Visit site
...are:
Paul Stastny
T.J. Hensick
Keith Yandle
Jon Sigalet
Steve Birnstill
Jeff Caron
Scott McCulloch (don't know anything about this guy)
Dan Taylor (Guelph GK- still has a lot of time to opt in)
Joe Barnes
Mikhail Yunkov
Denis Parshin
Lukas Vomela
David Krejci
Sergei Karetin

There are about 5 or 6 potential 2nd rounders among these.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Disco Volante said:
Steblick, it doesn't seem that we can send you PM... well anyway, I wanted to know if you had any infos on Jasmin-Riel. He doesn't appear to be in the CSB rankings... Is he available or not at all? Thanks.

Why wouldn't he be eligible? Only players enetering their first possible draft year have to opt in.

TeeBall

May 7, 2004
steblick said:
...are:
Paul Stastny
T.J. Hensick
Keith Yandle
Jon Sigalet
Steve Birnstill
Jeff Caron
Joe Barnes
Mikhail Yunkov
Denis Parshin
Lukas Vomela
David Krejci
Sergei Karetin

Scott McCulloch plays for the Grande Prairie Storm and is currently in the RBC championships in GP. His move from the 70's to #40 in NA will likely mean that he opts in before the deadline which will be a week Sunday for him. He is a 2nd round pick of the Regina Pats who has opted for Colorado College next year...good player.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
I know for a fact Joe Barnes is definitely out.

If he opted in, he'd probably be a 3rd, maybe 4th round selection. It's a shame, but thats the way things go some years. This season he was still recovering from a horrific neck injury suffered last year and played on one of the worst teams in CHL history. I think next year if he has a strong year and he's either traded or Saskatoon improves, he could definitely be a mid to late 1st round pick.

I would easily take him over 40-50 guys ranked ahead of him on the CSB list.

Disco Volante

Mar 11, 2002
2nd to FloydianSlip
Visit site
steblick said:
Why wouldn't he be eligible? Only players enetering their first possible draft year have to opt in.

Ok so that's one thing, thanks (I thought the fact he wasn't playing hockey anymore could have made him unavailable for the draft, for whatever reason). Now, do you think a team will (or may) take a chance on him?

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
Dannick Jasmin-Riel have quitted his team in January and have not play hockey since.
He seems like he's retired from competition hockey

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
steblick said:
...are:
Paul Stastny
T.J. Hensick
Keith Yandle
Jon Sigalet
Steve Birnstill
Jeff Caron
Joe Barnes
Mikhail Yunkov
Denis Parshin
Lukas Vomela
David Krejci
Sergei Karetin

There are about 5 or 6 potential 2nd rounders among these.

Yandle's opt out makes sense. He is only a junior in HS and is eligible this year by a matter of days...he was the youngest player on the whole NA rankings, so he can go back to Cushing as a senior and (hopefully) have an even better year, maybe get stronger etc., and not lose any ground because he will still be young enough to pretty much be in next years draft as normal. It also might scare off some teams knowing that he is at least 5 years off from the pros if he stays in school, so the extra year will make him that much closer to joining whatever team has their eye on him, hopefully making him less of a long-term project, and the normal incoming college draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->