WWE: Monday Night Raw part 117: What is an Infinity Scarf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Perfect opportunity to get Chad Gable up to the main roster and let him start a good 5-6 year run as WWE Champion. Just an option I'd consider...

This all points to this: Reigns wins tournament in a callback to Survivor Series 1998 which was a callback to 1997. I'm against this not because it is Reigns, but because it will mean more Authority on TV and that is just poison. The last thing I want is for them to look at the ratings and decide that more "Steph emasculates the roster and never gets a comeuppance" is needed.

Lesnar's not coming in, because I'm sure they don't want to pay him to wrestle 2-3 times on a single show.

Rushing Cena back would kill the morale of the roster that is left so i hope they don't do that.

They pay him per appearance, not match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I bet he has a match limit, too. I bet it's written in the contract somehow.

His new contract allows for more shows and matches. That's why he's worked house shows since the new contract and is appearing at another one later this month.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
For the love of god please do something fresh. Cesaro to win the entire tournament or something. Are there any good free agents out there they could quickly sign and have him enter and win? Would be pretty cool. It's all wishful thinking at this point I know.

At this point I honestly wouldn't care if the WWE folded tomorrow, I might even root for that.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Reigns is the no. 1 contender. So kayfabe-wise why should he have to go through a tournament to get the belt? The whole thing be a chance to fight Reigns for the belt.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
For the love of god please do something fresh. Cesaro to win the entire tournament or something. Are there any good free agents out there they could quickly sign and have him enter and win? Would be pretty cool. It's all wishful thinking at this point I know.

At this point I honestly wouldn't care if the WWE folded tomorrow, I might even root for that.

Jeff Hardy springs to mind, but nobody else really. He'd be over as soon as his music hit, and he could easily be booked as a massive heel.

Insofar as the WWE folding, well.... I can't say I disagree with you.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Reigns is the no. 1 contender. So kayfabe-wise why should he have to go through a tournament to get the belt? The whole thing be a chance to fight Reigns for the belt.

You could either keep him out or the tournament could be done as a means to face Roman in the finals for the title to utilize the fact that he's the #1 contender. He should receive some type of advantage here if he's involved but he shouldn't be given the title either.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Yes, because Balor shouldn't lose on his debut night (if the intention is to do the tournament in one night at SS).

You could have him win a match, but not the whole tournament. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Owens meet in the 2nd round with the recent history... in keeping with true heel form, Owens could win via count out or something shady like that after nailing Balor with a kendo stick or some nonsense when the ref isn't looking. Saves a bit of face.

I'm not saying I fully agree with it, as I'd love Balor to come in as a legit threat... that said, the roster is horrifically weak... and it may be a matter of necessity, not desire.

I mean, we're seriously talking about Stardust being in a tournament for the WWE Championship.

I repeat : Stardust.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Samoa Joe, Baron Corbin or James Storm would probably be the call up, not Balor. Just my thinking. I see Balor (and Bayley) being saved for post-WM Raw.

WWE may get desperate and bring in Hardy or Angle as a surprise and short-term star power boost.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You could have him win a match, but not the whole tournament. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Owens meet in the 2nd round with the recent history... in keeping with true heel form, Owens could win via count out or something shady like that after nailing Balor with a kendo stick or some nonsense when the ref isn't looking. Saves a bit of face.

I'm not saying I fully agree with it, as I'd love Balor to come in as a legit threat... that said, the roster is horrifically weak... and it may be a matter of necessity, not desire.

I mean, we're seriously talking about Stardust being in a tournament for the WWE Championship.

I repeat : Stardust.

Yeah but Stardust's involvement is really just a means to further his story with Cesaro who nobody here is really expecting to win the tournament either. And Stardust's involvement is the first round. We still don't know if this is an 8 man or a 16 man tourney either. With two shows, the round of 16 can be done on Raw to set up an 8 man tourney at the special. The last time there was a tourney for the title, Alex Riley was involved. So was Jack Swagger, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, and Dolph Ziggler. Stardust being involved is easily as credible as any of those guys at that time.

And honestly, they need to move his story along to finish the character and bring Cody back for a face run. I think the crowd could get behind him enough to at least challenge for a title if not win it at some point in the next 5 years.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You could either keep him out or the tournament could be done as a means to face Roman in the finals for the title to utilize the fact that he's the #1 contender. He should receive some type of advantage here if he's involved but he shouldn't be given the title either.

It should be a tourney to face Roman for a vacant title if that is the case. And I think Dean should win it.

Use the tourney to start a Cesaro KO feud for the IC belt etc. my fantasy booking.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ya outside of a onetime thing for team taker to sort of mimic Taker's introduction on the 25th anniversary.

It's best to wait on Finn. Let KO get more established as you have a built in feud between the two once he arrives.

That Survivor Series thing isn't happening.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It should be a tourney to face Roman for a vacant title if that is the case. And I think Dean should win it.

Use the tourney to start a Cesaro KO feud for the IC belt etc. my fantasy booking.

I wouldn't mind that or where Roman receives a bye or Roman is out altogether and whoever wins the title faces Roman at TLC. There is no one idea that I'm married to with regards to Roman's involvement. That's the beauty of a tournament. You have a lot of different options and can accomplish a lot of different things while elevating a significant amount of the people involved. It gives everyone involved the opportunity to do something to show that they want that title and in a setting that makes sense. And doing so sets up many different things down the road using the tourney and the fallout as a jump-off point.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Mania32After_zpsjsfoe2yn.0.png

Dean replaced Seth on the poster. Not sure if it means much, if anything.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think its pretty safe to say Finn and Bayley won't be called up for a little while.

You have Charlotte as the champ now and Sasha most likely being in the title picture soon, those two will tear it up, throw Becky in there every now and then. Don't rush Bayley in yet, even tho she's more than ready for the main roster.

Same for Finn, let KO and even Neville for that matter continue to grow, Sami Zayn should be back soon too right? he's most likely on the main roster now, have him feud with KO and have a fantastic rivalry, Breeze is up there too. I do think they need to do something big with Finn tho. Not just a random first match on RAW.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
PWinsider notes (can post them here since they aren't spoilers)

- Reigns is expected to win the title and go into TLC as the champ

- Del Rio will feud with nobodies until December. Can you take a guess at who his first real feud will be? This feud is also expected to be based around "muh patriotism" like the last feud he had with Rusev.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Jeff Hardy springs to mind, but nobody else really. He'd be over as soon as his music hit, and he could easily be booked as a massive heel.

Insofar as the WWE folding, well.... I can't say I disagree with you.

Oh man imagine if Hardy came in as a surprise and won it all. That would be awesome.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think its pretty safe to say Finn and Bayley won't be called up for a little while.

You have Charlotte as the champ now and Sasha most likely being in the title picture soon, those two will tear it up, throw Becky in there every now and then. Don't rush Bayley in yet, even tho she's more than ready for the main roster.

Same for Finn, let KO and even Neville for that matter continue to grow, Sami Zayn should be back soon too right? he's most likely on the main roster now, have him feud with KO and have a fantastic rivalry, Breeze is up there too. I do think they need to do something big with Finn tho. Not just a random first match on RAW.

Be honest I have little faith in Charlotte at this point. I think Becky should get the face push and be the chasing face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad