Montreal's Pending RFA & UFA's

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
The clock's ticking and we only have a couple months to decide on our RFA's and UFA's. Which of the following guys would you bring back and what's the max you would pay them next year:

UFA / Age / 2017-18 Salary / Waiver Eligible

Hemsky, Ales 34, $1,000,000, Yes
Niemi, Antti 34, $700,000, Yes
Cracknell, Adam, 32, $675,000, Yes
Terry, Chris, 29, $650,000, Yes

RFA
Rychel, KerbyLWMinors23$863,333Yes
Valiev, RinatLDMinors22$778,333Yes
McCarron, MichaelRW, CMinors23$863,333Yes
Danault, PhillipCNHL25$912,500Yes
Carr, DanielLWNHL26$725,000Yes
Parisi, TomDMinors24$717,500No
Eisenschmid, MarkusCMinors23$642,500No
Fucale, ZacharyGMinors 22$714,167No
De La Rose, JacobC, LWNHL22$725,000Yes
Grégoire, JeremyCMinors22 $633,333Yes
Shaw, LoganC, RWNHL25$650,000Yes
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I'm hoping to see us re-sign the following:

Niemi -->$1,000,000 (depth in case Price's health is an issue or Lindgren stumbles)
Cracknell --> $700,000 (solid depth for Laval and emergency call-ups)
Terry --> $700,000 (solid depth for Laval and emergency call-ups)
Rychel --> $1,000,000 (hope he gets a chance)
Valiev --> $800,000 (Would strengthen Laval and provide depth)
McCarron --> $1,000,000 (he's running out of chances but can't see them letting him walk just yet)
Danault --> $2,800,000 (Must sign considering our C depth)
Carr --> $800,000 (Strengthens Laval and provides depth)
Fucale --> $800,000 (Not sure if he'll get a chance but I would give him 1 or 2 more years)
De La Rose --> $1,400,000 (He looked ready after Pleks left)
Shaw --> $800,000 (Provides depth and helped with our PK but I'd rather see Rychel and JDLR get the ice time)

Goodbye:
Hemsky
Parisi
Eisenschmid
Grégoire

Guessing some of the vets will need 1 way contracts to entice them to sign and to make them less attractive to other teams when we try to pass them through waivers

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
UFA: Cracknell and Terry for the ahl

RFA: Everyone you listed except Parisi, Eisenschmid, Shaw

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Zucale is the only real question mark. I have no idea if it's worth continuing with him but I also feel it doesn't hurt if Lindgren is now Carey's Back up.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Fucale and McCarron are given one more chance. If they don't improve next year, let em walk.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Terry said he's going to look over his options for next year or something to that effect I believe. I would be surprised if he's back unless the Habs pay him a lot. I would do it since he's one of the best players in the AHL. Sounds like Cracknell wants to come back. If they don't bring back Fucale, maybe they bring back Nemi and let him and Lindgren fight it out for the backup job.

For the RFA's I would think Danault gets a nice bump. McCarron, Rychel, DLR, Gregoire will all be back. I assume Valiev will be back unless he goes back to Russia. They need to trade a winger or two but I hope Carr is back although with the way Julien used him, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not and instead we get more waivers Shaw who imo should be in Laval or just not brought back. I know they liked Eisenschmid but he can't stay healthy so I don't know if they bring him back or not. The way they handled Fucale I would think he's gone but maybe now that his former coach with the Mooseheads is here perhaps he will want to come back? Parisi I wouldn't bring back.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
BTW i would totally not sign Niemi. He did well with no pressure playing for a contract. He came here when the team was already pretty much out of the playoffs and he was a guy nobody expected to do well. That's the very definition of not having any pressure at all. As soon as he'll get that contract and the pressure coming with it (and the role of the official number 2 of a goalie often injured) he'll be back to this guy who could not stop a beach ball for the last 2 years.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
BTW i would totally not sign Niemi. He did well with no pressure playing for a contract. He came here when the team was already pretty much out of the playoffs and he was a guy nobody expected to do well. That's the very definition of not having any pressure at all. As soon as he'll get that contract and the pressure coming with it (and the role of the official number 2 of a goalie often injured) he'll be back to this guy who could not stop a beach ball for the last 2 years.

If they don't bring back Fucale, then they would have Price, Lindgren and McNiven who clearly isn't NHL ready so one injury and we would be in trouble. If the Habs are going to suck next year, having Niemi doesn't hurt at all, and at worst if he sucks they can send him down and have Lindgren as the backup with Niemi as a mentor to McNiven.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Guessing UFA players like Cracknell and Terry will completely depend on the new coaching staff and their philosophy.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Re-united with Waite though. Probably why Niemi revived. I would sign him if cheap enough and Lingdren is traded for help elsewhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad