Most NHL ready 2006 Draft Prospect?

Bruinaholic

Apr 22, 2002
Central CT
I wouldnt be surprised if theres a thread on this, but i havent seen it.
So...what player(s) are most ready for the NHL now(i know it depends alot on what team a given player goes to but throw that out the window for this threads sake)

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Backstrom is the only one I can see playing next year. But a lot can change in four months.

TerrieRizer*

Trust me, Kessel will be playing on the Bruins next year.

Leeroy Jenkins

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
What about Kulemin considering the fact that he's played in the Russian elite league and is 2 years older then his draft class.

KH1

A lot of people say Backstrom, and while he may be NHL ready don't expect him in the NHL next season--after he was picked when he was being interviewed with Ovechkin he was asked "will you be on a line with Ovechkin next season" and he responded "maybe in 2 or 3."

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Tjardus Greidanus said:
Maybe, but he's not the most NHL ready.

Backstrom gets my vote.
You're both right. Backstom and Kessel have both proven that they can play at an elite level and will be in the NHL next year. But There is no doubt in my mind that Eric Johnston will be playing for the Blues next season and playing a significant role. I wouldn't bet against a Stall brother either. Those boys are sic!

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
It's funny, actually, I have long felt Kessel needs more time to get stronger, etc, but I was given every indication from one of their scouts who was watching over him in the backstage area that he's going to be a Bruin sooner than later.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Backstrom by a country mile.

However, Kessel might be rushed into the NHL and he might play, I just don't think he will be that effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->