Morality, league integrity etc

stonedge

Jan 19, 2011
We've been running a keeper league for 8 years now and it has been a blast. I've done very well never finishing out of the top 3 and winning the last two, I attribute it to a few smart trades but mostly some great free agent pickups that have become studs and drafting. There are a couple of managers that usually do well and a few that always have their challenges. To keep the league on a more level playing field we are looking at changing from a snake draft to regular style. This can only do so much though.

I have an issue with trading with some managers and feel like they can be taken advantage of occasionally and I don't want to do that. Anyone else have these issues?

I just cancelled a trade afte I made it and posted this. I offered Crosby for his Subban and next two firsts (probably in the 7-10th overall range - 120 players and 60 top prospects ae protected to give an idea of the value). I also parted with Byfuglien and Hossa recently on the cheap and am thinking about doing it with Crosby, Getzlaf, Thornton, Letang etc.

Maybe I need a new challenge or want to see more competition. Is it wrong to part out my team to slightly lesser teams to make them more competitive? 1 manager in particular, a good friend,has built himself a team that looks like the clear favourite this year. I hate leagues where people are fighting for 2nd from the all-star break on? I'll never quit the league and want to rebuild and contend soon. I've never not contended and it mustn't be that much fun for those that have never contended.

/Ramble.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
I never had those issues you described. But I am currently playing in "keep-all" league (you can hold on to the player as long as possible. I got a bottom-feeder with a few players who have been steadily regressing in key roles (my goalies are Backstrom and Ward, yeah, it's that bad). I didn't push very hard to turn it around for first two years, but then I dunno what happened, maybe my ambitions were hurt a little bit as I'm not used to be this bad.

Anyway, this summer I got more aggressive on the trade front, aiming to rebuild from scratch.

After reading what you wrote, I'm thinking now that maybe other managers felt sorry for me, agreeing to trades pretty easily. I sure hope it's not the case...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad