Proposal: Montreal trades 3rd to EDM for RNH + 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I think if Montreal were to throw in a late second or third this would be an fairly even trade.

I can understand why Oilers fans are disagreeing with it, but I think the cap savings, plus potential of getting their number one D or a fast, scoring winger on an entry level contract is worth it for them.

On the Montreal side, ok so Nuge isn’t a number guy and the answer to all the issues but he’s a very good start. I wonder if the Sabres would take Nuge and maybe a second for O’Reily? Younger and would suit there core better while filling a similar defensive role or could help on the wing if Middlestat is ready further into the season.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I think if Montreal were to throw in a late second or third this would be an fairly even trade.

I can understand why Oilers fans are disagreeing with it, but I think the cap savings, plus potential of getting their number one D or a fast, scoring winger on an entry level contract is worth it for them.

On the Montreal side, ok so Nuge isn’t a number guy and the answer to all the issues but he’s a very good start. I wonder if the Sabres would take Nuge and maybe a second for O’Reily? Younger and would suit there core better while filling a similar defensive role or could help on the wing if Middlestat is ready further into the season.
Cap savings applies to guys like Lucic and to a lesser extent Sekera and Russel. We are fine paying guys like Nuge. Do I want cap savings? Hell yeah but I aint trading Nuge for it especially if that’s the return.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Super random proposal and why not add into the fun that is Chiarelli and Bergevin.

Montreal is in a tough spot at 3rd here. Zadina doesn't fit any needs and the team might not be sold on reaching for Jesperi here. They SHOULD be looking at trading down.

Oilers need a #1D AND an elite winger to play with McDavid/Drai. They can get either Hughes or Zadina here. IMO the drop-off in the tier of defenceman the Oilers can get at 10 is quite large. Ty Smith is just another 2nd pairing d-man to add to our list of 4 2nd line dmen (Larsson, Nurse, Klef, Bear). Zadina would be on a rookie contract and can contribute immediately. If the Oilers believe in their D-core moving forward with a healthy Klef, continual improvement from Nurse and the rising Ethan Bear he should be on the table.

Montreal gets a young, cost-controlled C with 3 years left on his deal. Might not be the ideal #1C but he's similar to ROR in my opinion with a bit less defensive aptitude (he's making strides here). 10th overall pick can be used to pick best player available.

Thoughts? Do you think Montreal needs to add a bit here?

I think if you add Lucic and Weber it might work.

to Oilers: Weber, 3rd overall

To MTL: RNH, 10th and Lucic

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I’d do this if I’m Edmonton. Draft Zadina, that’s a great young winger to have and you send 6 million out the door. Not sure if Zadina is nhl ready next year, but he’d likely look good beside McDavid at some point.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

Why do the oilers need to even look at O'reiley because they are in the same spot as Buffalo. If Buffalo would do Ristolanen for RNH then the oilers would talk. Buff can trade O'Rylie for Hanifan and everybody wins .

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Why do the oilers need to even look at O'reiley because they are in the same spot as Buffalo. If Buffalo would do Ristolanen for RNH then the oilers would talk. Buff can trade O'Rylie for Hanifan and everybody wins .
It would be MTL flipping Nuge for O'Reily..........

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
By my count there are now nine brutally awful proposals by Montreal fans on the first page alone. Just stop.
Maybe you should have a look again as a number of them are not by Montreal fans and some are brutal for montreal and then some.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Cap savings applies to guys like Lucic and to a lesser extent Sekera and Russel. We are fine paying guys like Nuge. Do I want cap savings? Hell yeah but I aint trading Nuge for it especially if that’s the return.

Good luck with that. If it were that easy, don't you think it would be done already......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad