Monthly News Thread (December 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I like Finn and want him pushed more, but Finn vs Brock doesn't interest me after we just got Brock vs AJ. Only so many times we can do the little man vs big man storyline with Brock Lesnar.

They should just put Finn with Anderson and Gallows already and let them reform the "club". Shield vs Club, Bar+Joe vs Club, Miz+Miztourage vs Club you got a couple of 6 man tags that you can stretch out for a few months with that grouping. As well I think there is a big marketing opportunity there as well. Club shirts could sell, especially if they rip off Bullet Club shirts LOL.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
They should just put Finn with Anderson and Gallows already and let them reform the "club". Shield vs Club, Bar+Joe vs Club, Miz+Miztourage vs Club you got a couple of 6 man tags that you can stretch out for a few months with that grouping. As well I think there is a big marketing opportunity there as well. Club shirts could sell, especially if they rip off Bullet Club shirts LOL.

I could rally around that :yo:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
yeah a lot of people thought it was drug fueled and she was coked out with Alberto.

Who knows if that was one of the drugs she was taking but she confirmed a lot of stuff.

So she still married/with Alberto or did I miss that breakup news?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
She's single apparently. She casually slipped it into an Instagram Story or...Snapchat or something I think.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So she still married/with Alberto or did I miss that breakup news?
They broke up. Alberto did an interview about it where he said that with her WWE schedule at the performance center and then on the road, he was going to have to choose between never seeing her, and never seeing his kids, so they broke it off because he couldn't sacrifice time with his kids.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
She's single apparently. She casually slipped it into an Instagram Story or...Snapchat or something I think.

They broke up. Alberto did an interview about it where he said that with her WWE schedule at the performance center and then on the road, he was going to have to choose between never seeing her, and never seeing his kids, so they broke it off because he couldn't sacrifice time with his kids.

Got it... makes sense.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Does anyone know how New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom 12 is being broadcast in Canada? Is this something we would need to get their streaming service to get, or is it being broadcast on a network somewhere? I have to see this card, Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho, Jay White vs Tanahashi, Naito vs Okada, Cody Rhodes vs Kota Ibushi - this show is going to be pretty epic.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Do you guys get AXS up in Canada? They're airing it for free a couple days after the show.

Just get NJPW World for month...basically the same price as WWE Network. They don't do free preview months but I'd say one month fee to see WK12 is worth it.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Do you guys get AXS up in Canada? They're airing it for free a couple days after the show.

Just get NJPW World for month...basically the same price as WWE Network. They don't do free preview months but I'd say one month fee to see WK12 is worth it.
AXS is regional in Canada- I'm out west, I don't think we get it.

I'll probably go for the one month of NJPW World. That card looks stellar.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
apparently Vince is investing in this thing called Alpha Entertainment that is completely separate from WWE and he's trying to revive the XFL????

image.cid2_.gif

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I don't follow ROH to know what the plan was. Do they go with Castle-Ibushi at WK12 or just have Cody-Ibushi be a non-title? Or do they do a rematch of actual title match? They had Cole-O'Reilly at WK11.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't follow ROH to know what the plan was. Do they go with Castle-Ibushi at WK12 or just have Cody-Ibushi be a non-title? Or do they do a rematch of actual title match? They had Cole-O'Reilly at WK11.
I don't think WK is losing anything. The ROH title isn't over in Japan, so that match losing it means very little. In fact, it makes it more likely that Ibushi would beat Cody.

Cole-KOR at WK11 was a different kind of circumstances because they made KOR the champion without having re-signed him, and then his contract expired. That is no bueno, so, they needed a spot for KOR to drop the title, especially since he was working without a contract. None of that was the plan, they had built up forever O'Reilly winning the title, he wasn't supposed to drop it right back to Cole. They fortunately had the right situation to get a mulligan.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Apparently Vince applied for trademarks for UrFL, UFL, and “For the Love of Football”

I wonder if part of the timing of this is to try and ride off all the “anger” Trump wound up about the NFlL?

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but apparently Tom Zenk died last week at age 59. Tom Zenk passes away at 59 years old

He was a solid worker, but came around at the wrong time. By the late-80s fans were sick of the squeaky clean babyfaces. With his style he could have been a big star 10 years earlier as a face, or been an awesome heel with the same gimmick 10 years later.

He's probably best remembered for his blog in the early -2000s where he would always rant about people in the wrestling industry that he hated. Vince, HHH and Dusty were his most frequent targets

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Matt v Bray added to the 205 Live tour. clearly ticket sales sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->