Montreal Offseason UFA signings /trade predictions

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
They both signed UFAs. They both missed the playoffs anyway. They both have a lower draft pick than needed.
Trying to build a winning team is worth more than sitting on hands, hoping for magic beans to sprout, and being constantly afraid of failure. I thought you'd know that after 10 years of Bergevin.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
You really think LA wants Dubois against the cap for the next 14 years? That seems crazy.

It'd be at a pretty low cap hit and before he gets locked into an NMC for 1/3 instead of 2/3. LA would be crazy not to consider it at this point because no one will take him off their hands. It's a super interesting problem for them.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Trying to build a winning team is worth more than sitting on hands, hoping for magic beans to sprout, and being constantly afraid of failure. I thought you'd know that after 10 years of Bergevin.

If there's any lesson to take from Ottawa and Detroit is that scorched earth rebuilds like we used to see are a bad idea based on lower current lottery odds. They become extremely hard to get out of.

Reactions: ReHabs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
History doesn't prove your point at all. Erik Cole, Alex Radulov and Tyler Toffoli were all signed after Cammalleri. Every single one of these guys was a 1st liner.
None of them were career PPG players which was the initial comment - Tavares has been the only UFA whose been close to career PPG player to have ever signed w a Cdn market (it’s understood very few of those types ever hit open market)

Also only two teams were willing to offer Radulov a contract Habs & Wings - Det offer was also not guaranteed albeit for 2-year term, they wanted a stipulation to finalize deal only after seeing him at training camp

Reactions: schwang26

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
History doesn't prove your point at all. Erik Cole, Alex Radulov and Tyler Toffoli were all signed after Cammalleri. Every single one of these guys was a 1st liner.
It kind of does. What are we talking here? 50?60 points? Are those good first line numbers? They maybe played first line on crappy Habs teams. So did Desharnais. I’m speaking more to the level of Stamkos that people seem to think they have a shot at. When was the last ppg free agent they signed?

Reactions: EXPOS123

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It kind of does. What are we talking here? 50?60 points? Are those good first line numbers? They maybe played first line on crappy Habs teams. So did Desharnais. I’m speaking more to the level of Stamkos that people seem to think they have a shot at. When was the last ppg free agent they signed?

Cammalleri but it doesn't matter, Stamkos level guys rarely hit FA.

Reactions: salbutera

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad