Monthly News Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Why does it have to be named after anyone?

Andre the giant was bigger than wrestling and should really be the only one something is named after

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Roman Reigns confirmed that the "Greatest Royal Rumble Ever" from Saudi Arabia will be a Network event.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Weren't Mae Young and Moolah platonic life-partners for close to 3 decades? Celebrating one while vilifying the other always seemed weird to me. Both are trash, no?
As far as we know, the worst Mae Young has done is take men out on dates and rob them. Not literally drug and pimp out students and set an entire division back.

It’s not good by any means, but Moolah is actual trash.

Oct 18, 2011
Especially when WWE tried to project Moolah as a pioneer for women's rights. I can't believe nobody in the decision making process was bringing her record up. It seems strange that if Vince knew this he'd green light the thing.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Especially when WWE tried to project Moolah as a pioneer for women's rights. I can't believe nobody in the decision making process was bringing her record up. It seems strange that if Vince knew this he'd green light the thing.

Vince has always been in his own small bubble. Knowing his history, that's not exactly surprising. And given the culture around Vince's bubble, it also doesn't surprise me that they either didn't know or knew and didn't want to have that potential fight with the boss.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Weren't Mae Young and Moolah platonic life-partners for close to 3 decades? Celebrating one while vilifying the other always seemed weird to me. Both are trash, no?

Moolah has been accused of stealing other women's money, and pimping underage girls to promoters for their "services".

Oct 18, 2011
Vince has always been in his own small bubble. Knowing his history, that's not exactly surprising. And given the culture around Vince's bubble, it also doesn't surprise me that they either didn't know or knew and didn't want to have that potential fight with the boss.
Sometimes we hear about the struggle for power inside WWE. I have a very hard time believing HHH for instance didn't know. It really doesn't make sense how this ever got approved

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sometimes we hear about the struggle for power inside WWE. I have a very hard time believing HHH for instance didn't know. It really doesn't make sense how this ever got approved

I don't see why it would be difficult to believe that Trips isn't victim to the same type of bubble issues that Vince would be. He's a COO and running NXT. I can believe that he's just as busy as Vince. It got approved either because nobody actually knew or nobody wanted to rile any feathers and make this something that may cost them their job. Just because we may like Triple H as a potential booker for the product doesn't mean he's any better about the bubble issues.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
To be honest I wouldn’t even be surprised if Stephanie didn’t know. Vince definitely knew. A lot of legends don’t even know (Bubba, Austin). Maybe I’m naive because I don’t want to believe Triple H knew, but I really wouldn’t be surprised if both, he and Stephanie didn’t know or maybe had an idea but no idea of the severity and broad scope of the issue.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
On HHH and the bubble. He's in it, but he knows he's in it. There was an interview a while ago where he mentioned that he didn't realise that not calling belts belts was a just WWE thing. It's an interview so it's not gonna be all true, but at least it shows he's aware of the bubble's existence.

He's also run NXT for years without managing to run into things like the main roster does every other month. I can see him doing that by accident, at the very least he'll be listening to someone about it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Triple H knows. That's why he named the Mae Young Classic. He didn't seem to have much to say other than retweets.

On the other hand, Vince knew. Just like he knew about Snuka. Naming a battle royale at Wrestlemania comes down to 1 person just like everything else on the show.

Reactions: KEEROLE Vatanen

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Triple H knows. That's why he named the Mae Young Classic. He didn't seem to have much to say other than retweets.

On the other hand, Vince knew. Just like he knew about Snuka. Naming a battle royale at Wrestlemania comes down to 1 person just like everything else on the show.

Whether Vince knew or not doesn't even really matter. It was still an obvious gaffe that he deserves all the crap that will be given to the company over it. I'm just open to the suggestion that he doesn't know either the things Moolah did or that people knew of her past. I can be swayed into believing that Vince knew of all this stuff if evidence is presented to me as such but I can definitely see Vince being ignorant of things like this in a general way.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
AJ gets injured at MSG, ref throws X sign and gets carried to the back while limping..... errr

(pictures all over the twitter)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Daniel Bryan reportedly has no 90-day non-compete clause and could be back in the ring very soon after he leaves the WWE. His contract reportedly expires on September 23. Daniel Bryan maintains that he's been cleared by outside physicians but WWE hasn't cleared him and if he doesn't work by Wrestlemania, he believes he'll never wrestle in a WWE ring again.

- Summerslam may move out of Barclays for 2019 as WWE is looking to put it in a stadium. With Barclays hosting the Hall of Fame ceremony, NXT Takeover, Raw and Smackdown next year for Wrestlemania, it would appear unlikely that WWE does that string for Summerslam in the same region as well.

- Batista is very open about returning to the WWE and turned down a Hall of Fame induction this year because he doesn't believe his in-ring career is over.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
AJ gets injured at MSG, ref throws X sign and gets carried to the back while limping..... errr

(pictures all over the twitter)
It was during a pre-match angle where Zayn took a chair to Styles leg. Apparently Styles ran back out and attacked Zayn and Owens, so I hope it's just an angle and/or not as bad if he is nursing some sort of injury.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah. just saw the updates. came to edit the post.
read that" he cameback limping and hit sami with a chair and left by hmiself. match ended short"

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Batista was always good, he was just miscast as a baby face for a large portion of his career. His heel run (Heeltista for those who remember the old WF lingo) before he left his first time was incredible.

Reactions: KEEROLE Vatanen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->