Monthly News Thread (December 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Looked like a stiff ass kick to the back if you ask me. That’s why I don’t like attacks like that to the back...

Edit: Just watched Bayley do that exact same spot to Paige and she pushed off instead of full on booting her in the back. Much safer way of doing it.

giphy.gif

This is a pretty nasty kick, her neck snaps back so hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paris in Flames
Oct 18, 2011
Cesaro was going to get a singles push!?!?!?!?!

Also Fin and Seth would have been fantastic, Jordan is so lame and boring.

Wonder who AJ will face at Mania then... *bon face*
Heres my half assed attempt

WWE Title:
AJ Styles vs Seth Rollins

Universal Title:
Brock vs Roman vs Braun

John Cena vs Undertaker(he's not retired)

US Title:
Kevin Owens Vs Jinder Vs Sami Vs Finn

not sure about anything else I havent been watching

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Insider saying Paige has been removed from the rest of the holiday tour.

Dave saying WWE isn’t exaggerating the injury timetable for Dean. He also featured heavily in their Post-Mania plans but that will now change.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I really don't believe Dave. I think someone's working him. It was a partial tear. A complete tear is 6-7 months (Batista came back from a complete tear in 7). I don't know if Ambrose has just worked through so many injuries that they're giving him an extended leave, but I have a hard time believing a partial tear that had a straightforward, simple surgery to reattach the torn part is going to put a guy like Dean out for 9 months.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
And send Balor to Smackdown if you have a match "bigger than AJ" for Cena.

Lesnar/Reigns
Styles/Balor
Cena/whatever

I feel like the top matches for most brands are close to set, or we at least have a really good idea of who'll get on the main card.

From Raw, you have:
Lesnar/Reigns
Cena/
Joe/(vs. Strowman?)
Strowman/(vs. Joe?)
Rollins/ OR Rollins-Jordan/
(Rollins/Ambrose is totally a go if Ambrose is back)
Women's title, which I assume Asuka will walk in as champ

From SD, you have:
Styles/
Orton/Nakamura
Owens-Zayn/McMahon-???
SD women's title, which I assume will be Charlotte/Becky
Usos/New Day/

11 matches to plug in names there, I could also see a situation where it's Zayn/McMahon one-on-one and HHH/Owens in a match.

Balor better hope someone sees something in him soon or he grows a personality because I would not be surprised if he's in the battle royal at this rate, although I assume a Balor/Miz match could also be a go.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
How could the SD title be Charlotte vs Becky at this point, especially if Asuka is walking in Champ. I don’t see Becky winning the Rumble.

I still expect Ronda vs Charlotte

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How could the SD title be Charlotte vs Becky at this point, especially if Asuka is walking in Champ. I don’t see Becky winning the Rumble.

I still expect Ronda vs Charlotte
what? There's two women's titles... Becky can win a #1 contenders if Rousey wins the Rumble.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
You really think they’re going to sign Ronda and put her anywhere but Raw?

I was just thinking of how worthless the titles are on Smackdown today yet again. Honestly, does anyone here give a shit about AJ being the champion of Smackdown? Even if its the better show, it is not treated as such, and there is no real reason to care about the brand or the split. The IC title on RAW is more important than any title on SD at this point.

It's just so f***ing stupid I cannot stand the split and the idea of two brand specific champions.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Smackdown Tag Titles mean something tbh.

World Title doesn't mean a hell of a lot because it was on Jinder for so long and there's really not that many contenders.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Raw title has been off TV. who cares.
WWE title had a jobber champ for months. who cares
IC Title is Romans toy. who cares.
US Title... weird vacation story. who cares.
Raw tag titles somewhat important but Shield/Bar got old ages ago
Smackdown titles are worth something but WWE wont push the right guys.
CW title. lol.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Jazzy Gabert/Alpha Female failed her WWE medical, so wasn't signed. Herniated discs in her neck, which she'll be getting fixed.

Dunno if that'll sign her after that. WWE really don't want to sign people with existing neck problems, so they might pass on her next time too.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Smackdown tag titles are the only titles worth a damn on the main roster at the moment tbh.

I'd kill for a change of pace where there is only 1 set of titles. If the titles are on SD, they have bragging rights and there is a point system for teams to gain momentum and wins. Those points can land you a PPV match against the other brand for a chance to win. GMs can invite teams over for a one off show if they accumulated enough momentum/points.

I don't know.. some system that is just different so I can watch a nothing match and think "Oh! Points are on the line here. Nice!"

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jazzy Gabert/Alpha Female failed her WWE medical, so wasn't signed. Herniated discs in her neck, which she'll be getting fixed.

Dunno if that'll sign her after that. WWE really don't want to sign people with existing neck problems, so they might pass on her next time too.

Don't understand how she was in the tournament if this is the case. Maybe she wasn't supposed to lose Round 1.

I really don't believe Dave. I think someone's working him. It was a partial tear. A complete tear is 6-7 months (Batista came back from a complete tear in 7). I don't know if Ambrose has just worked through so many injuries that they're giving him an extended leave, but I have a hard time believing a partial tear that had a straightforward, simple surgery to reattach the torn part is going to put a guy like Dean out for 9 months.
Dave's been around too long to be getting worked like that. WWE may exaggerate, or things can change while he's rehabbing, but nobody is working Dave, somebody else would figure it out if he was.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
the usos have become the new Dean Ambrose of this board.

I mean... it’s deserved.

Dave's been around too long to be getting worked like that. WWE may exaggerate, or things can change while he's rehabbing, but nobody is working Dave, somebody else would figure it out if he was.

I don’t know, wasn’t he worked on Cena’s injury timeline for his pec tear back in 2007? 9 months just seems ridiculously, and unrealistically long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->