OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is it too much to expect to have both newest members of the team in the starting 11 on the 31st? Something along the lines of

Piatti - Vargas
Lovitz - Taider - Piette - Petrasso - Silva
Camacho - Fanni - Cabrera

It shouldn't be too much to expect. However, they need to acquire an international spot or trade and liberate one. IMFC only has 1 International Spot available so as we speak, only one can play. But by the 31st, this can be rectified. They have two weeks to accomplish it.

Come on Mancosu to Revs for Nguyen. And whatever else needs to be added to make the trade happen. This trade would open up an International Spot with Mancosu's departure.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A suitcase full of video games? How old is he, 15? :laugh:

I can tell you from experience, a lot of guys never grow out of the video game phase. Ever since I got married and became a father, I don't have the time I used to, but when I get a moment, you can believe I whip out the console. And when a new game is out, I am glued to it. My wife becomes more or less a single parent during that time.

Reactions: Montreal Impact FC

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I can tell you from experience, a lot of guys never grow out of the video game phase. Ever since I got married and became a father, I don't have the time I used to, but when I get a moment, you can believe I whip out the console. And when a new game is out, I am glued to it. My wife becomes more or less a single parent during that time.

Oh, I know. Pretty much any guy under 40 never grows out of video games lol

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Sometimes I bust out my N64 and play a good ol' game of NHL Breakaway 98 on rookie difficulty

mjgrin.png

Reactions: ArtPeur

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
He probably figures new country, don't know anybody, might as well set myself up for a lot of lonely nights :(... :laugh:

All kidding aside, the latin contingent on the team should make him feel right at home (and yes, I consider Piette to be part of it ;))

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He probably figures new country, don't know anybody, might as well set myself up for a lot of lonely nights :(... :laugh:

All kidding aside, the latin contingent on the team should make him feel right at home (and yes, I consider Piette to be part of it ;))
He's got a wife and a baby boy though. His wife is gorgeous.

Last edited:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010

I added Neymar on IG for fun. All his stories are about gaming.

Pro athletes, mostly guys, video game all day. There’s nothing much to so between two trainings/games/meetings etc. Plus they cannot undertake any potentially dangerous activity (ie: riding bikes, fast cars, chopping wood, building, lighting up firework, etc.)

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Come on Mancosu to Revs for Nguyen. And whatever else needs to be added to make the trade happen. This trade would open up an International Spot with Mancosu's departure.

I don't think it's physically possible to kill that many birds with a single stone

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I added Neymar on IG for fun. All his stories are about gaming.

Pro athletes, mostly guys, video game all day. There’s nothing much to so between two trainings/games/meetings etc. Plus they cannot undertake any potentially dangerous activity (ie: riding bikes, fast cars, chopping wood, building, lighting up firework, etc.)
Exactly. You can't train more than 3,4 hours a day and expect to be top notch energy wise for the game. Video games are the safest and cheapest way to pass the time. The only thing I would do different is I would probably be running around looking for business opportunities with my money like Camalleri does. But, I know that it's a very little minority that thinks that way.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
On IMFC's official press release on their website, Braz was quoted saying:

“Alejandro is a right-sided attacking player with a lot of experience playing in South America,” said technical director Adam Braz. “He will add a different dimension to the attack and will help improve the overall quality and depth of the team. His versatility on the field is very positive in that he can also play as a central midfielder. We are in discussions with other clubs regarding specific players that Rémi has identified and we are hopeful that we can conclude certain moves in the not so distant future.”

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

“Alejandro is a right-sided attacking player with a lot of experience playing in South America,” said technical director Adam Braz. “He will add a different dimension to the attack and will help improve the overall quality and depth of the team. His versatility on the field is very positive in that he can also play as a central midfielder. We are in discussions with other clubs regarding specific players that Rémi has identified and we are hopeful that we can conclude certain moves in the not so distant future.”
That is so unusual from this club. Love to read this.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know how it works, but although we know the deal is official with Camacho, IMFC hasn't officially announced the signing. Are they able to "officially" announce his signing if they don't have an International Spot for him? And of course, he won't be able to play until they do have a spot for him.

Or do they need to have the spot first before making it official?

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I don't know how it works, but although we know the deal is official with Camacho, IMFC hasn't officially announced the signing. Are they able to "officially" announce his signing if they don't have an International Spot for him? And of course, he won't be able to play until they do have a spot for him.

Or do they need to have the spot first before making it official?

He's gonna work for Saputo first then transfer to the Impact.

Your train of thought is most likely correct. They need to make a move or have someome become a Canadian citizen.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

We are in discussions with other clubs regarding specific players that Rémi has identified and we are hopeful that we can conclude certain moves in the not so distant future.”

when Braz says something, usually it's because it's already done.

It can only he 1 of 2 things imo.

A) Lee Nguyen
B) A striker

I can' think of anything else this team needs tbh.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's gonna work for Saputo first then transfer to the Impact.

Your train of thought is most likely correct. They need to make a move or have someome become a Canadian citizen.

Piatti is probably the most likely to get his citizenship. And maybe it's already in the works.

when Braz says something, usually it's because it's already done.

It can only he 1 of 2 things imo.

A) Lee Nguyen
B) A striker

I can' think of anything else this team needs tbh.

I have a feeling it's Nguyen. I think they'll end up keeping Piatti and Vargas up front, as well as AJH now available. With Lovitz, Silva, Taider, Piette, and with Petrasso and Edwards as options as well, they have a bunch of guys who can cover a lot of ground and can afford to play with 2 strikers.

And with Piatti and Vargas also having played as midfielders, they can help by coming back and helping with the transition easier.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
If the team can acquire a top striker or Nguyen or *faints slightly* both, I'd say mission accomplished for showing the fans how much they care this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad