Proposal: Montreal/Arizona

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Montreal: Brendan Perlini, 3rd round pick 2017 and 6th round pick 2018

vs

To Arizona: David Desharnais, Brian Flynn and Nathan Beaulieu

MTL POV: They clear some cap space with the loss of Desharnais but they add a potential two-way winger with good size and some picks.

ARZ POV: They need some salary to reach the cap floor but not just contrat.. Desharnais could fill a spot on the 2nd line/3rd line give 45-50 pts yrs, Nathan Beaulieu will be a good #4 d-man but need no pressure to perform well and under Therrien one mistake is the end of the world. Flynn is a serviable 13th forward who should take a spot on the 4th line.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
You know that Beaulieu has a legit shot to be paired to Shea Weber.... right?

So forget your proposal

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
Sigh...another insane OP that makes no sense for the Habs. I wish the insanity would stop.

Habs decline.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Could probably just sign Tanguay for about half what Desharnais makes and get similar production while keeping the 3rd and 6th.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Beaulieu >>> Perlini

As for Desharnais Mtl will gladly keep him one more season as their 3rd line C then let him walk.

So a big no from Mtl

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Could probably just sign Tanguay for about half what Desharnais makes and get similar production while keeping the 3rd and 6th.

Maybe, but you might want to ask Alex Tanguay what he thinks of that idea first.

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
Beaulieu >>> Perlini

As for Desharnais Mtl will gladly keep him one more season as their 3rd line C then let him walk.

So a big no from Mtl

Exactly. I want DD gone badly but as of now I'd keep him and hope he can add secondary scoring and solid defensive awareness to the 3rd line. It's obvious the Habs need to win now for Bergevin to keep his job so now way should he be looking for futures.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I'd only look to trade Desharnais if we had a better option lined up. We could use someone bigger, we have McCarron but he's not ready and there's no need to rush him.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
At this point, I think the only way Bergevin can get rid of Desharnais contract, is by acquiring another bad, although cheaper, contract. A Samsonov/Cullimore -type of deal.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Arizona does not want DD. He's yours, get used to it.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
To Montreal: Brendan Perlini, 3rd round pick 2017 and 6th round pick 2018

vs

To Arizona: David Desharnais, Brian Flynn and Nathan Beaulieu

MTL POV: They clear some cap space with the loss of Desharnais but they add a potential two-way winger with good size and some picks.

ARZ POV: They need some salary to reach the cap floor but not just contrat.. Desharnais could fill a spot on the 2nd line/3rd line give 45-50 pts yrs, Nathan Beaulieu will be a good #4 d-man but need no pressure to perform well and under Therrien one mistake is the end of the world. Flynn is a serviable 13th forward who should take a spot on the 4th line.

No, they don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad