Monthly News Thread (June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I hope he gets better at wrestling before they call him up. He'll be good, he just isn't yet. Needs more ring time, not just training.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I honestly don't think Black will be massive on the main roster. He'll have a presence in the upper midcard... probably a better one than Balor, but I can't see him going higher than that up the card tbh. Not a bad spot... but I can also see him just being lost in the shuffle eventually too until he's thrown into a random tag team with Baron Corbin because they're both loners and tattooed.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
When I found out B team won the battle royal while Revival continues to get buried... :facepalm:
It's mental. Take Jinder for example... Guy lost almost every single match he's been in and suddenly he gets a title.
Miztourage loses every single match they're in, and suddenly catch fire...

I just hate that.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
With Punk I will throw this out there: when he was signed I talked to a friend who is a well known wrestling writer, and his exact words to me are " He isn't going to make it because he is far too honest. They are going to want him to kiss ass and he isn't going to play their game". He is the ultimate no bullshit guy and if you get on his shit list you aren't getting off.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Honestly I don't think he could give a s*** about money. As I said before, I think he likely doesn't come back just on principle. As for Bryan being bigger than Punk, I think that's questionable. He is and was certainly bigger by crowd reaction, but how much of that actually drew money? While it sounds like those go hand in hand, it's one thing to chant, "Yes" and another thing to buy a T-shirt/Ticket/PPV for a guy.

I don't ever recall Bryan outselling Cena. (Though I may have missed it) Punk did for awhile, and by numerous accounts (I believe Konnan and possibly Bubba Ray) the only reason he stopped outselling is because they tanked his merchandise production and pumped Cena's up.

He also pumped the UFC's PPV buys for his fight in 2016. Granted, he probably wont do nearly that much now as there's not much curiosity.

Bryan never outsold Cena because they never took him seriously and again that game is rigged for their golden boys so while it was certainly impressive for Punk to do it, he was given more opportunity to do so than Bryan ever really was. They took Punk seriously as a main event caliber performer. They never took Bryan seriously and they still don't really. As for the UFC stuff, anybody that makes it to a main event level in WWE that tries UFC like Punk would likely have gotten a similar response at that particular moment. If DB decided to get in there or Cena did or whoever else you want to talk about, they'd get a lot of buys. Everyone would get that same level of curiosity provided that they reached that status in WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Amann's lawyer is either completely incompetent or was purposely putting up wrong evidence to throw AJ Lee off on the stand yesterday, but he didn't come out of it looking good while AJ probably helped Punk's case and image more.

Punk's massage therapist was also there and probably helped Punk's case in regards to the size of the lump, too, saying it was about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch raised when she last saw it before Punk got it popped.

They kept trying to press about pictures of the lump, but Punk didn't have any. Not surprising -- I know usually in court you have to bring EVERYTHING, but can't blame Punk for not having them when he didn't expect this to end up in court because Amann had his feelings hurt and probably shouldn't be on social media if he can't take some trolling for being shit at his job.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
When you admittedly break HIPAA and admittedly don't document giving guys antibiotics, you deserve all the criticism you get.

Reactions: quoipourquoi

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
These guys are so dumb. Amann himself admitted his life has not changed, his standing in WWE has not changed, his mental state has not changed, he gets a good night's sleep every night (he said he gets 8 hours a night) and there was evidence in the trial of him making jokes with Jericho, Ziggler and Ryder about being the "Z-Pak guy." His entire gripe is that people started sending joke tweets and chanting "Z-Pak" for two weeks.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It's funny. Amann is suing claiming that Punk damaged his reputation...

... And the facts that have come out by his own admission during the lawsuit have damaged his reputation more than Punk's comments. :laugh:

Reactions: quoipourquoi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That took like no time at all.

Amman’s name wasn’t uttered once during either episode of the podcast.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Unfortunately probably the only win he gets this week. :laugh:

Funniest part is I'm pretty sure Amann has to pay Punk and Cabana's legal fees now.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, Punk is going to get stopped again on Saturday night. Unless there's some funny business, there's no way he's beating Jackson.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
What would be funny is if he offered to sign with WWE for pennies on the dollar if they agreed to pay his health insurance. :laugh:

That'd be the troll of the century.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah, Punk is going to get stopped again on Saturday night. Unless there's some funny business, there's no way he's beating Jackson.

We....thinking about the same guy?

They're both irrelevant UFC scrubs. I feel anything can happen outside of a good fight.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
This is what happens when you put two hardheaded people with massive egos in the same room together. They may have a lot in common, but they'll never get along. It's funny, usually Triple H is the one rebuilding bridges that Vince burned. I think if Punk were ever to come back it'd have to be the other way around.

End of the day, between the firing him on his wedding day thing and his belief (Probably true) that WWE is financially backing Amann's lawsuit, I think if he ever returns, it'll be a very, very long time, and he'll be past the age that he could wrestle.

I guess basically thats it. They are both hard headed. HHH gets a lot of flak but Punk walks of scott free and many people will say Punk is well a Punk. Punk being hard to work with/be around isn't something new its been talked about for a long time and even Punk himself admits it.

I don't see Punk back in WWE unless its really a lot of money. I just don't think he was ever really happy working there.

Honestly I don't think he could give a s*** about money. As I said before, I think he likely doesn't come back just on principle. As for Bryan being bigger than Punk, I think that's questionable. He is and was certainly bigger by crowd reaction, but how much of that actually drew money? While it sounds like those go hand in hand, it's one thing to chant, "Yes" and another thing to buy a T-shirt/Ticket/PPV for a guy.

I don't ever recall Bryan outselling Cena. (Though I may have missed it) Punk did for awhile, and by numerous accounts (I believe Konnan and possibly Bubba Ray) the only reason he stopped outselling is because they tanked his merchandise production and pumped Cena's up.

I agree about Punk not coming back. Wrote above but I just don't think he will be happy in the WWE enviroment. And its even more corporate now then when he left, and after getting 2+ billion dollars I expect it to be even more coroporate.

Bryan vs Punk as far as popularity goes I guess would be a toss up but in the end I think they were both on equal level, and you could maybe argue for either 5 or 10% as being the bigger draw than the other. Punks record holding title reign didn't light the world on fire either. Blame can be placed on him not being the focus during that time but whatever it is what it is. If Punk came back it would create a buzz on line and with the hardcore fanbase, but I don't see RAW/SDL ratings moving anywhere. Punk is not on the level of the Hogans/Austins/Rocks/Savages.

He also pumped the UFC's PPV buys for his fight in 2016. Granted, he probably wont do nearly that much now as there's not much curiosity.

Wouldn't bet on it. I think he likely shows up at All-In and may even wrestle a match here or there, but his days of being a wrestling regular are done. Somebody, I can't remember who, made a great suggestion that he could be using a couple UFC fights as experience and a foot in the door to start a commentary career.

I kinda hope so because when Punk last left he was pretty bad. His injuries and attitude effected that for sure but its been 4 years now I think? He was never the most athletic guy I seriously question his ability to keep up and to survive the WWE's schedule. If he goes to NJPW eesh. I mean he will be compared to guys like Omega and Okada and Tanashi, which won't really go in Punks favor.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
We....thinking about the same guy?

They're both irrelevant UFC scrubs. I feel anything can happen outside of a good fight.
Mike Jackson? He's going to stomp Punk judging by his striking in training. Both guys lost to Gall, but Jackson seems to be the far superior fighter to Punk.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Amann's lawyer is either completely incompetent or was purposely putting up wrong evidence to throw AJ Lee off on the stand yesterday, but he didn't come out of it looking good while AJ probably helped Punk's case and image more.

Punk's massage therapist was also there and probably helped Punk's case in regards to the size of the lump, too, saying it was about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch raised when she last saw it before Punk got it popped.

They kept trying to press about pictures of the lump, but Punk didn't have any. Not surprising -- I know usually in court you have to bring EVERYTHING, but can't blame Punk for not having them when he didn't expect this to end up in court because Amann had his feelings hurt and probably shouldn't be on social media if he can't take some trolling for being **** at his job.

But isn't the whole case about the fact that it was the other Doctor who was the one giving Z packs and taking care of it and it wasn't Amman involved? Or am I understanding it wrong?

I thought that was Amman's issue, that he felt the podcast blamed him. While Punk and Cabana are arguing they never specificed it was Amman making the calls so its not their fault that there was a huge backlash against Amman.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I guess basically thats it. They are both hard headed. HHH gets a lot of flak but Punk walks of scott free and many people will say Punk is well a Punk. Punk being hard to work with/be around isn't something new its been talked about for a long time and even Punk himself admits it.

I don't see Punk back in WWE unless its really a lot of money. I just don't think he was ever really happy working there.

Of course Punk walks off scott free. Every top guy in the business has been hard to work with. That's just the business environment that Vince has set up for himself. It's what he wants.

I think Punk comes back to wrestling part time but not WWE.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Dream is too young to be up soon I think he needs 2 or more reigns as NXT champion first.

Have him take the title off black around the rumble to bring that matchup full circle , have him lose the title to someone around wrestlemania next year and then do a chase/loss to the following rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->