mouthguards: yes or no?

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
for those who wear visors, do you wear a mouthguard?
I tried wearing one, but I'm having a hard time keeping it in my mouth. I know teeth are important and all, but it feels so weird having it in my mouth. :dunno:

anybody have tips or tricks to make it feel more comfortable?

Last edited:

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Sounds dumb, but make sure it fits right. I boiled and fiddled around with mine for a while before I was satisfied with the fit. It was so good I could open my mouth wide and it would stay on my upper teeth. It was just one of the cheap ones that I cut the strap off of.

BCCHL inactive

Make it work. It's not just your teeth they protect, but concussions as well (absorbs shock from hits to your upper-chest/chin area).

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
Make it work. It's not just your teeth they protect, but concussions as well (absorbs shock from hits to your upper-chest/chin area).

Van's right, the biggest thing the mouthguard does is protect from concussions. They actually don't do as much when it comes to protecting your teeth.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
I wear one because of concussions. I haven't seen a mouthgard that is going to protect your teeth from a hard shot or a stick to the mouth.

Puckboy

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Have one made by your dentist. Will fit like a glove. This is what I am told as I am one of the people who does not wear one. I also am at the detist every two weeks as they try to save the teeth that were knocked loose.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I wear one (and a full cage). I spit mine out after every shift and have it sit in my cage until I put it back in.

I have to wear one because if I have one more concussion I probably won't be able to play anymore. :shakehead

Blindsided

Jul 2, 2006
at the rink
We have to wear a full cage and a mouthguard. If youre not using one, you cant play in the game and youll also get called for a penelty if a ref catches you.

Trot

Dec 4, 2002
Seattle, Wa
Visit site
Used to wear a visor and mouthguard. But last spring was tripped in front of the net and took a slap shot to the cheek. Luckily, of all things didn't lose any teeth. Took 10 stitches outside and 4 inside to close the wound. Put a full face cage on and played in the playoffs next night. Don't wear a mouthguard with the full cage it's a "no checking" league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->