Most likely to get Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Alexander the Great said:
Im hoping the leafs steal someone's low first rounder and that team end's up winning the lottery. :thumbu:

More likely that some firesale team steals the leafs low first rounder and ends up winning the lottery ;)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
well no the caps don't exactly = the rangers but they ended up being similar in the end. lots of money, big dissapointments. i just can't fathom how a team that had the leading defensive scorer in the NHL and the leading scorer in the NHL for most of the season was so BAD. and still had talent like jagr and bondra.

at least when the rangers suck, they just suck and NO one is good.

this probably doesn't make sense to other people...just seems to me that the caps ended up getting rewarded for having one of the top payrolls and flat out sucking. first they trade off a bunch of players, including those top point getters that got good returns, and then won the lottery...dunno, it just bothers me for some reason, what can i say

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
umm.. who knows.. he could land anywhere.

If there is a team who is willing to follow in the Rimouski Océanic's footsteps and tank a whole season ON PURPOSE to get him, then i hope they lose the lottery.

btw, the Q just implemented that lottery rule this year because of what rimouski did.

King Fish

Jan 29, 2003
Where's ma pizza?
Visit site
Flyers will trade Jeff Carter, Joni Pitkanen, Stephan Ruzicka and their 1st rounder tp land him! Then he will have a few head injuries, his dad will complain to Clarke about his linemates then he will land in NY.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
King Fish said:
Flyers will trade Jeff Carter, Joni Pitkanen, Stephan Ruzicka and their 1st rounder tp land him! Then he will have a few head injuries, his dad will complain to Clarke about his linemates then he will land in NY.

Wouldn't be enough. I don't think. Maybe getting warm, but not sure a team would bite.

Especially not a team like the Rangers, Washington, or Chicago. Who all three have a good number of prospects, just could use another premier player.

Prucha73

If Rangers get Crosby, then justice will be served for all the misery the Ranger fans had to endure, missing playoffs 8 years in a row.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Prucha73 said:
If Rangers get Crosby, then justice will be served for all the misery the Ranger fans had to endure, missing playoffs 8 years in a row.

Not really, its the managements fault they screwed up. Nobody owes them anything.

Unknownbutfamous

Apr 11, 2004
Prucha73 said:

Well well well.. I thought you were done with HF Boards. Did you get booted out of PThis?

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
CrosbyIsGod said:
too bad for him but hge will play in a place like NY, Wash, Carolina, Chicago

NY may be an awful team but its a great place to play....

MSG, being in a huge city.....

most hockeys players love playing in MSG.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
CaptainBure said:
Who do you think,if there is a season, will land crosby with the first pick? I'm thinking either the Rangers or the Caps.

I believe the Caps will have the greatest chance. With 5 experienced players and the rest young prospects, 2004=2005 will be long and arduous.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
it's not the rangers management or the team that is owed anything, it's the FANS

the fans are owed a good team on the ice, smart drafting, good players...we've sat here and watched 7 years of garbage and been loyal to the team cuz it's our favorite team, we deserve better than what we've got.

not like it'd be easy to collect on that though

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Atleast you guys won the Cup a decade ago. You cant even compare that to the 42+ years Hawk fans have been waiting while management just keeps getting worse. If the Rags knew how to spend their riches, they could have been the best team in the league.

Of all the teams, I really hope the Caps, Pens, or Canes DONT get him! Im sick of them sucking every year and getting top picks and still doing nothing! They could care less about winning and their market doesnt even have to potential to be big. I know I sound like a hypocrit, but atleast teams like the Hawks and BJs have a lot of young talent and will likely make improvements next year. If the Hawks had a guy like Crosby, their market could allow them to have the fan base the Wings had in the late 90s.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
theBob said:
Atleast you guys won the Cup a decade ago. You cant even compare that to the 42+ years Hawk fans have been waiting while management just keeps getting worse. If the Rags knew how to spend their riches, they could have been the best team in the league.

Of all the teams, I really hope the Caps, Pens, or Canes DONT get him! Im sick of them sucking every year and getting top picks and still doing nothing! They could care less about winning and their market doesnt even have to potential to be big. I know I sound like a hypocrit, but atleast teams like the Hawks and BJs have a lot of young talent and will likely make improvements next year. If the Hawks had a guy like Crosby, their market could allow them to have the fan base the Wings had in the late 90s.

The Caps sucking every year? They made the playoffs for something like 11 years straight before their Cup run, and have missed it 2-3 times since. When was Washington's last top 5 pick?

Ovechkin should be happy to play for Leonsis, who wants to win, but is learning how.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
You have no idea how tightly my fingers are crossed. That being said, I think Pittsburgh will get it this year

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
" You cant even compare that to the 42+ years Hawk fans have been waiting while management just keeps getting worse."

Before 1994 the last time we won a cup was 1940. We waited 54 long years.

Prucha73

Unknownbutfamous said:
Well well well.. I thought you were done with HF Boards. Did you get booted out of PThis?

no, I just don't post on the Rangers board here.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
best chances:
Carolina (major rebuild going on, career backup or a rookie streight out of the WHL as a starter, defense in transition, very little proven firepower up front)
Washington (aging Kolzig or unproven prospects in net, very young team overall)
Chicago (another team without much of anything, but not in quite as bad a situation as the other two)
Rangers (how this team could have done so badly over the last few years while spending so much money is beyond me, now that they're in re-build mode them landing Crosby wouldn't suprise me too much although it would tick me off imensely)
Phoenix (talented but still missing too much to be a real solid team IMO, though some signings this off-season might change that)
Pittsburgh: (despite a couple signings I think this team is STILL in the hunt for #1 pick with all their unproven though highly talented players)
Columbus: (how far away this team is from going from early picker to cup contender is still a question, I think they are still a year or two away from being solid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad