Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Undertaker didn't appear on Raw because WWE didn't feel the need to bring him in to promote the match at Wrestlemania, and feel that the uncertainty will generate buzz on its own.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Angle said the match was cancelled, and Cena saying he'll just be there as a fan now

=

uncertainty

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Like I get it. Having him not answer Cena leading up to it would be fine. But the gong should have went off, or lightning hit the stage, or something to signify the match is happening. Now you have John Cena saying he isn't having a match at WrestleMania. So with how jam packed everything is, how do you turn that into Cena vs Undertaker?

Is Cena going to get random mic time, which Taker will show up for an impromtu match? That would go completely against Cena will now only be a fan at WrestleMania.

Is Taker going to randomly attack Cena backstage, leading to a streetfight type thing?

Right now, there's zero reason for there to be anytime alloted to Cena vs Undertaker. Like even have John Cena say he'll be at WrestleMania waiting for Undertaker instead of all this "guess there's nothing for me" stuff

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Like I get it. Having him not answer Cena leading up to it would be fine. But the gong should have went off, or lightning hit the stage, or something to signify the match is happening. Now you have John Cena saying he isn't having a match at WrestleMania. So with how jam packed everything is, how do you turn that into Cena vs Undertaker?

Is Cena going to get random mic time, which Taker will show up for an impromtu match? That would go completely against Cena will now only be a fan at WrestleMania.

Is Taker going to randomly attack Cena backstage, leading to a streetfight type thing?

Right now, there's zero reason for there to be anytime alloted to Cena vs Undertaker. Like even have John Cena say he'll be at WrestleMania waiting for Undertaker instead of all this "guess there's nothing for me" stuff

Not that I care, I think for the most part WM will suck like it has for the past few years, but Cena could come out to his music, say some shit, go sit down in a seat with his "ticket" he purchased, then the Undertakers music hits, or something. So yeah an impromptu match I guess.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
They had that random skit with the Wyatts and Rock and Cena a couple years ago. I expect the same type of thing with Cena and Taker.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
This is the new North American NXT title belt.

DZ4aijfX0AEF2wg.jpg

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I don't like belts where the leather visibly dictates the shape of the whole thing, so that it looks more like a boxing belt.

This one is not horrible otherwise, though.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't like non-black/white belts, so it's got that against it, but I do like that it's a geographical belt with a picture of the region on it.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I don't like belts where the leather visibly dictates the shape of the whole thing, so that it looks more like a boxing belt.

This one is not horrible otherwise, though.

Agreed. It's always bothered me when the strap doesn't follow the contour of the plates. Otherwise, this belt would look great imo.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Undertaker wasn’t there so that people don’t see Vince as predictable as he is. Which I gotta say, he was right. But now I don’t really care about the match.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's not something that really bothers me, but it's a case-by-case thing. When you've got a circular main plate I don't mind it at at all.

But what does bother me is when you don't have a consistent style throughout your entire range of titles. The World/Universal/Women's title are all the same, so that's fine. The UK title is the same shape, so that's good. The US is a similar shape, but a different style of design. And the tag and cruiserweight titles are totally different again.

I can understand not wanting everything the same, but I think they are too different right now.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
You can't really do anything like that for a continental belt, there's no heraldry of a single country you can take. You could re-design the US title into something in the same vein, there's probably something official with an eagle on it that they can use instead of a flag. You can put that inside the same boarder as the UK title and be good.

Thinking about the belts a bit more, I'd like a North American title to look like the Intercontinental one. Take away the 'heavyweight wrestling champion' bit and make the map a bit bigger. Then for a series of regional belts you just zoom in a bit on the map to the required continent. Keep them all on white leather too. And no flags, 'cos they look really cheap.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WWE have released the brackets for tournaments that are going to have on the Axxess shows. The winners will get title shots at the NXT tiles (UK, North America, Tag, and Women's) on the Sunday show.

Link to brackets, and a link to the cards for all of the Axxess shows.

I'm sure I read somewhere that some of this will be showing up on the Network, but I don't know if it was just the title matches or what.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
those Ohno matches... nice
Yeah, they are two really good match. Even though I've seen both before, I'm hoping they upload them somewhere so I can see them again, especially the Lee match.

Hero vs Walter I saw in WXW and PROGRESS, Hero vs Lee was in EVOLVE. Both the Walter matches were great, but the Lee one was the show where the ring broke during the match. The match obviously suffered for it, but it was still good. It was Hero's last weekend on the indies before going back to WWE too, so there was no chance for a re-do later. Hopefully this time it works out better.

WWE are also interested in both guys, so these are probably tryout matches for them. Not that they need them to impress anyone, both guys are awesome. There was something about trying to from Ringkampf-like thing inside WWE, and they already have Axel Dieter Jr. in NXT (not on TV yet), adding Walter would basically do it for you. That would be good to see in NXT. Even if it does mean I won't be able to watch Walter live any more...

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I may have missed it but kayfabe wise, why doesn't Cena enter the battle royal?

Taker not answering kind of makes me intrigued about the match and how it will be brought up Sunday. Just hope they don't do something stupid like Taker answers the challenge on aocial media a couple of days before the show.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
WWE has confirmed The Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia will air on the WWE Network, and will have a 1 Hour Pre Show beginning at 11.00 A.M. (show at noon ET)

I may have missed it but kayfabe wise, why doesn't Cena enter the battle royal?

cena said he didnt wanna take a spot from other superstars who dserved it more (and proceed to put them over... elias, rusev, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad