Status
Not open for further replies.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
What prospects out there are not getting enough credit?

Enough credit from Hockeys Future, Central Scouting or just the general media.
These do not have to be sleeper picks. If you have a beef with where Perry is ranked, for example. I for one think that Perry is going to be an amazing NHLer and isn't getting nearly enough credit for his maturaty and playing style/level. I agree with Don Cherry that Perry will be one of the best NHLers to come from our WJ team. Of course, I'm also a little biased being a knights season ticket holder. But he has the tools.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
for the habs there's Yann Danis. He has a very good technique. Also, he just started to play pro and it's a little bit hard. But he has the tools to be a good #1 goalie imo.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Couple of Finns- Jarkko Immonen(NYR) and Jussi Jokinen(DAL). Both late round picks in their respective draft years. Immonen currently leads the SM-Liiga in scoring(or is right near the top), and Jokinen sits around 10th and has lead 2 straight international tournaments filled with NHL players in scoring.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Picard ( Flyers ), Wellwood, John Mitchell, Cam Ward, Belle, dmitri vorobiev, YELLOWHORN, J.F Racine :yo:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Shea Weber
Noah Welch
Brett Skinner
Jim Howard
Andy Schneider
Patrick Ehlechner
Henrik Lundqvist
Matt Greene
Jim Slater

To name a few.

Edit..

Mike Egener
Bruno Gervais
Alexei Kaigorodov

to name a few more...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Tomas Plekanec
Alexander Suglobov
Konstantin Zakarhov (sp?)
Tuomas Pilhman
Kamil Kreps
Alexei Kaigarodov
Igor Mirnov
Ryan O'Byrne

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I agree with Matt Greene I think he is going to open a few eyes if he decides to go to the AHL next year. The Oilers really wanted him to sign but he is a loyal guy and didn't want to walk out on his college team this year.

But here's hoping for next year

I wouldn't even be surprised if he signed once the college season was over. He hits like a truck apparently

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Chaos said:
Couple of Finns- Jarkko Immonen(NYR) and Jussi Jokinen(DAL). Both late round picks in their respective draft years. Immonen currently leads the SM-Liiga in scoring(or is right near the top), and Jokinen sits around 10th and has lead 2 straight international tournaments filled with NHL players in scoring.
Don't want to rain on your parade but Jussi Jokinen is not underated. You stars fans rave on about him a lot. He may turn out very good but he is certaintly not underated.

mooseOAK*

John Flyers Fan said:
Mike Richards and Nigel Dawes.

Having TSN do a between periods feature on him and Maguire gushing about him should disqualify Richards from any under-rated list.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
J17ster said:
Don't want to rain on your parade but Jussi Jokinen is not underated. You stars fans rave on about him a lot. He may turn out very good but he is certaintly not underated.

Us Stars fans? You mean all 3 of us here? We are the ONLY ones who ever talk about him, while everyone else is all enamored with Mikko "Got drafted high because of my brother" Koivu, although things are slowly starting to change ;)

Last edited:

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
mooseOAK said:
Having TSN do a between periods feature on him and Maguire gushing about him should disqualify Richards from any under-rated list.

Not that I was able to watch the game last night, but I still think he's under-rated and equal to Zach Parise.

Last edited:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
s7ark said:
I wouldn't even be surprised if he signed once the college season was over. He hits like a truck apparently
If Matt Greene can learn two words, he can become something special.

Controlled aggression.

leafaholix*

John Flyers Fan said:
Not that I was able to watch the game last night, but I still think he's under-rated equal to Zach Parise.
That's because he's not as good as Parise, atleast not offensively.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
John Mitchell
Kyle Wellwood
Yanick Lehoux
Mike Richards
Stefan Ruzicka
Ryan Stone
Mihail Yunkov
Roman Voloshenko
Niklas Kronwall