WWE: Monday Night Raw part 175: Top Injury Prone Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh my goodness that Cena/Reigns promo was the best back and forth weve heard in years

Horrible crowd though, just horrible.

You can't **** on the guy's promo, though. That's not good. That's why I think Punk was incredible at delivering heat. He would make it feel real, but he'd also open himself up so he can build the other guy up, too. That's how you deliver. You don't call out a guy for struggling to find words. This isn't backyard football where you are talking **** on a guy. You have to build it up. Heyman is also incredible at doing that.

I don't blame Cena here because the writers clearly wanted this to happen, and IMO it was a bad move. You can't cut the guy off mid promo and tell him he doesn't know how to speak. That's a bad move.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
The reality is that Roman did have everything handed to him. He literally buried everybody with the Shield when the Shield was handed everything and then transitioned into a singles role that led him to a royal rumble win while beating all the top guys.

Cena was quite the opposite. Cena got over without any support by the WWE, he did it all as a singles wrestler. He literally became the most popular wrestler overnight on SmackDown and was rewarded by winning the title without really beating anyone that note worthy in his time over there. It was only when he transitioned to Raw that WWE kinda gave him the keys to the kingdom.

Cena cut better promos in his 1st year in the WWE than Reigns will ever do in his life.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
If you count "pioneers" or whatever, sure cena isn't up there.

If you take into account the things that cena can do that guys like hogan could never even dream of, he blows them out of the water.

its all about modern era and all that ****

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
You can't **** on the guy's promo, though. That's not good. That's why I think Punk was incredible at delivering heat. He would make it feel real, but he'd also open himself up so he can build the other guy up, too. That's how you deliver. You don't call out a guy for struggling to find words. This isn't backyard football where you are talking **** on a guy. You have to build it up. Heyman is also incredible at doing that.

I don't blame Cena here because the writers clearly wanted this to happen, and IMO it was a bad move. You can't cut the guy off mid promo and tell him he doesn't know how to speak. That's a bad move.

Nah thats what made it real.

Nobody in the WWE has the balls to pull that off unlike Cena. I think everything went off the script for that promo, and Vince literally could do nothing to stop it. His top two cash cows are standing in the ring, he had to let it go and just happen.

Cena is right about Roman though, he can't cut a promo. Thats why the fans dislike him.

Cena was 100% spot on. People only don't like Cena because of what happened earlier in his career when he constantly won every feud. People don't like Reigns because he can't cut a promo. It's that simple, it was great work by Cena. He told the truth that every other wrestler is not allowed to tell. Best promo in years IMO.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I thought the promo wasn't very good at all. It seemed like "fake real" to me. Didn't do anything for me in wanting to see the match.

It was yet another good opportunity to turn Roman heel and it didn't happen.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Nobody in the WWE has the balls to pull that off unlike Cena. I think everything went off the script for that promo, and Vince literally could do nothing to stop it. His top two cash cows are standing in the ring, he had to let it go and just happen.

Cena is right about Roman though, he can't cut a promo. Thats why the fans dislike him.

Cena was 100% spot on. People only don't like Cena because of what happened earlier in his career when he constantly won every feud. People don't like Reigns because he can't cut a promo. It's that simple, it was great work by Cena. He told the truth that every other wrestler is not allowed to tell. Best promo in years IMO.

I disagree with you about on/off script. I think it went exactly how they scripted it. However, it doesn't matter that we disagree on that.

edit: As I post that, PS just says he feels it didn't sell. :laugh: See?

My point is that a wrestler's job in a promo is not just to talk **** and get the crowd to think it's real trash talk. That doesn't sell. You have to really straddle that fine line and also leave yourself open for shots so both guys build it bigger and bigger. If you have 2 guys ******** on one another, it doesn't work.

If you hate Roman, you love Cena's promo. If you are in the middle... you didn't have that sell you on anything.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I thought the promo wasn't very good at all. It seemed like "fake real" to me. Didn't do anything for me in wanting to see the match.

It was yet another good opportunity to turn Roman heel and it didn't happen.

It doesn't really matter that much anymore in terms of "turning heel." They give you everything you want if you don't like him.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada

it's actually not THAT simple. People complain about Reigns because he is pushed like Cena was(after he was on RAW), he was literally Super Roman once the Shield ended and was pushed to the moon without earning ANYTHING or building himself up as a singles competitor....
People hate Reigns, because he is what Cena called him 'a boot leg Cena'...

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
it's actually not THAT simple. People complain about Reigns because he is pushed like Cena was(after he was on RAW), he was literally Super Roman once the Shield ended and was pushed to the moon without earning ANYTHING or building himself up as a singles competitor....
People hate Reigns, because he is what Cena called him 'a boot leg Cena'...

No, you don't know what your talking about.

Its about the promos, Reigns couldn't cut them. People like Reigns based off his in ring work on the shield. Once he cut promos on his own in the ring he got exposed and people boo'd him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad