More likely: Laine 50 Goals or Wheeler 70 Assists?

What’s more likely to happen

• Total voters

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Neither, don't like the remaining Jets schedule.

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 10.59.48 PM.png

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Assists are generally easier so going with Wheeler. I think they both fall just short though, Laine with 48 and Wheeler with 69.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Laine. He's been on fire lately.

My money's still with Ovechkin winning Rocket though. He just seems to find a way.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I think Wheeler getting 70 is definitely more likely, especially since Scheifele is back. Laine definitely could hit 50 as well, although I wouldn't bet on it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Lol, scoring 50 in TO would just be nuts.

Unfortunately if this did happen there be 10 new threads on the whole Matthews/Laine BS pissing contest.

BTW when is Matthews due back? Hopefully he will be 100% healthy for the PO's.
Babcock said he expects him for the game against Tampa. He's got a few practices now and is taking contact. The downside is that Matthews says he expects it to be a lingering issue for the rest of the year.

But yeah I think it would be a real Laine thing to do to score a bunch of goals and hit 50 in Toronto

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Babcock said he expects him for the game against Tampa. He's got a few practices now and is taking contact. The downside is that Matthews says he expects it to be a lingering issue for the rest of the year.

But yeah I think it would be a real Laine thing to do to score a bunch of goals and hit 50 in Toronto

That really sucks. If I remember the hit it was his shoulder right? Opps, sorry upper body. make you wonder if he need surgery once the Leafs are done this year. Well here hoping he does not make it worst before the PO's or during the PO's.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Wheeler is on pace for 69.47, whereas Laine is on pace for 48.97. Considering that goal-scoring is way more streaky as well, and Laine has been on his streak for quite a while now, I'll go with Wheeler.

That being said, we'll probably see a scenario where Winnipeg will be more or less locked into that #2 spot, and the season will become more about accolades. There will definitely be a more conscious effort to get Laine to 50 than there will be to get Wheeler to 70.

I'll still say Wheeler though.

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
In what fantasy land is Toronto a bottom feeder?

This current reality where Tor’s D can look rancid at times and if Andersen isn’t playing all-world then that’s all Patrik needs. Offensively Tor is decent but that doesn’t really factor into how they’re going to stop him other than limiting his time in the o-zone.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Why? All of their road games are against bottom feeders like CHI, OTT,MTL, TOR. Laine is good at scoring at home and has 6 home games left.

6th in the NHL is a bottom feeder?

Guess people just can't let their blind hatred go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad