Most uncommon thing ever happened in hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
what do you think guys? the most uncommon thing ever happened at a hockey game? Like that guy who jumped on the net at the yankees stadium last week (my example is a baseball one but it was the only one i found to explain myself :sarcasm: ) or the power failure at the old boston garden in playoffs after many overtime

Last edited:

JonathanK

McOptimistic
Aug 1, 2005
Edmonton, AB
The streaker at the Flames game.
When Iginla got a piece of board advertising stuck on his head. (see Don Cherry #14, I believe)
When Craig MacTavish pulled off Harvey the Hound's tongue.
When Calgary made it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Wow. Somehow all of this stuff happened in or had to do with Calgary.

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
That guy in Calgary that fell on the ice wearing only socks and kind of passed out lying there. What a moment.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Masao said:
Someone threw a chicken on the ice in Los Angeles once. :dunno:
Sometimes in Germany this happens a couple of times in a game. Always a fun to watch.

GnomE

Mar 17, 2005
Trottier said:
Rangers winning the Cup in '94?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. ;) )

In ten years, it's going to be "Rangers making the playoffs in 2014" ;)

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
kmad said:
Gino Odjick beating Mike Richter on a penalty shot.

Some of my favorites

Hands of stone Darren McCarty pulling a perfect deke on the d-man and the goalie then scoring in the '97 Cup final.

Older than God(okay, 41 years old) Igor Larionov pulling similar manuever in 30T to win the game 3 in the SCF. Since the game was so long, it actually went into the next day, Igor initially broke the record for oldest player to score a goal in a Cup final on his first goal, which I believe was in the second period, then broke it again on his second goal, about 4 hours later...

Salming once had a slapshot lodge in his skate blade between the toe and heel posts.

The drunken fool in Philly who took a swing at Tie Domi.

The lights go out in the Boston Garden in game three of the Stanley Cup Finals in 88.

And just as an aside the two strangest trades ever:

In 1947 Springfield Indians GM Eddie Shore trades forward Jake Milford for two used goal nets.

In 1983 the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL traded Tom Martin to the Victoria Cougars for a used bus! The bus needed an overhaul, but Martin scored 75 points in 60 games for the Cougars and was eventually drafted by the Winnipeg Jets.

interminded

Aug 10, 2005
Netherlands
medmed said:
geeze...never heard of it! that's incredible losing all this blood and staying conscious

You're talking about Clint Malarchuk I reckon ?
Yes, quite a miracle he's still alive.

And still there are goaltenders who don't wear any proctetion for their necks... brrr...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Antero Niittymaki credited with the game winning goal in a game against Hershey, in OT

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
Malefic74 said:
Salming once had a slapshot lodge in his skate blade between the toe and heel posts.

The drunken fool in Philly who took a swing at Tie Domi.

The lights go out in the Boston Garden in game three of the Stanley Cup Finals in 88.

And just as an aside the two strangest trades ever:

In 1947 Springfield Indians GM Eddie Shore trades forward Jake Milford for two used goal nets.

In 1983 the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL traded Tom Martin to the Victoria Cougars for a used bus! The bus needed an overhaul, but Martin scored 75 points in 60 games for the Cougars and was eventually drafted by the Winnipeg Jets.

In '83, they were the Breakers. The TBirds didn't come to be until the '85-'86 season.

Wetcoaster

God Bless Canada said:
Actually, it was Mike Vernon that Gino beat, in a game between Vancouver and Calgary in October of 1991.

I'll go with Rob Ray throttling that fan in a game in 1992.
Dec 23, 1979 - "Mad Mike" Milbury going into the stands in Madison Square Gardens after a game and grabbing a guy's shoe and beating him with it. Take that Ron Artest.

"Well, it is the silver anniversary, so I suppose it's fitting for this to come up again now," Milbury told the Daily News by telephone yesterday. "It's unbelievable that after more than 30 years in the game, pummeling a guy with his loafer will be my legacy. But I guess it's better than having no legacy at all."
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/254919p-218308c.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->