OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The previous thread was locked and I realized a new one wasn't made yet. Also, I liked the previous thread's subtitle of "un changement de garde," so I just made it Part II. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to share them.

Anyways, onto the business of the thread:

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The previous thread was locked and I realized a new one wasn't made yet. Also, I liked the previous thread's subtitle of "un changement de garde," so I just made it Part II. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to share them.

This is great news!

Also Cool to see balou highlights in an imfc jersey on barca B’s twitter.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Great news.
Eveything is in place to get another great DP.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Yeah, I just saw Destouches' tweet. Although he's said bullshit in the past, if this is true, thats really crazy.

Like I was saying yesterday, Barcelona B apparently paid 1.5M for Anthony Lozano, a much more hyped and proven prospect than Ballou. They must think his potential is through the roof... Have they really scouted him? I mean have they seen his decision making on the pitch (and off for that matter)?! The guy has shit for brains.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, I just saw Destouches' tweet. Although he's said bull**** in the past, if this is true, thats really crazy.

Like I was saying yesterday, Barcelona B apparently paid 1.5M for Anthony Lozano, a much more hyped and proven prospect than Ballou. They must think his potential is through the roof... Have they really scouted him? I mean have they seen his decision making on the pitch (and off for that matter)?! The guy has **** for brains.

When you're 18, there are deficiencies in your game. However, because you're 18, you can have those deficiencies worked on and improved, whether it's tactical or mental. Every kid they bring in is like Ballou, they have things they need to work on.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
So if we play David Choinière a few games and he scores 2 goals, we can sell him for millions to Real Madrid maybe! lol

When you're 18, there are deficiencies in your game. However, because you're 18, you can have those deficiencies worked on and improved, whether it's tactical or mental. Every kid they bring in is like Ballou, they have things they need to work on.

Yeah, for sure they must think they can coach him into a good player. One thing, it'll be good for him in the sense where he should get a dose of humility over there being one amongst many other young prospects like him.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
OR really go crazy on Marchisio and settle the CAM position for a while. Though personally I see striker as a bigger pure need at the moment.

Lautaro Martinez would be much more expensive than Marchisio though. It would probably need to break the Barco transfer record. The kid has Atletico, Real and Dortmund chasing him. I watch Racing Club games sometimes just to watch him play, the kid is amazing.

But yeah, it would be nice to get an AM though. Lee Nguyen seems like the best available, and realistic option. I'd be happy with that.

I'm glad that Garde is focusing on D though. We scored a fair amount of goals last season, our real probem was defensive cohesion, or even cohesion as a whole. Better coaching should help us a lot on that.

edit: is say "though" too much :p

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Lautaro Martinez would be much more expensive than Marchisio though. It would probably need to break the Barco transfer record. The kid has Atletico, Real and Dortmund chasing him. I watch Racing Club games sometimes just to watch him play, the kid is amazing.

But yeah, it would be nice to get an AM though. Lee Nguyen seems like the best available, and realistic option. I'd be happy with that.

I'm glad that Garde is focusing on D though. We scored a fair amount of goals last season, our real probem was defensive cohesion, or even cohesion as a whole. Better coaching should help us a lot on that.

The one thing with Martinez is that he's super small for that position in the MLS. This can be a really physical, not all that technical league. Could he adjust to that effectively ? A lot of south american players have a hard time with it.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Lautaro is more expensive, but his salary will not be more expensive. Also you can re-sell him at a profit which will not be the case for Marchisio.

I'd like the impact to seriously consider those kinds of investments, kind of like what Atlanta are doing. Atlanta have Tito though, he's got the appeal for young Argentinians.

Reactions: ShaMu

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah, I just saw Destouches' tweet. Although he's said bull**** in the past, if this is true, thats really crazy.

Like I was saying yesterday, Barcelona B apparently paid 1.5M for Anthony Lozano, a much more hyped and proven prospect than Ballou. They must think his potential is through the roof... Have they really scouted him? I mean have they seen his decision making on the pitch (and off for that matter)?! The guy has **** for brains.

I don't think last season, at least after the first quarter, represented the true potential for Ballou. At first he was a breath of fresh air whenever he would get minutes and would electrify the attack, but then he started complaining about his Europe dream being blocked by the Impact and he never was the same. He also got injured later on which didn't help his minutes, although he probably wasn't injured for the whole period where we didn't see him play. Pretty sure the team made were replying to his complaints by not dressing him in the 18.

The real potential of Ballou was on display for the first 8ish games last season and the previous couple of years, including his impressive performance in a a couple dozen minutes against Roma. He was also great with FC Montréal as a 16/17 year old.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Lautaro is more expensive, but his salary will not be more expensive. Also you can re-sell him at a profit which will not be the case for Marchisio.

I'd like the impact to seriously consider those kinds of investments, kind of like what Atlanta are doing. Atlanta have Tito though, he's got the appeal for young Argentinians.

Atlanta has to be the premier MLS destination for Latin Americans with their stadium, fans, and Tata Martino. Tough to compete with them, especially considering the deep pocket$$$ of their owner.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Remove the bell that serves to the goal horn. The Algerians can do this job with their flags and their ability of singing. Don't let your car in the area of the stadium. Because if Saphir scores goals during some crucial games you gonna pray for your cars.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like they are having some military type of training.

It reminds me of when soccer season would be near and our first training sessions were running up the mountain until we reach some steps that bring you up to the next level. We'd go up the stairs and down. Run a sprint around a small path near those steps. Take a 30 second breather, 10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 jumping jacks, and up the steps again.

It was like a month or two between the winter season's end and the weather being good enough to start the training for the outdoor season. The fields weren't ready yet so the focus was on fitness and endurance. We didn't have the luxury of being flown to warm climate places to get on the field sooner. Those first two weeks of non-ball training was killer. But there came a time when you were glad you went through those rigours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->