WWE: Monday Night Raw part 178: The one without fries..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Probably still only be 2 segments. The Asuka squash and then the Paige group and Sasha/Bayley/Mickie segment with Alexa thrown in as well as Nia at times. I expect Paige/Mandy/Sonya vs Sasha/Bayley/Mickie for the next 6 weeks. RR will probably be Paige vs Alexa vs Sasha vs Bayley, or some multi women match.
At the RR, it would be fun to see a womans RR Match with less participants like 10-15.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Probably still only be 2 segments. The Asuka squash and then the Paige group and Sasha/Bayley/Mickie segment with Alexa thrown in as well as Nia at times. I expect Paige/Mandy/Sonya vs Sasha/Bayley/Mickie for the next 6 weeks. RR will probably be Paige vs Alexa vs Sasha vs Bayley, or some multi women match.

Paige vs. Alexa on the Christmas show, I think. They’re talking women’s rumble for the rumble.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Nakamura and Balor had to learn where the hard camera was though

The only other thing I could think would be to also have Mandy and Sonya keep working NXT TV tapings since those aren't weekly in addition to having spots on Raw's TV days. There's been some precedence for talent being on both in the past.

Paige, Alexa, Bayley, Sasha, Sonya, Mandy, Foxy, Nia, Asuka, Micky, Dana.

There has to be a shake-up soon with one or two of them heading to Smackdown live right? Or they start having some nights with 3 women division fights on Raw from time to time...

Sasha did say recently she wouldn't mind moving to Smackdown.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She said it yesterday. I’m guessing it was when she saw the script for the show.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
She hasn't been good enough to pick where she works. She's shown me absolutely nothing since being called up, her promo is absolute dog shit and her matches haven't been that great with exception to Charlotte.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Sasha is meant to be a heel and because she was so good in NXT and they failed miserably to get Charlotte over as a face, they had to turn her face.

Now that they have women on RAW people actually want to cheer (Asuka and Paige) maybe they’ll feel like they’re able to turn her, although Bayley probably needs the turn even more.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
man I hope Smackdown becomes ICONIC tonight. however the Womens division is a mess. heres how I would shake it up

RAW
Asuka
Paige
Sonya
Mandy
Alexa
Alicia
Nia
Naomi

SD
Becky
Charlotte
Sasha
Bayley
Peyton
Billie
Carmella
Tamina

Launched into Space
Natalya

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
man I hope Smackdown becomes ICONIC tonight. however the Womens division is a mess. heres how I would shake it up

RAW
Asuka
Paige
Sonya
Mandy
Alexa
Alicia
Nia
Naomi

SD
Becky
Charlotte
Sasha
Bayley
Peyton
Billie
Carmella
Tamina

Launched into Space
Natalya

I'd say Tamina and Natalya for the "launch into space" option and would include Mickie James in it. Also, what about Dana Brooke?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She hasn't been good enough to pick where she works. She's shown me absolutely nothing since being called up, her promo is absolute dog **** and her matches haven't been that great with exception to Charlotte.
Name a woman she’s worked with where their best match isn’t with Sasha.

Sasha is meant to be a heel and because she was so good in NXT and they failed miserably to get Charlotte over as a face, they had to turn her face.

Now that they have women on RAW people actually want to cheer (Asuka and Paige) maybe they’ll feel like they’re able to turn her, although Bayley probably needs the turn even more.
None of them with turn until after Wrestlemania, they still have 4HW vs. 4HW to do.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Name a woman she’s worked with where their best match isn’t with Sasha.

None of them with turn until after Wrestlemania, they still have 4HW vs. 4HW to do.
That's not my point. My point is she has done very little since her call up to the main roster... and her promo is dog shit. That's true. The moment she stops talking with her eyes closed and her head stops bobbling around like she just ate a pound of mushrooms at Woodstock, let me know. That coupled with the fact that she sounds like she's got a bar of soap in her mouth when she talks, too.

Alexa had her best match on Sunday night, by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paris in Flames

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I still think Bliss is better, Becky is a close second though.

I can definitely see choosing Bliss over Becky. Bliss is more consistently given more time to show it but when Becky cuts a serious promo...she's unmatched on the main roster.

Probably the best female promo on the main roster in a long time, imo.

She's definitely my favorite female wrestler in the WWE, but it seems like she doesn't really do much anymore.

Booking on Becky is generally meh. She's often just used at the best friend or the one to get turned on.

......in hindsight the above sentence sounds off.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Becky is high on my list, too. Wish she was given more...

Saw her in Orlando during WM33 week, gave her a high five. Seems like a genuine person...

She's also a smoke show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's not my point. My point is she has done very little since her call up to the main roster... and her promo is dog ****. That's true. The moment she stops talking with her eyes closed and her head stops bobbling around like she just ate a pound of mushrooms at Woodstock, let me know. That coupled with the fact that she sounds like she's got a bar of soap in her mouth when she talks, too.

Alexa had her best match on Sunday night, by the way.

So, Sunday night. Alexa has her best match 2 days ago. Possible, it was at least 3-stars. But maybe you can recap what kind of reaction that match was getting, I promise you I gave it a better one than the live crowd did, and also more apt to acknowledge her in-ring improvement. It's what's saved us from a Dana Brooke title reign.

But, yes, it was a point you made. You said Sasha hasn't been good in the ring since she fought Charlotte, and that's not true. Nothing's she's done has been as good as when she was with Charlotte, but she's had one bad PPV match since being called up and it was a on a kickoff show, and she was working with Nia Jax and was getting squashed. She made her look passable a number of other times. You might as well tell us Andrew MacDonald is worth $30 million dollars.

We get the rest though, blah blah blah, Sasha and Bayley suck at everything, NXT was a long time ago, you don't watch it anyways, and it doesn't matter that they move merch, etc. Bayley's awful booking is biggest reason why they haven't been able to turn Sasha heel. Regardless, this isn't meant to be a litigation of those three. All three of them bring something to the table that WWE has failed to capitalize on, just in time for Alexa to start looking over her shoulder for Mandy Rose. I'm pointing out, again, that you're missing the boat, again, on the actual problem. Usually you just kind of talk yourself into insulting them since your points rarely have substance. It's almost definitely exactly what Vince does each night when he picks out who Roman Reigns gets to turn into a geek. Almost definitely exactly.

Booking, writing, scripting, and terrible finishes to your matches has bogged down the division for the better part of this whole year - or about as long as Alexa has been champion. The terrible finishes more than anything is what really kills the matches, and it's happened on both brands. Alexa's gotten terrible talking segments pretty often, she's just excellent at delivery and people recognize that (and better than Becky). That's the bottom line, core problem of WWE. Finn Balor gets earmarked for a huge match with Lesnar at the Rumble, a guy that they probably have to talk Lesnar into wanting to make look good. The way to get there has been to have him basically ignore that he's owed a Universal Title rematch, give him a terrible feud with Bray Wyatt, drop the mulligan he got when he got to put him over AJ by having Kane squash him, marginalize him at Survivor Series, and have Joe choke him out twice, all the while Triple H is at war with Vince to keep him out of 205 Live. Today, we learn Vince thinks he's not over. Probably better off, maybe he can go to Smackdown and get his revenge on Jinder.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sasha has become very underrated. I don't even think Charlotte was Bliss's best match, I still think that was Sasha.

Payback, Great Balls of Fire, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series in 1-on-1 matches, each you could make a case for. Two of them just had bad finishes, the crowd was dead for the one, and the SummerSlam match the finish came out of nowhere. The Charlotte match, my issue is actually with how Alexa worked over the ribs and by the end was basically no-sold, but I blame that on the booking of the match and not Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->