Monthly News Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Probably just 'mania for the fancy entrances and whatnot.

WWE has been phasing it out for years if you look at the entrances they design more recently. The ones that were designed for it obviously don't work as well, but you have to cut it out at some point if that's your goal.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
That’s what I figured, I mean I guess it’s only really Brock and AJ who had pyro. AJ’s is still fine without it but I do think Brock’s isn’t as good which probably doesn’t matter if he’s gone after Mania anyway

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I just chalked it up as Mania pyro. Gotta add to the whole "biggest show of the year" thing. Make the event feel more special. I wouldn't mind if they did this for SummerSlam as well.

Mania always gets some big entrances and fireworks and stuff. Mania entrances are usually something I look forward to

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Apparently Wrestlemania ticket sales saw a HUGE boost once Daniel Bryan was cleared to compete and announced for the show, and now the show is about a thousand tickets away from selling out, and it wasn't even close to looking like it would sell out before Bryan was cleared.

- Reigns did an interview and talked about his WM31 match with Lesnar and said Lesnar cracked his ribs in the opening and Reigns wrestled a large portion of the year with messed up ribs.

Reactions: ColePens

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Is Bryan the only legit draw left in the company?

Does Cena still draw (I assume so because he's flopped between shows and brand PPV's)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cena will always draw.

I've posted enough numbers in the past, and have seen no different based on this WM report, that say Bryan is legitimately the biggest star they have aside from Cena at the moment who is regularly on TV. It's EC3's gimmick in NXT, but Bryan is just a legit money printing machine for this company and ratings/tickets draw.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
With RAW in town on Monday, I just got a post on Facebook saying that Mickie James is performing tonight at a music venue about 10 minutes from me. It showed Trish Stratus serving her a drink?? Shame it's country music. Blah.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
With RAW in town on Monday, I just got a post on Facebook saying that Mickie James is performing tonight at a music venue about 10 minutes from me. It showed Trish Stratus serving her a drink?? Shame it's country music. Blah.

I've seen Mickie perform before, she's surprisingly talented and the show I saw was actually fun. Anyways, Country music isn't really country music anymore.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- The reason Shane McMahon is going to be able to work Wrestlemania is because he's putting off his hernia surgery until after Wrestlemania so he can be a part of the show. He's likely to get a lighter workload in the match and be protected due to the injury.

- Vince McMahon was reportedly shocked with the overwhelming social media success of The Ultimate Deletion which may open the door for Matt to do more segments like that. Michael Cole's line before the match was fed to him by Vince McMahon.

- The Louisiana Boxing and Wrestling Commission has a ridiculous list of bans for Wrestlemania weekend shows which exempt WWE and ROH because they're "major league promotions." The bans include:

-- all variations of the piledriver
-- all variations of a powerbomb
-- moonsaults, shooting star press or 450 splashes, and anything that involves a wrestler leaping off the top rope or turnbuckle that targets the head or neck
-- the "stungun" or any variation that involves a wrestler's neck or head being dragged, draped or clotheslined across the ropes
-- the striking of a wrestler's head with any object, chair, trash can lid, etc, and
-- no wrestler shall throw, push, shove or force another wrestler out of the ring or over the top rope

- In the most important news, Rusev is done with Pizza Hut since they would not deliver to his house on Rusev Day. Therefore, we are all done with Pizza Hut (if anyone was buying their pizza anyways).

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
- The reason Shane McMahon is going to be able to work Wrestlemania is because he's putting off his hernia surgery until after Wrestlemania so he can be a part of the show. He's likely to get a lighter workload in the match and be protected due to the injury.

- Vince McMahon was reportedly shocked with the overwhelming social media success of The Ultimate Deletion which may open the door for Matt to do more segments like that. Michael Cole's line before the match was fed to him by Vince McMahon.

- The Louisiana Boxing and Wrestling Commission has a ridiculous list of bans for Wrestlemania weekend shows which exempt WWE and ROH because they're "major league promotions." The bans include:

-- moonsaults, shooting star press or 450 splashes, and anything that involves a wrestler leaping off the top rope or turnbuckle that targets the head or neck
-- the "stungun" or any variation that involves a wrestler's neck or head being dragged, draped or clotheslined across the ropes
-- the striking of a wrestler's head with any object, chair, trash can lid, etc, and
-- no wrestler shall throw, push, shove or force another wrestler out of the ring or over the top rope

- In the most important news, Rusev is done with Pizza Hut since they would not deliver to his house on Rusev Day. Therefore, we are all done with Pizza Hut (if anyone was buying their pizza anyways).

So basically no wrestling allowed unless you are ROH or WWE...

Reactions: ColePens

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

But in boxing you're allowed to punch someone in the head and its okay? :laugh:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
So the DB match is going to get like 5 minutes what with Shane needing limited time in the ring, and wwe likely wanting to ease DB back in the ring then ?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So the DB match is going to get like 5 minutes what with Shane needing limited time in the ring, and wwe likely wanting to ease DB back in the ring then ?

I don't think they're going to ease DB back into the ring. They're just going to keep a close eye on him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think Shane’s gonna get beat up for about 5-7 mins, hot tag Bryan, Bryan runs wild, Shane eats the pin at the end (or Bryan gets the win and KO/Zayn go to Raw as part of the shakeup).

I think a 12-15 minute match is what it’ll be.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
will ospreay..... lmao

edit;i guess i dont know how to tweet:
so at WillOspreay/status/979557968105521152

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Suppose that's fair but on a wrestling landscape this is as small potatoes as I can remember ROH ever being.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I can't agree with that.

While RoH are not as hot as they've been in the past, they are doing far better business than they've ever done. They're running bigger buildings and taking bigger gates than they've done before, so you can't really say they're as small as ever.

A lot of it is piggybacking on the hype of NJPW, and especially Bullet Club, but RoH still benefit greatly. Especially when they borrow a star from Japan and run shows with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->