More Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Lots of second guessing to come, no doubt.

I am still looking for a reason why Fehr gets cut while Ladd makes the team? it can't only be chemistry with Getzlaf, can it ?

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Marc the Habs Fan said:
Lots of second guessing to come, no doubt.

I am still looking for a reason why Fehr gets cut while Ladd makes the team? it can't only be chemistry with Getzlaf, can it ?

Agreed.

I would have taken Fehr, Bolland, Stone & Boyd over Ladd.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I cannot comprehend how Ladd and Fraser make this team over Fehr,Stone and Bolland. Sutter came and promised Fraser he would make this team and he has fulfilled that promise. Wow is all I can say.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Teemu08 said:
wow, both Fehr and Bolland?

Bolland should have been there, but Fraser was probably a lock going in (whether that's right or not is debateable) and that cost Bolland a spot.

As for Ladd, I've never heard people say he plays a checking line/defensive style, so why would they pick him over Fehr?

If Perry is the 13th forward (as Bob suggests in another thread) and doesn't end up with a defined role on the team, than that's another head scratcher to me.

I wonder if that embarrassing display of Carter owning Green on Monday, had anything to do with Green's dismissal. I'm excited to see what Quincey will show in this tourny. (even though his spot looks very tentative at this point)

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Boomhower said:
If Perry is the 13th forward (as Bob suggests in another thread) and doesn't end up with a defined role on the team, than that's another head scratcher to me.

I forget who mentioned it on TV, but one idea is that Perry would be a player to provide offence if one of the top line guys got hurt.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Well the way this team is made i think that Sutter wants to stick it to the other countries. I think he kept Ladd to form this line: Ladd-Cater Getzlaf Biggest line in the tournament that will pound people.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
What's with the hate on for Ladd? He's had a bit of a rough time this season but he's still a very versatile player. He's a better playmaker than a guy like Fehr. He's also a natural winger. Not sure how well Bolland plays that position and it looks like we're set at centre.

bigguns

Dec 7, 2004
markov` said:
HA HA HA HA HA. I just can't believe what I'm seeing.

Fraser and LADD! over Fehr.

:lol::lol::lol:

That just proves my point.

What point was that? Last time I checked Fehr is from the WHL, so I'm not following the connection to the conspiracy theory against the east. From what I've seen Ladd is more of a play maker and a roleplayer than Fehr.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
bigguns said:
What point was that? Last time I checked Fehr is from the WHL, so I'm not following the connection to the conspiracy theory against the east. From what I've seen Ladd is more of a play maker and a roleplayer than Fehr.

Sutter isn't putting the best team he could.

Okay, maybe he had to chose Fehr or Perry. But Fehr would make a better 13th forward than Ladd. I mean, if a top two lines player get an injury, Ladd will replace him? With his impressive total of 23 points in the WHL with a very good team AND Ryan Getzlaf?

AND CLARKE MACARTHUR! I mean that's a joke. Anyway, I'm just laughing too much right now. Hopes the team will do fine, but it could have been much much better IMO.

Bolland would be a better fit on the checking line than any of Ladd, Fraser, MacArthur.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
markov` said:
HA HA HA HA HA. I just can't believe what I'm seeing.

Fraser and LADD! over Fehr.

:lol::lol::lol:

That just proves my point.

And the point being that Message board posters do not know more then professionals .. that is the lesson to be learned here .. :teach:

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
markov` said:
Sutter isn't putting the best team he could.

Okay, maybe he had to chose Fehr or Perry. But Fehr would make a better 13th forward than Ladd. I mean, if a top two lines player get an injury, Ladd will replace him? With his impressive total of 23 points in the WHL with a very good team AND Ryan Getzlaf?

AND CLARKE MACARTHUR! I mean that's a joke. Anyway, I'm just laughing too much right now. Hopes the team will do fine, but it could have been much much better IMO.

Well Sutter isn't basing his decision strictly on stats as your appear to be doing. He's actually watched and coached against most of the players in question. You have a right to question him but thinking that your opinion is more valid than somebody who is clearly more qualified to speak about these players than you reeks a little bit of arrogance.

Sutter obviously feels this is the best team. You disagree. Sorry but I little to no stock into your opinions on the matter and I put a lot of weight into Sutter's opinion since it's clear he's a fantastic GM and coach at the junior level.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Flames Draft Watcher said:
What's with the hate on for Ladd? He's had a bit of a rough time this season but he's still a very versatile player. He's a better playmaker than a guy like Fehr. He's also a natural winger. Not sure how well Bolland plays that position and it looks like we're set at centre.

While He is a very versatile player, I think the hate on stems from the fact that he hasn't had a great season and that all the reports we were getting from people on this board, had him as one of the worst players at camp, if not the worst. And while it's tough to put a lot of stock on the reports we were getting here, it is all we had to go by. And that's made worse by the fact that guys like Bolland and Stone seemed to be playing pretty well, scoring, hitting and doing the same things that Ladd can, but performing better this season, combined with apparently performing better at the camp.

Ladd is really the only player on this team I have a serious problem with making it. I'm just not sure, I want a guy who's been completely snakebitten this season on this team in a scoring position. I'm expecting him to be the 13th forward after a few games, with Perry taking his position on the supposed line with Carter and Getzlaf.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
The Messenger said:
And the point being that Message board posters do not know more then professionals .. that is the lesson to be learned here .. :teach:
"pros" are people too, the year the Devils won the cup every other coach the next year was playing the trap, some are lambs and aren't smart enough to create a system of their own and just follow someone else's. Smetimes it can be like cooking by following the cookbook to the letter without adding your own improvements, and that's something that some of the posters here are scared of happening if Sutter doesn't really know what he's doing.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Well Sutter isn't basing his decision strictly on stats as your appear to be doing. He's actually watched and coached against most of the players in question. You have a right to question him but thinking that your opinion is more valid than somebody who is clearly more qualified to speak about these players than you reeks a little bit of arrogance.

Sutter obviously feels this is the best team. You disagree. Sorry but I little to no stock into your opinions on the matter and I put a lot of weight into Sutter's opinion since it's clear he's a fantastic GM and coach at the junior level.

As usual. Sutter may be the best GM in the world, he's a human and can make mistakes. I just feel he is doing too many mistakes right now.

It was a joke to invite Ladd at the camp. Now he makes the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->