GDT: MONEY IN THE BANK (June 19, 2016) -- Wrestlemania 2.0, MAGGLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Reigns was definitely working as the heel in that match, which was interesting. Seth got all the cool spots and the rally finish, while Reigns used a bunch of methodical strikes and holds.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
The PpvPpvPpv Jesus guy was again spoted this Ppv. Second row and to the left. He was wearing glasses and had a scene during the zigler match.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Okay okay. Now that i'm done with GoT

My only complaint about that was that the pedigree's should have been in reverse. Rollins should have pedigreed reigns for a 2 count only for reigns to go for the spear and rollins catches him for that running pedigree for the pin. THAT would have been epic especially so because everyone would expect the usual finisher kick out followed by a spear.

As far as ambrose goes, at least shave for the biggest night of your life. :laugh:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Seth Rollins is the first guy to EVER pin Roman Reigns clean as a babyface.

It was clean like DB's win over Cena was clean. It kind of is and it kind of isn't depending on how strict one is with the term. Problem is, just like DB/Cena, it's swept under the rug with the cash-in. I sincerely doubt there will be much, if any, mentions of Rollins getting the pin. At least it's Ambrose and not Orton. lol

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
Solid show. Kind of wish Ambrose would run with the briefcase a bit longer, but we get the triple threat anyway so it's whatever.

Holy that fatal four way tag match was brutal. There was a three count (just kidding), and then they pinned English, who was not the legal man. Oofta.

Last edited:

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Yeah I don't know why they didn't just make the tag titles a ladder match. That whole fatal four way was a mess that could've been avoided

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Solid show. Kind of wish Ambrose would run with the briefcase a bit longer, but we get the triple threat anyway so it's whatever.

Holy that fatal four way tag match was brutal. There was a three count, and then they pinned English, who was not the legal man. Oofta.

I agree, but kind of clear past of the booking was to get rid of the briefcase for the brand extension.

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
I agree, but kind of clear past of the booking was to get rid of the briefcase for the brand extension.

I figured they'd get rid of it before the brand split, but if they were so hell bent on the shield triple threat, maybe have Dean announce it for Battleground or Summerslam. Not sure if that would interfere with the split, if they are on different shows.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Reigns was definitely working as the heel in that match, which was interesting. Seth got all the cool spots and the rally finish, while Reigns used a bunch of methodical strikes and holds.

I noticed this too. Even the visual subtleties of Reigns beard being a bit thicker/ higher up on his cheeks and Rollins hair being brushed differently. I noticed those right away, and the move sets and pacing told the same story. At the end of this program, I think Rollins is the only face out of the three.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Here's to Big Match John not giving AJ a clean win in the feud, talk a little louder during the match next time, I don't think the guy in the last row heard you.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Entertaining PPV...cool that all 3 Shield members held the title in the same night. Seth-Roman was okay...a little slow at times but great to see Seth working again. A couple of impressive moves from Roman...love the Razor's Edge power bomb.

The ladder match was strong...great spots, some goofy stuff...a little bit of everything. Dean seemed to be the most logical choice to win it...goes over his former Shield partners.

AJ-Cena was a good match but I get the ending. They're setting up an obvious rematch scenario. I'm good with them having another match but I'm sure Cena goes over to end the feud.

Last edited:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Here's to Big Match John not giving AJ a clean win in the feud, talk a little louder during the match next time, I don't think the guy in the last row heard you.

That was odd...the mic picked up a lot of his chatter in ring. I thought those two worked well together though.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
- Just glad we don't have the dumb MITB thing going on and on with 56 ridiculous teases where the referee acts like a buffoon.

- I do wish they had waited until Ambrose could throw a decent working punch before giving him the world title. This won't be a long reign because he has waaaaay too many guys above him in the pecking order: Reigns, Rollins, Styles, Cena, Lesnar, etc. Winning it the way he did just makes him look like a fluke, same as ALL MITB cash ins.

- The angle was done well, though.

- Rusev vs Titus gets three stars for in ring work as a hoss fight, and seven stars for Rusev's heel work with Titus' kids. So that's a five star match.

- I'm thinking we might see Kevin Owens go on a rampage soon.

- Oh look, Becky Lynch is back to being the only babyface of value in the women's division. She's been turned on more than Hogan in the 80s by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad