WWE: Monday Night Raw part 117: What is an Infinity Scarf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Whether Rollins got injured or not, the plan was for Reigns to walk into Wrestlemania season as the WWE World champion, according to F4WOnline. Reigns vs. Rollins would have main evented Survivor Series and TLC, where Reigns would have won the title at one of those events.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Reigns is the no. 1 contender. So kayfabe-wise why should he have to go through a tournament to get the belt? The whole thing be a chance to fight Reigns for the belt.

I definitely had the same thought. They did a similar thing after Edge had to drop the title after ADR was already the number one contender. They held a battle royal on Smackdown with Christian as the winner and ADR kept his place in the match.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Would you guys agree with Ziggler on this? Might make for some good discussion

k4xZ3Il.png

Not the least important part, but his point is definitely taken.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
You could have him win a match, but not the whole tournament. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Owens meet in the 2nd round with the recent history... in keeping with true heel form, Owens could win via count out or something shady like that after nailing Balor with a kendo stick or some nonsense when the ref isn't looking. Saves a bit of face.

I'm not saying I fully agree with it, as I'd love Balor to come in as a legit threat... that said, the roster is horrifically weak... and it may be a matter of necessity, not desire.

I mean, we're seriously talking about Stardust being in a tournament for the WWE Championship.

I repeat : Stardust

Hey now, there's always one guy in those tourneys that makes everyone go, "hey, he doesn't belong there. Like he's gonna win."

Like Kofi Kingston, or John Morrison before him. :dunno:

Obviously Stardust won't be the last man standing, barring some outside-the-box thinking from WWE Creative.

But that's about as likely as the sun rising in the west.

... Oh wow. :laugh:

I could do a better poster in MS Paint.

Not nearly as bad as that subway one they had earlier this summer. :help:

Oct 18, 2011
Whether Rollins got injured or not, the plan was for Reigns to walk into Wrestlemania season as the WWE World champion, according to F4WOnline. Reigns vs. Rollins would have main evented Survivor Series and TLC, where Reigns would have won the title at one of those events.
interesting, this would signal to me they are going with a reigns/brock rematch

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Why's that?

Because he was absolutely terrible. He was bad at everything other than taking spots. No mic skills and little wrestling skill.

I'm not a total blind hater though, I can give him his due props. He had a cool look that the kids latched onto, he had a very good connection with the audience, and had some cool moments like his ladder match against Undertaker and the entirety of the CM Punk feud but other than that - I thought he was garbage.

It's gotten annoying again the past few years because the kids who enjoyed his mediocre crap are now old enough to articulate why he was so great when he really wasn't - that's just youthful nostalgia kicking in. All IMO obviously.

I also hate him (and Matt) as human beings as well but that's different. :laugh:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Because he was absolutely terrible. He was bad at everything other than taking spots. No mic skills and little wrestling skill.

I'm not a total blind hater though, I can give him his due props. He had a cool look that the kids latched onto, he had a very good connection with the audience, and had some cool moments like his ladder match against Undertaker and the entirety of the CM Punk feud but other than that - I thought he was garbage.

It's gotten annoying again the past few years because the kids who enjoyed his mediocre crap are now old enough to articulate why he was so great when he really wasn't - that's just youthful nostalgia kicking in. All IMO obviously.

I also hate him (and Matt) as human beings as well but that's different. :laugh:

I agree about him being awful on the mic but he was ridiculously entertaining and had a great look. Maybe a bit of a spot monkey yes but his wrestling wasn't terrible either. I actually wasn't a massive Hardy fan at the time because I was all about E & C but I feel the wwe needs something new and fresh at least.

Hardy would make me tune in for at least a week!

I don't know, something needs to change with that company. It's fiction coming to life from the attitude era, it truly is too corporate nowadays.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

IF that is true who would of been the heel chasing him if he remained a babyface? Unless they planned on doing face/face.

I can't imagine the plan was to have Brock win the rumble to face a champ Roman.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I agree about him being awful on the mic but he was ridiculously entertaining and had a great look. Maybe a bit of a spot monkey yes but his wrestling wasn't terrible either. I actually wasn't a massive Hardy fan at the time because I was all about E & C but I feel the wwe needs something new and fresh at least.

I don't disagree he had a great look, it's why he connected to the crowd so easily. But yeah, his wrestling - couldn't stand it. I thought all his moves looked about as powerful as Dean Ambrose's punches. :laugh: I always felt he needed to be heavily carried in all his matches.

Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to him coming back, I just wouldn't want to see him in the main event.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Charlotte got wrecked in London tonight, with ridiculous heat and "overrated" chants.
Was she wrestling Paige or did she face the army of Sasha Banks fanboys who can't appreciate any other talent? :shakehead speaking about overrated, I remember how excited everyone was when Paige debuted, saying what a great wrestler she was, while in reality she's just another pretty girl, who is a garbage speaker and botches her moves left and right.

I mean, yeah, it's annoying how Charlotte is only praised as a Flair (develop a character FFS), but she's still good.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Was she wrestling Paige or did she face the army of Sasha Banks fanboys who can't appreciate any other talent? :shakehead speaking about overrated, I remember how excited everyone was when Paige debuted, saying what a great wrestler she was, while in reality she's just another pretty girl, who is a garbage speaker and botches her moves left and right.

I mean, yeah, it's annoying how Charlotte is only praised as a Flair (develop a character FFS), but she's still good.

Charlotte really isn't any better as a performer than Paige. I mean, Charlotte is more crisp in the ring but she is an awful seller and is pretty bland even for a babyface.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Charlotte is overrated though. 100% they handed the belt to her because of daddy's influence.

Worst thing they did to her. At least when she came up through NXT, she had a unique gimmick with the eugenics stuff. Sure, she was alluding to the fact she comes from wrestling royalty, but it wasn't her whole character like now. "Jabber on mic, WOOOOOOOO, repeat." She has a mainly voice, she's not really all that good in the ring, and she has little personality outside of being Flair Jr.

Paige was awesome too until she got the stink of the main roster diva's division on her.

In about 4 years or so, Charlotte will be cannon fodder and Sasha will probably rule over the division. It's no coincidence they're protecting her. She's easily the best total package (looks, charisma, in ring ability) next to Bayley imo.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't think Paige is that great to be honest. She can be really awkward on the mic sometimes. I think her and Charlotte can have some decent matches, most of the division right now can't wrestle for s*** so at least we know (thanks to NXT) that these women can go and have good matches. Add in Sasha, Becky and Bayley and theres 5 women who can have various rivalries and be better than what the division has been for a long time. I think AJ was great but needed better competition imo.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
You could have him win a match, but not the whole tournament. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Owens meet in the 2nd round with the recent history... in keeping with true heel form, Owens could win via count out or something shady like that after nailing Balor with a kendo stick or some nonsense when the ref isn't looking. Saves a bit of face.

I'm not saying I fully agree with it, as I'd love Balor to come in as a legit threat... that said, the roster is horrifically weak... and it may be a matter of necessity, not desire.

I mean, we're seriously talking about Stardust being in a tournament for the WWE Championship.

I repeat : Stardust.

Need I remind you the last time a tournament was held at a Survivor Series for the WWF title that X-Pac vs. Steven Regal (in his 'Man's Man' Gimmick) was a first round match.....

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Paige is light years ahead of Charlotte in every facet of wrestling. I can't believe that's even a debatable topic?!?

I wouldn't say light years. Charlotte has a much higher ceiling and track record. I can't even remember a single Paige singles match above 3 stars. Of course Charlotte was helped by working with better NXT people at a time it was higher profile than when Paige was there.

Main roster is killing Charlotte though, just killed her momentum and her character for what it was. Then again Paige's character has been all over the place over the last 18 months.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I wouldn't say light years. Charlotte has a much higher ceiling and track record. I can't even remember a single Paige singles match above 3 stars. Of course Charlotte was helped by working with better NXT people at a time it was higher profile than when Paige was there.

Main roster is killing Charlotte though, just killed her momentum and her character for what it was. Then again Paige's character has been all over the place over the last 18 months.

Paige vs Emma?

Paige didn't have Bayley, Sasha and Becky to work with week in and week out too. Paige is clearly better than Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->