OT: Most Disliked Coach?

Kyle Doobas*

I don't know if I really 'dislike' him, but I thought Lindy Ruff's 'no goal' comment was so irredeemably bitter and disrespectful to the Dallas Stars.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Never payed overly much attention to Therrien. Exactly what kind of coach is he? loudmouth and disrespectful or...?

I've always seen him as someone who thinks they're better than everyone else; players and media included. I guess I believe that a team's troubles should be solved in the lockerroom but Therrien isn't afraid to go to the media and publicly call out players. He was also quite cocky the first time around in Montreal which just rubs me the wrong way. It's not like Carlyle saying he expects more from X player but just being negative.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I've always seen him as someone who thinks they're better than everyone else; players and media included. I guess I believe that a team's troubles should be solved in the lockerroom but Therrien isn't afraid to go to the media and publicly call out players. He was also quite cocky the first time around in Montreal which just rubs me the wrong way. It's not like Carlyle saying he expects more from X player but just being negative.

He seems like he is only going to last 2 seasons with the habs till they find someone better. I know of his speech when he was with the pens, definitly the type of coach who blames others before ever considering that he may be in the wrong.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Meh, don't really dislike coaches leaguewide, but I wasn't exactly a fan of Bryan Murray when he was coaching the Sens. Used to hate Jacques Martin but later on I just felt sorry for the guy if anything.

As far as Leafs coaches go, definitely in my tenure as a Leafs fan, the coach I've despised the most has been Ronnie boy. Wanted him fired a long time ago, the fact that he never paid attention to defense or instituted a physical game bugged the **** out of me. Also his inability to ever call a time-out at the right times was annoying as ****, and his lack of communication was the worst of all.

I'm young so the only coaches I've really endured have been Quinn, Maurice, Wilson and Carlyle.

I loved Pat Quinn, awesome guy, and was pretty happy when Maurice first got hired though that went sour pretty quickly.

I really like Carlyle though and am happy he got hired. I was advocating for his hiring as soon as Anaheim let him go. Great coach who knows how to win and actually cares about defense. He communicates with his players properly, addresses the media well and he's doing a great job with the kids so far. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Now if he can just get over his Kostka fetish we're good to go ;)

Penalty Kill Icing*

Meh, don't really dislike coaches leaguewide, but I wasn't exactly a fan of Bryan Murray when he was coaching the Sens. Used to hate Jacques Martin but later on I just felt sorry for the guy if anything.

As far as Leafs coaches go, definitely in my tenure as a Leafs fan, the coach I've despised the most has been Ronnie boy. Wanted him fired a long time ago, the fact that he never paid attention to defense or instituted a physical game bugged the **** out of me. Also his inability to ever call a time-out at the right times was annoying as ****, and his lack of communication was the worst of all.

I'm young so the only coaches I've really endured have been Quinn, Maurice, Wilson and Carlyle.

I loved Pat Quinn, awesome guy, and was pretty happy when Maurice first got hired though that went sour pretty quickly.

I really like Carlyle though and am happy he got hired. I was advocating for his hiring as soon as Anaheim let him go. Great coach who knows how to win and actually cares about defense. He communicates with his players properly, addresses the media well and he's doing a great job with the kids so far. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Now if he can just get over his Kostka fetish we're good to go ;)

100% agree with you on the bolded part there.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Ruff. The mans a crybaby. Wilson for the Leafs, he was not only a terrible coach, but a terrible man off the ice. Throwing players under the bus, unproved. He was an embarrassment.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region

So....So soff.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
I don't like Ruff or Boudreau. I couldn't stand Wilson on the Leafs.

If Wilson gets another coaching job around the league, change my answer to that.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I don't like Ruff or Boudreau. I couldn't stand Wilson on the Leafs.

If Wilson gets another coaching job around the league, change my answer to that.

I think he will at some point. NHL coaching positions really do seem to have the 'old boy's club' mentality.

TYLENOL

Dec 29, 2012
Haha, 6 games in and therrien is already the most hated coach, uhhh the habs are 4-2 !!! And he seems more calm and a smarter coach compared to his first stint as a hab.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Haha, 6 games in and therrien is already the most hated coach, uhhh the habs are 4-2 !!! And he seems more calm and a smarter coach compared to his first stint as a hab.

The Habs have only played mediocre teams. The one decent team they played (Ottawa) gave them a spanking, and Spezza wasn't even in the line-up. I won't include the loss against the Leafs because that was a sloppy game for both teams and the players looked super rusty.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
The Habs have only played mediocre teams. The one decent team they played (Ottawa) gave them a spanking, and Spezza wasn't even in the line-up. I won't include the loss against the Leafs because that was a sloppy game for both teams and the players looked super rusty.

Plus they've played at home so much early on this season, and they always play well at the Bell Centre

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Plus they've plafyed at home so much early on this season, and they always play well at the Bell Centre

Pat Burns was my kind of Coach......Carlyle has most of the same qualities as a coach, so I'm happy.

Ronny boy was in my opinion the worst coach we had since I have been watching.

As for League wide.....Therrien puts himself before his team always.

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
I also really dislike Bruce Boudreau. I legit think he makes teams worse because his confidence meter and the fact that no athlete wants to be told how to play something by Mr Potato Head.

He reminds my of Phil Collins (the trailer park boys phil collins that is... philadelphia collins)

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Favourite leafs coach: Pat quinn
Least favourite leafs coach: Ron wilson

Also like what Carlyle has been doing so far. Has been a much better coach for the leafs than Wilson.

IBLEAF

In the sh-itter @ Scotia bank place
Nov 5, 2009
BARRY'S BAY
PAT mother ****in Burns best coach ever!!!

Worst:Ron Wilson, the guy was just a bum dart!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad