Proposal: Montreal trades 3rd to EDM for RNH + 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Super random proposal and why not add into the fun that is Chiarelli and Bergevin.

Montreal is in a tough spot at 3rd here. Zadina doesn't fit any needs and the team might not be sold on reaching for Jesperi here. They SHOULD be looking at trading down.

Oilers need a #1D AND an elite winger to play with McDavid/Drai. They can get either Hughes or Zadina here. IMO the drop-off in the tier of defenceman the Oilers can get at 10 is quite large. Ty Smith is just another 2nd pairing d-man to add to our list of 4 2nd line dmen (Larsson, Nurse, Klef, Bear). Zadina would be on a rookie contract and can contribute immediately. If the Oilers believe in their D-core moving forward with a healthy Klef, continual improvement from Nurse and the rising Ethan Bear he should be on the table.

Montreal gets a young, cost-controlled C with 3 years left on his deal. Might not be the ideal #1C but he's similar to ROR in my opinion with a bit less defensive aptitude (he's making strides here). 10th overall pick can be used to pick best player available.

Thoughts? Do you think Montreal needs to add a bit here?

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Not a lot of separation from #3-10. Montreal adds if they want rnh included

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I disagree that there isnt much separation from #3-10. I think Hughes/Zadina are much better than their comparables in this draft. Also agree that Montreal probably needs to add a bit here. Would love to snag someone like Lehkonen.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I don't think RNH is the solution for us honestly, but I'm a fan of the top 10 this year and would be happy with any of them so I'd probably make the deal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why would Edmonton do anything of the sort?

RNH had great chemistry with McDavid and IMO 3-12 is pretty much a complete crapshoot at this point. All insiders can agree on is Dahlin goes at 1 and Svechnikov goes at 2. Trading up to three at the expense of RNH and 10 - one of the few high end NHL forwards we have left plus a pretty damn good pick - is complete and utter shortsighted foolishness.

Most of the recent projections have it completely plausible that Zadina drops out of the top 5 and I think there is very little separating the defencemen in this draft.

If we want to assemble a forward group that consists of McDavid, Draisaitl, and 10 AHLers this is just a fantastic way to do it.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
By my count there are now nine brutally awful proposals by Montreal fans on the first page alone. Just stop.

Reactions: TFHockey

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Montreal should try and trade this pick straight up for a young 1C. Would Ottawa trade Duchene with an extension agreed upon for 3rd OA?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Super random proposal and why not add into the fun that is Chiarelli and Bergevin.

Montreal is in a tough spot at 3rd here. Zadina doesn't fit any needs and the team might not be sold on reaching for Jesperi here. They SHOULD be looking at trading down.

Oilers need a #1D AND an elite winger to play with McDavid/Drai. They can get either Hughes or Zadina here. IMO the drop-off in the tier of defenceman the Oilers can get at 10 is quite large. Ty Smith is just another 2nd pairing d-man to add to our list of 4 2nd line dmen (Larsson, Nurse, Klef, Bear). Zadina would be on a rookie contract and can contribute immediately. If the Oilers believe in their D-core moving forward with a healthy Klef, continual improvement from Nurse and the rising Ethan Bear he should be on the table.

Montreal gets a young, cost-controlled C with 3 years left on his deal. Might not be the ideal #1C but he's similar to ROR in my opinion with a bit less defensive aptitude (he's making strides here). 10th overall pick can be used to pick best player available.

Thoughts? Do you think Montreal needs to add a bit here?
Montreal will but Oilers won't. It is a dead issue

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Why would Edmonton do anything of the sort?

RNH had great chemistry with McDavid and IMO 3-12 is pretty much a complete crapshoot at this point. All insiders can agree on is Dahlin goes at 1 and Svechnikov goes at 2. Trading up to three at the expense of RNH and 10 - one of the few high end NHL forwards we have left plus a pretty damn good pick - is complete and utter shortsighted foolishness.

Most of the recent projections have it completely plausible that Zadina drops out of the top 5 and I think there is very little separating the defencemen in this draft.

If we want to assemble a forward group that consists of McDavid, Draisaitl, and 10 AHLers this is just a fantastic way to do it.
I didn't want to waste time typing but this sums it up perfectly.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Add in Gallagher and Lehkonen, Edmontons 2019 1st and you have a deal.
Gallagher + Lehkonen + 3rd
For
10th + Nuge + 2019 1st (lottery protected)

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
There's really no difference between 3 and 10. The guy a lot of people having going 3 to Montreal (Kotkaniemi), everyone had going to Edmonton a few weeks ago.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Lool how does this help Edmonton? We trade a guy that’s gonna play shotgun with Mcdavid and can play center along with our top 10 pick to get a higher pick and hope to god this player will have an immediate impact? Huh?! That sound smart to you? Delete thread please.

Also, MTL fans don’t think Nuge is good enough so it’s fine. We’ll keep him :)

Reactions: 780il

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So to move up in the draft by 7 spots it cost a number 2 centre who looks like a lock to be a top line winger next to McDavid . I would be hard press to agree to the RNH for the 3rd OA straight up and it isn't because the value isn't close but it is a step backwards

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I have no horse in the game but it seems like a pretty fair trade.
Value might be skewed in MTLs favour a touch but it's helps both teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad