Most underrated prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beakermania*

Corey Locke, I have heard the size/speed knocks on him, but all the guy does in the OHL is score points like crazy.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I've been saying Polushin since like 3 years ago. I remain with my pick untill he's getting some more credit around here.

For the Stars, I'd say Jokinen. Though that may change with most of you picking him over Antti Miettinen. Maybe Dan Ellis, ECHL playoff MVP..

thestonedkoala

Rickard Wallin, Patrick O'Sullivan, Josh Harding, Georgi Misharin, Jean-Michel Bolduc, Matt Foy...Any of these guys get really talked about? Especially O'Sullivan and Harding as potential franchise players?

Prucha73

markov` said:
Who is the most underated prospects? Not in 2004 draft but the one that are already drafted by NHL teams.

To me, it's Maxime Talbot. There's no way this guy won't make the NHL.

underrated by whom?

leafaholix*

Beakermania said:
Corey Locke, I have heard the size/speed knocks on him, but all the guy does in the OHL is score points like crazy.
And the chances of him being an AHL regular in 5 years is as good as him being an NHL regular.

There's a reason for that.

leafaholix*

thestonedkoala said:
Especially O'Sullivan and Harding as potential franchise players?
Don't overrate them now!

O'Sullivan may be a good scorer in the NHL, but I doubt he'll ever be a "franchise" player.

As for Harding... he'll be a very good goalie, but I'm not sure he's got "franchise" potential. "Star potential", possibly... but "franchise potential", I doubt it.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
thestonedkoala said:
Rickard Wallin, Patrick O'Sullivan, Josh Harding, Georgi Misharin, Jean-Michel Bolduc, Matt Foy...Any of these guys get really talked about? Especially O'Sullivan and Harding as potential franchise players?
Does anyone take this guy seriously any more?

guitaraholic*

Alexei Shkotov, Blues prospect. No Blues prospects get any love. Or Kostya Barulin? I hear some good things about David Backes as well. And while you guys are talking Kastsitsyn then you should mention Zakharov also, who has equaled his linemate at every stage of play in their mutual careers.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Jacobv2 said:
Does anyone take this guy seriously any more?

While it could be argued it were somewhat biased picks, he does has a point. The Wild prospects seem to be quite underrated at HF over the years, as do the ones from St.Louis, Dallas and Phoenix. I do disagree on his Harding and O'Sullivan picks though. Hardly franchise players..

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
markov` said:
Who is the most underated prospects? Not in 2004 draft but the one that are already drafted by NHL teams.

To me, it's Maxime Talbot. There's no way this guy won't make the NHL.
i agree about talbot :)

Mr.Sinister

Feb 2, 2003
Visit site
Hands Down, Corey Locke, Look At The Skills And The Accolades That He Gets In Junior, And Practically Not A Peep When It Comes To Prospect Rankings.

This Guy Is Money, And Smart Of Montreal To Have A Wild Card Like This In Their Deck.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Ryan Whitney(pittsburgh penguins prospect) is vastly underrated. Draft #5 overall in 02' behind JB and Pitkanen as dmen. Currently starring in the AHL Playoffs(until he broke his thumb recently). Can skate as well as any big guy i have seen in while. Is offensive skill is as described when he was drafted. His defense was his knock coming out of BU, but I have seen nothing to warrant it any time I have seen him play. While not flawless, he has made a few of the rookie mistakes.... but not many. Yet, no one even mentions his name outside a few of us who have actually seen him.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Leafaholix said:
Don't overrate them now!

O'Sullivan may be a good scorer in the NHL, but I doubt he'll ever be a "franchise" player.

As for Harding... he'll be a very good goalie, but I'm not sure he's got "franchise" potential. "Star potential", possibly... but "franchise potential", I doubt it.

Any specific reason why O'Sullivan shouldn't be considered to have franchise potential? He's got good hands, skates well, has some feistiness, a fairly wicked shot, and pretty good vision. I'm not trying to argue that he should be considered a franchise player (my gut says no, at this point), but I'm curious about what aspects of him would rule out the possibility.

As for Harding, there were several who thought he should've started for team Canada over Fleury. He didn't have the same season he had last year, but he also went through some changes. Is there something specific about his game that keeps getting him rated quite low compared to many other prospects?

leafaholix*

ceber said:
Any specific reason why O'Sullivan shouldn't be considered to have franchise potential? He's got good hands, skates well, has some feistiness, a fairly wicked shot, and pretty good vision. I'm not trying to argue that he should be considered a franchise player (my gut says no, at this point), but I'm curious about what aspects of him would rule out the possibility.

As for Harding, there were several who thought he should've started for team Canada over Fleury. He didn't have the same season he had last year, but he also went through some changes. Is there something specific about his game that keeps getting him rated quite low compared to many other prospects?
Few prospects can be considered true "Franchise Potential" players.

It's used very loosely.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Leafaholix said:
Few prospects can be considered true "Franchise Potential" players.

It's used very loosely.

Oh. So, the reason O'Sullivan doesn't have that potential is because the term is used too loosely? Ok. I was worried it had something to do with his talent and ability. ;)

leafaholix*

ceber said:
Oh. So, the reason O'Sullivan doesn't have that potential is because the term is used too loosely? Ok. I was worried it had something to do with his talent and ability. ;)
He has star potential.

He's honestly nothing special to be considered a potential franchise player.

Same goes for about 95% of prospects.

thestonedkoala

I consider Kats the same as O'Sullivan IMO. I agree that there are just a few players that are franchise (Lehtonen, Kovalchuk, Nash) but since the term has been thrown around loosely to include some other players, I've decided to include them in there.

I think also Nashville's prospect Galazchev is an underrated prospect if he gets his game together. Along with Weber, Klein, and Egener. I like some of Tampa Bay's prospects too. Egener.

Ward also doesn't get talked a lot on here and he's the same or if not better than Harding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->