Most controversial or offensive storylines or incidents ever done in wrestling

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Triple H burial of Booker T, it was a racist angle and Triple H going over left a sour taste in people's mouths.

Big Bossman feeding Al Snow's dog to him

Big Bossman dragging Big Show's dead dad's casket

Remember Al Wilson?

Shawn Michael's SummerSlam match with Hogan for the simple fact it just exposed the business and showed how the old HBK still existed.

Mark Henry getting oral sex from a transexual
The Big Show/Bossman angle always seemed a little callous and insensitive to me, but god damn did Bossman dragging that casket make me bust out laughing.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The Big Show/Bossman angle always seemed a little callous and insensitive to me, but god damn did Bossman dragging that casket make me bust out laughing.

I can recite his poem for Big Show's father by memory, it always cracked me up. The idea of Big Boss Man, a fat prison guard gimmick, eventually becoming the most sadistic heel in wrestling cracks me up for some reason.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Still can’t believe Katie Vick was a thing.

I thought to myself the other day, why did I stop watching wrestling in the early 2000's anyway? And then I was like, oh yeah, HHH.

Perhaps one of the most overrated main eventers in wrestling history with his goddamn sleep inducing promos droning onnnnn and onnnnn.

This is pretty much me when HHH touts himself. I love CM Punk. :laugh:

tenor.gif

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
With this whole Moolah debacle, I wonder what some of you find the most offensive. Here's some potential candidates.

1. Sgt. Slaughter turncoat gimmick
  2. Vince making Trish strip down and bark
  3. Stone Cold and HHH beating up Lita
  4. Keeping the Over the Edge PPV going after Owen died
  5. Katie Vick storyline during a Kane and HHH feud
  6. The terrorism segment during the Undertaker and Muhammad Hassan feud
  7. Eddie Guerrero storyline during the Rey Mysterio World Title chase
  8. Paul Bearer storyline during the Punk and Taker feud
  9. Eugene
  10. Mass Transit incident
  11. Roddy Piper going half blackface during feud with Bad News Brown at WM3
  12. Reid Flair segment during the Paige and Charlotte feud
That's all I've got at the top of my head...

Vince wrestling God

Pillman's got a gun

Raven being crucified

Perhaps one of the most overrated main eventers in wrestling history with his goddamn sleep inducing promos droning onnnnn and onnnnn.

Yup. Cant remember who said it (may have been Cornette), but HHH was never the guy...he was the guy who worked with THE guy

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilky01

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I thought to myself the other day, why did I stop watching wrestling in the early 2000's anyway? And then I was like, oh yeah, HHH.

Yeah, I was a died in the wool fan from about 1996 through till 2001.

WWE didn't know where to stop themselves, and the product became embarrassing to watch. I think for me it was mostly the weird sex shit they started doing with Vince and Trish and his wife and shit. That stuff was so uncomfortable to watch.

I had long since checked out when that HHH/Booker T thing happened. It sounds disgusting though.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Has anyone mentioned Triple H marrying a drugged/unconscious Stephanie?

amj h

Apr 11, 2018
I just did some reading on Japanese education. That is absolutely awful. They almost totally ignore their own atrocities. It makes me sick. America has awful public education yet every American knows about the slaughter of Natives by our government in the 19th century as well as the internment of Japanese civilians during WW2.

Nazi symbols being socially acceptable is bad taste. Editing history to ignore your nation and its allies' past wrongdoings? Irresponsible and dangerous. Shame on their government for mis-informing the public.
Before the Nazis the Nazi symbol meant peace in Buddhism. Most Japanese are Buddhists.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I know metaphorically speaking there's a lot of horrible **** that's been said on WWE TV

But phyisically or acting out i don't think it gets any worse than pretending to rape a corpse so uhh... yeah ima go with that.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Rape seemed to be a common theme in the WWE from 2002-2004 for whatever reason.

Katie Vick (sorta), Sharmel/Angle, Heidenreich/Michael Cole, Kane/Lita.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I take the horrible state of modern WWE TV to be penance for all the really horrible shit they did during that period.

I don't know how anybody watched and stayed a fan through that period.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Before the Nazis the Nazi symbol meant peace in Buddhism. Most Japanese are Buddhists.

I realize the swastika existed before the nazis but that poster is clearly referencing nazis.

Just the swastika? Could be Buddhists. Swastika+red & black+eagle's wings+SS symbol= nazi references.

Edit: also, the nazis rotated the original design of the swastika. The swastika seen on the poster I was referncing is tilted the way the nazis had it (you can see the poster on page 1 itt).

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
lol when was this?

Two Halloweens ago. I dressed up as Jericho and my friend dressed up as KO and they showed my Instagram photo along with some others. Graves called out my friend for using duct tape on his shirt instead of buying the real one. It was wild. :laugh:

I'll never forget the GDT that night. "... was that Bon?"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad