GDT: Montreal Canadiens at Anaheim Ducks; 7 p.m. PT, TV: Prime Ticket; Radio: AM 830

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Gibson continues to be the best player on the ice. Unbelievable level he's playing at right now. Hopefully Miller is back soon to give him a little bit of rest.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Gibson continues to be the best player on the ice. Unbelievable level he's playing at right now. Hopefully Miller is back soon to give him a little bit of rest.

Seconded.

Also hoping Montour can start finding the net more. What a bomb.

Reactions: ScarTroy

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Was at the game. Kase was all over the puck tonight, wish he would play like that every game. I was very impressed by Megna. I know it was Montreal, but he was just so solid all around, and he even handles the puck alright for a big guy. Manson also looked very good, and at this point, he needs to be.
On the negative side, wow, Beauchemin was awful. At least Bieksa makes himself useful in some ways, Beauchemin is constantly chasing forwards leaving his partner out to dry.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Megna is so boring to watch that it’s almost beautiful.

Bieksa was on point tonight.

Josh Manson is currently our #1 defenseman.

Montour needs to drive the play more in transition, but has been impressive.

Beach played over 28 minutes... dat shit cray.

Fowler we pray for.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I thought the Gio hit on Cam this spring looked worse, so maybe this won't be too bad. Either way, with help on the way, hopefully they're cautious with Cam and let this heal right.

Other than that, great game. 3-3-1 really isn't bad when you're missing a group that could be a pretty damn good entire starting lineup. Hopefully Raks and Silf can get going, though.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Ok, I get we were shorthanded on defense, particularly at the end, but how in the world does Beauch play 28 plus minutes??? Almost 4 minutes more than anybody else, it makes no sense

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Ok, I get we were shorthanded on defense, particularly at the end, but how in the world does Beauch play 28 plus minutes??? Almost 4 minutes more than anybody else, it makes no sense

Carlyle trusts him the most. I’ve always felt a certain type of way about Beauch, but his ability to play heavy minutes has never been a question.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Kase is such a different player this season. Another great draft pick we got from Toronto.

Bieksa was probably my favorite player tonight because of how he dealt with Shaw, dude is such a baby.

I hope we see more of that bomb from Montour, that's the stuff I want to see from him.

Gibson was outstanding, probably the only reason we won.

Ritchie though, has he taken a huge step back? Same with Silf.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Here's a crappy video of the Fowler injury.... crappy on multiple levels.

Good grief, that looked awful. I guess he'll be gone for a while, too? :help:

It's the dream scenario for the statistics people out there -- Manson is the #1 of the team now, at least for a while. Is Larsson getting a call-up now?

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
this is not a NHL caliber team at the moment

josh manson is the #1 defenseman. just let that sink in. fowler's injury looked real bad, wouldn't surprise me if he missed a few months

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I think Fowler under going further testing is a good sign.. usually any kind of knee tear can be tested in the locker room. Hope they are just being cautious and going through everything. Wishful thinking maybe?

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Megna is so boring to watch that it’s almost beautiful.

Bieksa was on point tonight.

Josh Manson is currently our #1 defenseman.

Montour needs to drive the play more in transition, but has been impressive.

Beach played over 28 minutes... dat **** cray.

Fowler we pray for.

How can he drive the play more when he has maybe the slowest defensemen in the NHL as his partner?

We need to get healthy everyone will look like they are suppose to.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
How can he drive the play more when he has maybe the slowest defensemen in the NHL as his partner?

We need to get healthy everyone will look like they are suppose to.

What does having a slow defensive partner have to do with him controlling and driving the transition game? I’m just saying that I’d like to see him take more control of the game when he gets the puck on his stick.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What does having a slow defensive partner have to do with him controlling and driving the transition game? I’m just saying that I’d like to see him take more control of the game when he gets the puck on his stick.

A ton.....?

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's hard for a defender to take control of the game when the guys around you are going boards and out every time they get the puck. Unless you're Erik Karlsson. I think you put Lindholm back on Montour's pair when he gets healthy and you'll see him skating with the puck way more. He needs to be with a D partner that can draw defenders and then make a smart pass to him in stride.

Although I also wouldn't mind seeing a LIndholm-Vatanen pairing

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Wags played north of 20 minutes tonight and he looked good.

Since Wagner was recalled last year with about 20 games left he has been very very good. He is a guy who is just coming into his own at 26 and with 100 games under his belt. He we really good in the WCF and now this year he has bounced all over the lineup. He's leading the team in hits and PK minutes and now has two goals. He has turned into a great 10th guy in the line up and will be a valuable guy for a team making a cup push. This is why I argued before camp that Wagner, at this point in his career is a much better option than Winnik.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Poor fowler can't catch a break. (no pun intended)

Even though the habs spent 8 minutes on the pp in the second and got 30 shots, not many of them were high quality. Gibson didn't have to make any amazing saves IMO. And for what it's worth they had almost zero rebound chances (except for the one goal).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad