Montreal.vs Ottawa Dec 16th Outdoor Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Not that I really care, but it’s weird that the alumni game is Sens versus Sens. Would Habs alumni get too much fan support?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Funny thing about Ottawa... a little sympathy has crept into my feelings about the Sens. They're having an even worse season than us, plus they're being picked on by emboldened Leafs fans and their ever-expanding egos.

Those Laffs fans egos have been expanding since forever :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Funny thing about Ottawa... a little sympathy has crept into my feelings about the Sens. They're having an even worse season than us, plus they're being picked on by emboldened Leafs fans and their ever-expanding egos.

I feel bad for their team because of the comments their owner made.

Like I know what Molson thinks and what he's doing. But he has never come out and validated that he's intentionally a shitty owner that won't do what it takes to win.

Melnyk just did that. If I was an Ottawa fan I would be boycotting until he sold the team.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
I always laugh when they ask the players how it feels to go back to their roots of playing out on a pond. I bet less than 5 percent of the nhlers today played on a pond in their childhood.

As typical interviews they always have a canned response though

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Could this game come at a worse time for both franchises? On a positive note, we might see Max Pacioretty hustle but just as a matter of survival. I wonder how many LBI's pop up before this match?

He won't be playing tonight. He's helping with the snow storm.

canadiens-captain-max-pacioretty-stopped-to-help-south-shore2.jpeg

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Game is not even sold out and tickets are selling below face value on stubhub. Ok tickets are more expensive than regular and capacity was increased but the "once in a lifetime" experience does not seem to sell so well. Weekend HNIC game, downtown Ottawa, Habs vs Sens...thought there would be more interest.
An outdoor game in Ottawa? Too bad...the interest in filling their own rink doesn't seem to be there...so why let them do an outdoor game? I am assuming most of the crowd will be Habs fans anyway?
How many fans are they expecting? 30,000?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No offense...but that post is embarassing

It takes public embarrassment on the big stages to turn up the heat on the idiots in charge. I don't care if you think my post is embarrassing, I'm only looking for scenarios that make it impossible for Molson to keep MB.

Reactions: lostriver

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It takes public embarrassment on the big stages to turn up the heat on the idiots in charge. I don't care if you think my post is embarrassing, I'm only looking for scenarios that
Losing to the sens tonight and you wishing for it...doesn't make that eventuality anymore likelier.

The Sens...ugh

Reactions: jaffy27

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Man, some comments.. Switch team already..

I'm looking forward to the game and be watching.. To those who hates the Habs remember that they'll be suffering out there in -10 or worst ;) But we know how this feels don't we? We've all been to these outside rinks as kids till our toes freezed..

Reactions: admiralcadillac

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The fact that they didn't even reach out for the Habs' alumni for last night's oldtimers effort is a disgrace. I mean, it's the 100th, and I'm guessing, just guessing, that the Habs marked this league's history a tad more than a sorry ass franchise who can't even get it right once.

Ottawa wanted this to be an Ottawa show. They should have left Montreal out of it, completely.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
How many of the things have the Habs played and how many have been held in Montreal? Yeah, f*** off bettman.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Erik Karlsson is dreamy, I'll be watching just for him.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Why isn't this game in the afternoon...It doesn't even feel like a special event, just a usual saturday night game.
Plus watching a game in an open stadium at night is kinda silly. I'd say you lose a big part of the "being outside" feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad