Proposal: Montreal and Florida

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
i'm honestly not even sure if i'd prefer Max Pacioretty to Nick Bjudstad at this point, disregarding contracts.

okay, that's probably exaggerating but still i woulnd't touch this deal as Florida.

Reactions: klabob

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I'd prefer for the Habs to grab picks over established players like Bjugstad.

How about Adam Mascherin, 2018 1st, and a conditional 2019 1st if he signs with Florida or 2019 2nd if he doesn't?

Mtl gets no established players and assume all the risks. Florida can always trade Patch at the deadline and easily recover their 1st and a prospect

Reactions: Notabaguette
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
This and good luck getting a borderline top pairing D signed long term for that.
Saying we don't need Patches with the pieces already in place and the fact they missed the playoffs is a bit like saying we don't need to make the playoffs imo :sarcasm:

So if it takes more than $6 million to sign him, do the Habs retain the difference? Let's say he won't sign for less than 7.8 for 8 years. Do the Habs retain $1.8 m for 8 years? Would the Panthers give much up for a Pacioretty @ $6 million for 8 years?

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd prefer for the Habs to grab picks over established players like Bjugstad.

How about Adam Mascherin, 2018 1st, and a conditional 2019 1st if he signs with Florida or 2019 2nd if he doesn't?

Mtl gets no established players and assume all the risks. Florida can always trade Patch at the deadline and easily recover their 1st and a prospect

pug-dog-reaction-turns-around-slowly-13915564480.gif

So two 1st round picks and a 2nd round prospect????
All likelihood he would re-sign.
I hate giving up one 1st let alone two for Max.

Patches would be a luxury in FLA. We have LWs and Cs, we need a veteran 2nd line RD or another top 6 RW. Our scoring isn't as much of a worry as Pysyk, Petrovic and Weegar all being bottom pairing guys on the right side.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
So if it takes more than $6 million to sign him, do the Habs retain the difference? Let's say he won't sign for less than 7.8 for 8 years. Do the Habs retain $1.8 m for 8 years? Would the Panthers give much up for a Pacioretty @ $6 million for 8 years?
Pacioretty is signed for another year. So unless you’re talking about a sign and trade done after July 1st(in which case Montreal would have to retain salary on all 9 years of his contract) there is no way for Montreal to retain on his new contract. Plus, I can’t imagine a single reason why they would do something like that.

SkywalkerQC

Poehling for president
Jul 30, 2016
Québec
If the habs can get a good center prospect like Kotkaniemi or Veleno with the pick i’d do it. Maybe throw in the rights to Mascherin for a 3-4round pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->