Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
“agree with my opinion or you are stupid mark”

Yes, because I called them that. Don’t put words in my mouth.

how terrible that a country loves wrestling too much....

Where did I say anything about that?

That general region is legitimately mark territory. They believe it’s real. I didn’t say there is anything wrong with that. It’s just the way it is, hence, Roman won’t be booed.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
not just you buddy....but what is wrong if they're marks?

if they wanna cheer for someone, let them cheer for someone. at least they dont remind us everyday that they dont like wrestling anymore.

Reactions: CPTN71

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Speaking first hand from having visited the Middle East and having a lot of family over there, they love WWE. But they especially love the "good guys" that WWE has. Whether it's Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena, or now Reigns - they are still very much fans that cheer for the babyface and boo the heel. Classic wrestling fans IMO. Nothing wrong with that. But it makes a ton of sense to me if Vince wants to coronate Roman Reigns over there where he knows with certainty that the crowd will be behind Roman and cheer him as he pins Lesnar.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm all for fans cheering for who ever they want and all its pretty sneaky of Vince to pull this to get one night of cheers followed by months of boo's

We all see through Vince's dastardly plan

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm all for fans cheering for who ever they want and all its pretty sneaky of Vince to pull this to get one night of cheers followed by months of boo's

We all see through Vince's dastardly plan
The funny thing is going to be if the crowd somehow does end up booing Reigns for some reason. :laugh: They won't, but just picturing it and picturing the gasket Vince would blow is hilarious.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

Where did I say anything about that?

That general region is legitimately mark territory. They believe it’s real. I didn’t say there is anything wrong with that. It’s just the way it is, hence, Roman won’t be booed.
You seem to have meant it though.

Reactions: CPTN71

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Transfer the title to Roman in front of a bunch of marks who won’t boo him (if they boo him I’ll cry laughing).

“agree with my opinion or you are stupid mark”

1f914.png

Reactions: BonMorrison and Fro

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Make no mistake about it, that crowd in Saudi Arabia is going to be 100% behind Roman Reigns. He is very likely going to get the biggest pop of his career post-Shield at that event. WWE knows what they're doing here. Why have him win at Mania and get booed out of the building when they can have him win in front of a crowd that is 100% behind him?
Um, why? He's not Arabic. I am not saying you are wrong but I don't know how you came to that conclusion necessarily.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Um, why? He's not Arabic. I am not saying you are wrong but I don't know how you came to that conclusion necessarily.
That's just how the majority of people are over there. It isn't solely Reigns. It's the idea of a super babyface. Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena, Reigns. The "superhero" types. Those are the guys that fans over there absolutely love. I can't explain to you why they cheer for who they cheer for, but the mindset of fans over there is still very much cheer the babyface and boo the heel, regardless of who the heel is.

Heck, I had conversations with three friends of mine that lived in Lebanon for 15+ years yesterday night after WM and all three of them were so disappointed Reigns lost. Not because of their disdain for Lesnar's contractual situation or lack of effort, but because they truly cheer for Roman Reigns and believe he is "the man" and these are men in their late 20's.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So very, very early reports for the WM35 main event is apparently Rousey/Charlotte. Her winning over Auska was the beginning of trying to build her up to that level.

I'm mildly intrigued on how they might swing that. I can't see them keeping the belt on her that long as that would completely kill the division. I can honestly see that working if Ronda puts the work in (which by all accounts, she seems prepared to do)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was not an audible, just nobody knew Vince changed the finish except Lesnar. Was not at the last minute.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Roman didn’t know he was going to get busted open and lose?

:laugh:

I don’t believe Dave ever said specifically if Roman knew but the vast majority in the back got worked.

This hasn’t been unusual for Lesnar matches.

Also Shane tried to fight Brock in the back

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don’t believe Dave ever said specifically if Roman knew but everyone else in the back got worked.

This hasn’t been unusual for Lesnar matches.

It sounds like the ref didn’t even know until the very end to count the 3 on Roman.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Roman didn’t know either

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It sounds like the ref didn’t even know until the very end to count the 3 on Roman.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Roman didn’t know either

I suppose so. Roman is his guy though I can’t inagine he be left in the dark and look stupid in the main event of Wrestlemania. To me, it didn’t sound like it was known if he knew.

As far as being busted open, that was supposedly what the argument with Vince was about but that could’ve been a work, too. Brock immediately left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad