Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lol the Goldberg return should be erased from everyone's memory. It was awful. It was unnecessary. It was all to stroke his ego.

You mean Brock's ego. Brock pushed for it and was willing to take a squash to get out of fighting Shane at Wrestlemania.

Dave and Bryan had an interesting theorization about Paige's injuries and comparing it to gymnastics. Now, this was prefaced without any concrete medical knowledge, but basically they wondered if the fact that Paige started training and taking bumps so early was a big contributing factor. In gymnastics you see that most women are training even earlier than that, and by 20 they're retired. Women's bodies tend to be at a peak earlier than men's, and as a teenager your body is also still growing into itself.

They were also adamant that the spot should've never been cleared, and you didn't see Austin taking piledrivers after he broke his neck.

But the one thing I hadn't thought of was that this is actually the complete opposite with regard to the doctors compared to Bryan Danielson. If you remember, Paige got the surgery against the wishes of WWE, and her doctors told her to retire whereas WWE cleared her. And as it turns out, it seems that her doctors were right and WWE was wrong. Paige's situation probably compares more closely to CM Punk's, who knows what would've happened if she didn't do her due diligence.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Could you imagine Shane's slaps vs. a man like Brock Lesnar. I could see that creative control card pulled, too.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Were they actually seriously considering Brock vs Shane last year? What's next? Are they going to have Stephanie be the one to end Asuka's streak?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Were they actually seriously considering Brock vs Shane last year? What's next? Are they going to have Stephanie be the one to end Asuka's streak?

Yeup, don't you remember when Shane came out after the Orton/Lesnar match, Lesnar f5'd Shane. That was supposed to plant the seeds but they dropped it, thank god

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That also meant that KO/Y2J at Wrestlemania became a US Title match whereas it would've otherwise been for the Universal Title.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
As they should. Although the kick was unnecessarily violent for my liking given Paige was turned away from her, that kick shouldn't end someone's career unless that someone has some major underlying issues.

Aligned.

I don't like the kick but it's certainly not worth punishing or getting uppity about.

I think it was stiff but Paige wasn't lasting long anyway.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Observer says Vince is not heading up Creative for the Mixed Match Challenge, that would be Ryan Ward.

So that means everyone should actually watch it because it will be good.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
they seem to be having fun with the revealing of the teams and pictures online. im sure its gonna be cool to watch.
ill for sure give it a try.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Observer says Vince is not heading up Creative for the Mixed Match Challenge, that would be Ryan Ward.

So that means everyone should actually watch it because it will be good.

Wait isn't Ryan Ward the NXT writer guy that everyone liked? Went to SD (when SD was good) at the draft. Didn't WWE fire him or something.

I made have the guy confused

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The journey of Ward is a bit muddled to me. Definitely NXT and then Smackdown when at its best..then Smackdown became Road Dogg's show...I think...and Ryan Ward may have been moved to Raw. I really don't know.

I do know he still works there though.

Edit - Wiki tells me he's still on Smackdown.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Dave Meltzer has confirmed that WWE really wants to bring in EC3 and Lashley. He mentioned Lashley left the WWE on great terms and Vince was, and still is super high on him.

As far as possible Rumble debuts, it’s said that Lashley is unable to sign with another company until February 1st, however EC3 is free and clear to sign anywhere immediatly.

In other news, WWE has officially signed Riccochet, and is expected to announce the signings of Candice LeRae, and the tag team of War Machine

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Road Dogg is head producer for Smackdown, and Ward is head writer. Or something to that effect. Road Dogg is in charge, but Ward is one of the key guys on the team.

Ward never left Smackdown after going there, the going to Raw stuff never happened.

The key thing with the quality of Smackdown started when Road Dogg was put in charge of it way back before they moved to being live. Then Ward came and it improved a bit more. But unfortunately neither are the booker so we got things like the terrible draft and Jinder to make everything lame.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Dave Meltzer has confirmed that WWE really wants to bring in EC3 and Lashley. He mentioned Lashley left the WWE on great terms and Vince was, and still is super high on him.

As far as possible Rumble debuts, it’s said that Lashley is unable to sign with another company until February 1st, however EC3 is free and clear to sign anywhere immediatly.

In other news, WWE has officially signed Riccochet, and is expected to announce the signings of Candice LeRae, and the tag team of War Machine

With Ricochet signed I wonder if Tessa Blanchard will follow suit? She seems to be on good terms with the company and did a few NXT TVs already. I'd love to see her in the Women's Division on the back of her MYC performance and there'd be room for all sorts of story for her and Charlotte if/when she were to join the main roster.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think she's in the same group as Rachael Ellering and a few other. WWE wants them, they're one good terms and work NXT every so often (they're local), but they want to do the indy thing right now before signing to WWE.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I think she's in the same group as Rachael Ellering and a few other. WWE wants them, they're one good terms and work NXT every so often (they're local), but they want to do the indy thing right now before signing to WWE.

Yeah I imagine that would be Ellering, Blanchard, and Britt Baker (Adam Cole's g/f).

In other former MYC participant news, Jazzy Gabert (Alpha Female) had surgery yesterday or the day before to address her neck issue. No word on how it went but it could end up being career-ending for her.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE signing Candace is a signal that Tessa probably isn't imminent.

Chelsea Green may be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad