe film is in the works apparently and with the success of the Rocket here in Canada why not one on number 4.

I agree it would make a great story. With all the highs and lows in his career. From Cup wins to agony of injuries and then the emotional Canada/Summit series at that time. Equal to the Rocket DVD for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad