OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
If the team can acquire a top striker or Nguyen or *faints slightly* both, I'd say mission accomplished for showing the fans how much they care this season

They proved it already......imagine without silva and Camacho..they beat Toronto with almost their full lineup

The mission is accomplishe already and they need our full support !!

For the first time we have a very good coaching staff

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
We could have had:

Bush
Cabrera - Fanni (Diallo if he was healthy) - Camacho
Silva - Piette - Nguyen - Taider - Lovitz
Piatti - Kamara

just saying... and we wouldn't be in need of International Spots (if Mancosu was out)

I like what I've seen from that Silva clip, he scored goals on Free Kicks, something no one else than Drogba did on this team in 6 years lol

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Piatti is probably the most likely to get his citizenship. And maybe it's already in the works.

They need to make a move or have someome become a Canadian citizen.

Not to be finicky but it's not citizenship they apply for and require, but residency. Citizenship is a longer process. I cant speak for the US and their green cards, but in Canada you can often get residency within 3 years, citizenship is more like 6 years.

Basically the difference is with residency you cant vote and you dont have a canadian passport.

Source: My wife is a resident and I did her paperwork, + as an interpreter I work with this crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not to be finicky but it's not citizenship they apply for and require, but residency. Citizenship is a longer process. I cant speak for the US and their green cards, but in Canada you can often get residency within 3 years, citizenship is more like 6 years.

Basically the difference is with residency you cant vote and you dont have a canadian passport.

Source: My wife is a resident and I did her paperwork, + as an interpret I work with this crap.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: ShaMu

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Hassoun Camara is here since forever and still only a permanent resident. He always counted as an international for us asfar as I remember. So don’t count on Piatti counting as a domestic player even if he gets his permanent residency.

What’s weird is that if someone has a green card he counts as domestic. 2 poids 2 mesures as always with MLS.

Dec 2, 2010
Hassoun Camara is here since forever and still only a permanent resident. He always counted as an international for us asfar as I remember. So don’t count on Piatti counting as a domestic player even if he gets his permanent residency.

What’s weird is that if someone has a green card he counts as domestic. 2 poids 2 mesures as always with MLS.
Pretty sure Camara was domestic in the last season.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl

As far as I know, Camara has been counting as a domestic player for a few seasons now because of his permanent residency.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Canada-based Clubs:
For Canadian clubs, a domestic player is either a Canadian citizen or the holder of certain other special status (i.e., has been granted refugee or asylum status), a player who qualifies under the Homegrown International Rule, or a U.S. Domestic Player. There is no limit as to the number of Canadian Domestic Players on a Canadian club's roster.
  • There is no limit as to the number of U.S. Domestic Players or Canadian Domestic Players on a Canadian club's roster; provided, however, that a Canadian club is required to have a minimum of three Canadian Domestic Players on its roster at all times.

MLS Roster Rules and Regulations 2018

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl

If their wording is right, they didnt make the residency=citizenship mistake which is common, I stand corrected.

Then it really is 2 poids 2 mesures as Luigi said, a green card is basically residency from what I gather.

Its weird though, because those "special statuses" they refer to are residency and not citizenship. A refugee or asylum seeker is granted residency first (if they're accepted) and then can apply for citizenship afterwards.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If their wording is right, they didnt make the residency=citizenship mistake which is common, I stand corrected.

Then it really is 2 poids 2 mesures as Luigi said, a green card is basically residency from what I gather.
Yup, clear advantage to U.S clubs, but there's also the canadian 4th DP thing, is it in place or pure BS by Garber?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
When will his wife come to Montreal? The city feels empty without Erjona around

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad