More Memorable Brawl

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Buffalo, Emery was amazing, hopefully we can see Lehner do that at some point.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd watch either, any day. But I'll never forget Ray dropping 'em with Brashear, or Spezza and Eager right off the face-off. Or Vanner and Radevojevic (sp?) which was hilarious in its own right. RE: Buffalo/Ottawa, I only remember Emery/Peters and Emery/Biron.

Philly by a nose.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'd watch either, any day. But I'll never forget Ray dropping 'em with Brashear, or Spezza and Eager right off the face-off. Or Vanner and Radevojevic (sp?) which was hilarious in its own right. RE: Buffalo/Ottawa, I only remember Emery/Peters and Emery/Biron.

Philly by a nose.

Spezza and Sharp? :sarcasm:

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Based on the entertainment factor alone, Im going to have to go with the LA brawl. I'll never forget Jani Hurme sticking his glove into Ottawas bench to have it ripped off and then without missing a beat, he fed Potvin with lefts like it was his job:laugh:

John Holmes*

Philly by a landslide.

Maybe you guys are too young to remember it, but it was more than just a brawl, it was Ottawa giving notice that they no longer would be pushed around.

It was a huge moment in the team's history.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Having watched both live the Philly one is for some reason is the most memorable for me. You just didn't know if it was going to stop. As another poster said LA should get honorable mention as well. Even though they rarely play the two teams for some reason have pretty good hate on for each other.

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
I missed the Emery fight for a hockey practice where only 4 other skaters bothered to show up. I'll never forgive myself.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Dec 20, 2001 VS LA

^^^This LA one is often forgotten or overlooked. It's a pretty good one too.

Jan 17, 2002 VS BOS

^^^This one is forgotten a lot as well...but it is clearly the lesser of the 4.

Mar 5, 2004 VS PHI part 1

Mar 5, 2004 VS PHI part 2

Mar 5, 2004 VS PHI part 3

Feb 22, 2007 VS BUF

2 line brawls in 2001-2002.
Another one 2 seasons later in 03-04.
Another one 2 season later in 06-07.

No brawls in half a decade now. What gives?

In the past we've said "we need a line brawl to get this team together" and has worked in the past. Do we need another one of these? It's been a while, what gives?

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
The Philly one.

I liked them both, but I remember watching the game with my dad (I was 10 years old) and being so pumped about the fights. I remember wanting to punch anything around me and drop the gloves myself.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Uh...

Yeah. I'd say teams know we don't get pushed around.

Close. No goalie fights though :sarcasm:

We did lose carkner, konopka, and foligno, and replaced it with...methot. We may need to prove we're tough again with a line brawl :naughty:

John Holmes*

Havlat who caused the whole thing. Jacques was smart to hide him in the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad