More Memorable Brawl

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Philly. That was ****ing epic. We had TWO (2!!!) players left on our bench at the end of that game. It was brawl after brawl after brawl.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
The Philly one had a mini brawl that began right after each face-off leaving less than a handful of players on each bench.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
The Philly one was epic but I think we were more successful in the Buffalo brawl.

With Philly it was Neil, Chara and Fisher who pretty much won their fights while the rest of the team seemed to get their butts kicked.

Needless to say the Philly brawl was setting a statement while the Buffalo one was just holding our own.

Berserker*

Close. No goalie fights though :sarcasm:

We did lose carkner, konopka, and foligno, and replaced it with...methot. We may need to prove we're tough again with a line brawl :naughty:

Dziurzynski and Grant, and 1 or 2 of Borowiecki, Gryba and Sdao could all be on the team next year. Add them to the current group of Neil, Smith, Greening, Cowen and Methot, and we won't be getting pushed around.

Actually that group will likely lead to a few brawls next season.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
I believe the brawl in Buffalo played a part in how easily the Sens beat them - the reg. season conference champions - in the conference final, so I cast my vote for that. Plus, it was awesome to see the coaches yelling at each other with Rob Ray standing in between them looking awkward :laugh:

John Holmes*

I remember reading that Patrick Sharp said something like "My coach told me to fight you" before him and Spezza tried to brawl.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
I believe the brawl in Buffalo played a part in how easily the Sens beat them - the reg. season conference champions - in the conference final, so I cast my vote for that. Plus, it was awesome to see the coaches yelling at each other with Rob Ray standing in between them looking awkward :laugh:

This. Murray vs. Ruff brought it to a whole other level. :laugh:

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
The LA scrap in 2001 gets lost among the younger posters. It was pretty good. Andre Roy going at it with Potvin, Mair jumping off the bench, then the Hurme comes down and gets into it with Potvin leading to the one of the funniest incidents I've ever seen. Watch when he can't get his trapper off and is screaming at the bench to help him.

Jp20

Oct 13, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Dec 20, 2001 VS LA

^^^This LA one is often forgotten or overlooked. It's a pretty good one too.

Jan 17, 2002 VS BOS

^^^This one is forgotten a lot as well...but it is clearly the lesser of the 4.

Mar 5, 2004 VS PHI part 1

Mar 5, 2004 VS PHI part 2

Mar 5, 2004 VS PHI part 3

Feb 22, 2007 VS BUF

2 line brawls in 2001-2002.
Another one 2 seasons later in 03-04.
Another one 2 season later in 06-07.

No brawls in half a decade now. What gives?

In the past we've said "we need a line brawl to get this team together" and has worked in the past. Do we need another one of these? It's been a while, what gives?

i think i cried alittle bit :') i think we need to see more of these at least once a year...... its just.... just..... so beautiful :')

i miss all those guys especially carks and chara

DG

Sep 19, 2006
Toronto
"Philly AINEC" - me before seeing the title of the thread and other poll option(s).

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Buffalo. Plus we played them several days later with half as many penalties AND our ECF series. Huge plot-line that year.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What's interesting about the Buffalo brawl is that it was the same night as an exceedingly rare HFBoards get-together at MacLaren's.

Turned out to be a good night to watch hockey.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Philly was a better fight I think, but Buffalo sticks out in my mind, and how awesome it was.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I honestly have to question if those voting Buffalo were too young to remember the Philly brawl well.

You wont find anyone that hates Buffalo more than me. Any time our biggest rivals come up I am about the only person that has Buffalo far and away at #1, but that was a pretty typical brawl.

The Philly brawl was something else. There hasnt been anything like it since, and it set a freaking NHL record for PIMs. Its been years, but it must have taken about an hour to get the clock to go down 2 minutes.

This isnt close. I dont think the Buffalo brawl is even in 2nd. That would go to LA IMO.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Philly, ... was not 'a' brawl, It was line after line of brawls. Almost the entire bench was in the box or gone. It was arguably one of the most entertaining scraps between two teams in a generation. We lost the game, but it also ended an era of 'soft' senators.

When hockey does start, i am going to miss Carkner.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Buffalo brawl is probably only winning because most of the people here probably didn't watch hockey when the Philly brawl happened.

One should be more memorable, the other one is more memorable.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Buffalo brawl is probably only winning because most of the people here probably didn't watch hockey when the Philly brawl happened.

One should be more memorable, the other one is more memorable.

I think this may be accurate. The Buffalo brawl was more recent, so it's more fresh in our memories, and for some, there's no memory at all of the Philly brawl outside Youtube.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad