Monthly News Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
WWE has such a childish mentality.

Also he's like...best friends with Seth Rollins. Seems like such an insignificant thing to fire somebody over if you risk passing Seth off.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wasn't Jacobs the one who came up with the idea of the list? And helped put the Festival of Friendship segment together?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The List of Jericho was indeed a Jimmy Jacobs invention. Safe to assume he was also heavily involved in the Festival too.

He's also been involved directly with some of my favorite indie moments.

Reactions: Disclose

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why can't this guy be a fan of all wrestling while working for WWE? Any promoting of any other company isn't hurting WWE in any way. This isn't like a Coke employee posting a refreshing pepsi. This is like a coke employee posting a wine he/she likes and Coke saying "You're fired!"

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wrestler-t-shirts/jimmyjacobs/unprofessional.html
jimmy1012_1_1.png

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Why can't this guy be a fan of all wrestling while working for WWE? Any promoting of any other company isn't hurting WWE in any way. This isn't like a Coke employee posting a refreshing pepsi. This is like a coke employee posting a wine he/she likes and Coke saying "You're fired!"
If he was involved in the Bullet Club skit, then isn't it the same?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
from WON

What that means regarding Neville is still up in the air. Neville wasn’t back for the 10/10 show. At this point the belief within the company is that he’s gone, including one person close to the situation insisting he’s 100 percent gone.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Update Courtesy of PWI;

- Neville didn't walk out on RAW because he wasn't there to begin with. Neville wasn't at the house shows this weekend either.

- Neville has "pushed" for his release in order to rebuild his name on the indies, much like Drew McIntyre did before returning to WWE NXT.

- Neville has a couple issues, but it appears the main issue is being upset over being left off the WrestleMania DVD, which is usually the highest selling DVD, which means Neville gets 0 royalties.

- As of this time, Neville is still under contract, and it's possible Neville rejoins the company, but as of now there isn't any plans for him in the CW division or on either brand

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Dana White shot down rumours of McGregor appearing at Wrestlemania. He said it's absolutely not true and even showed a text from Vince McMahon to the interview host about it, who said it was "news to me, might be good someday but not now."

- The original plan for Breezango's attackers was to be Harper and Rowan, but the WON questions if this is still the case as there was a promo video hyping their repackage now and wonders if it'd make sense to do things like that.

- Speaking of Harper and Rowan, the plan for their newly reformed team is to loosely base them off Demolition.

- WWE doesn't like when their writers try to get themselves over when it's not their job, and that's what they felt Jacobs did by posting the BC picture on social media. There's speculation that he was a target because he took time off to attend a personal matter over the summer. He was also considered "one of the boys" by the superstars in the back and understood things from a wrestler's perspective; many of his ideas were used in the past including "The List of Jericho."

- 2K asked The Young Bucks to do motion capture for next year's game (WWE 2k19) because of how many people create The Young Bucks in the game. They want all their signature moves in the game. This came a day after WWE issued the cease and desist order to The Young Bucks.

- WON reveals the final date of Lesnar's contract is either at Wrestlemania, or the night after, with the option of extending it. There's also certain rights WWE has until August 2018. With the Jones fight off the table due to his USADA suspension and WWE not wanting to let Lesnar fight for UFC while under WWE contract, Lesnar would have to wait until August at the earliest to fight. Lesnar felt the deal last year where he worked Wrestlemania season and then only had four months to get into top shape for his fight vs. Mark Hunt wasn't enough time to get ready. The sides between the UFC and WWE reportedly aren't too good; Dana White has a good relationship with Triple H but feels working with Vince McMahon is too difficult. It's expected at this point that Lesnar and WWE come to terms on a new deal.

All from the WON.

Reactions: DenisSamson3

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ha, one of the producers sees things from a wrestler's perspective? Can't have that guy around, what is "wrestling" anyways? We need more entertainers and soap opera writers!

I wonder if The Young Bucks are in a position to tell 2K to go **** themselves based purely on the WWE looking to bring them down. Then again, they seem like very smart businessmen.

Lol @ Vince being too difficult to work with. That's putting it very, very lightly.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The Jacobs firing is baffling to me still. There's been plenty of cross promotion with WWE guys and the Bullet Club but the writer does it and he's gone...I mean I guess he's the most dispensable.

It would make complete sense, if Jacobs does return the ring, for him to join the Bullet Club. It's writing itself.

I also think it's such a small deal that it would be worth it to not fire him just so they don't risk pissing of guys like Owens and Rollins.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I had no idea her real name was Barbie Blank

that sounds like the kind of name Vince would give some Diva

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Was that to do with the abandoned old vs new women's match they were going to do a while back?
I'm not sure. She might have been publicizing a tv show she was on. She has another tv show scheduled for Nov 1st.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
One of the best looking divas they've ever had. As to Neville, hope he reconsiders and sticks around, guy is quite a talent.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
One of the best looking divas they've ever had. As to Neville, hope he reconsiders and sticks around, guy is quite a talent.

Why would a guy hover around in WWE just to be left off DVDs/PPVs that make money? He can work less dates, do what he wants, and probably make the same money. Especially when they can move their own merch and do separate promotional stuff, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->